Thread: Am I weird for this?

Am I weird for this?

Hey there! Crossdressing has always been a small part of my life, but this year my interest has really exploded. I started like most, with dresses and heels, but lately my attention has shifted to a different side of "fem" and has left me feeling a bit weird and conflicted. This is why I was glad to a find a place like here, so I guess I'll just get it off my chest. Lately when I crossdress, I pad my body and put on big fake breasts, like full on "plus-size" shape. I don't just mean hip pads, i mean I wrap towels around my legs and butt to make my lower body appear more curvy, and use large fake boobs. I've looked online but my "style" of CDing didn't seem very common, so Ive started to think, maybe I've gone too far? Am i really weird for this?

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    Because you say this is a recent development for you, I would suggest to not worry over it, Jess. It may just be a heightened interest in the short term as you explore something that is new and exciting.

This can happen with any "hobby" that one is into. I used to do long-distance bicycling (trips of between 40 and 100 miles). Even though I was not doing it as much at the time, my SO, because of stories I shared, briefly took an interest in using a bicycle as part of her physical regimen. She went out and bought a $1,000 bike - and proceeded to rarely ride it. That bike has probably less than 300 miles on it.

Did she go overboard by buying such an expensive bike? Yes. But she was caught up in the newness of something that suddenly interested her.

While it may hold your interest long-term, only time will tell if it does so. For now, it is equally possible that this activity morphs into something that remains part of your crossdressing, just to a lesser degree than it holds now, or that falls away entirely.

Give yourself time to explore this new interest. I would add - just don't spend $1,000 on towels.
    Last edited by ColleenA; 04-25-2023 at 04:27 AM.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

Nah! You are not alone. I admit I obsess a lot. I did the padding thing for a while but then started to take it further and started to modify my body. Still working on obtaining that feminine shape! Real breasts are so much nicer than fake! And welcome to the fray!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Jess,

From what you've said you're relatively new to "Full on" dressing. For all of us it's a learning curve that never seems to straighten, ongoing as they say. My guess is that as time passes you'll find what suits you best and move towards being ever more accurate in your femme shaping.

I would say now is the time to experiment with different options. Explore and find what looks good. The old adage that sometimes less is more certainly applies to our dressing. You'll know when it goes too far in that skirts will become too tight, the fit won't be right and one thing many of us would say is a corset is a game changer. Getting a thinner waist is perhaps the starting point and build your curves from there. If a skirt is then the right waist size then the amount of padding will follow to have it hanging correctly and not strained at the seams.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I don?t think anyone here can call anyone else ?too weird?. If it makes you happy, go for it.

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find there is a "tad" of variety in expression here. What you are doing is fine because you are in sort of an exploration stage. We all have done, are doing, or need to do that to find what produces the most satisfying look to fit the finer details of our concepts and finer details of our expression. You do have some unusual tactics, but that is OK. In time you will likely find a recipe that works best for you. I am sure cisgender folks experiment as well - all of us do - and there are so many places where we can experiment with different clothing, different colors, and so many other things.

Hi Jess I think it depends on how huge you make your proportions in relation to other parts of your body, there's no shame or weirdness in appreciating a fuller figure but if your legs are out of proportion to the rest for example I think it would look a little strange if you are looking to reasonably pass, if you are only doing it in your own home who cares do what makes you happy. There is somebody on youtube walking down the road like this at night and it would certainly draw attention.
    I asked the same question when I found this forum because my lifestyle may seem a little strange but thankfully didn't receive any negative comments so felt reassured, hope you do too.

Not weird at all. I too have been on the hunt for hip padding. And still have yet to find a wig I love. Enjoy yourself.

What's "weird"? As Paul Simon sang, "One man's ceiling is another man's floor". In this community, your current gender expression is definitely not weird, Jess. If you are having fun with it and not hurting anyone with it, why worry about it?
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

To each Her own.
    You be you and enjoy things dear to your heart.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Welcome to the group Jess. As has been said we all have our different things that work for us. You do you and enjoy yourself, you'll find a happy medium. Feel free to ask for help/advice, you'll always find girls here willing to answer any questions you have.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

My two cents is it?s simply the ebb and flow helped by the pink fog, of our world. Over the years, I?ve had many of the same experiences. First it was hose, then obsessed with bras, off and on with padding, high heels or flats, and the beat goes on.

The others that have posted responses to your question have provided sound advice. Just enjoy whatever pleases you without guilt or shame. As long as you are hot harming yourself or others, there is no reason to feel badly about what pleases you.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 05-10-2023 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Brevity reduces opportunity to be edited.

Welcome to the forum! If you are comparing yourself to other crossdressers, then we take all kinds here. No need to worry about being different, there is no one right way to crossdress. Be yourself!

I think we each go for a look that appeals to us, and that look can change over time. It is about finding a look that is satisfying, and sometimes it takes unusual forms. I like it to be interesting, exciting, and fun!
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Welcome Jessicj09!

You're not any more weird than any other person out there. You are you. You define you. The rest of the world doesn't get to do that. Trying to live up to someone else's ideas of 'normal' is allow yourself to live in their cage.

Be you. All the other jobs are taken.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Jessic, I'm going to take a shot out in left feild here. From the posts above, I think the girls here r clueless what your post is about.

If I'm rite, I get what u mean. Because I have created some really obese women in photos. And, even I'm not certain why! Because I don't find those looks attractive. If I'm rite, we're touching on subjects that can't be discussed on this forum! PM me!

If I'm wrong? More of what everyone posted above!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    You, unlike some folks here, have figured out that the difference between the male body and the female body is more than just the breasts. I pad my butt and hips, but I realize that a woman's body would have more meat (fat) on the legs all the way to the ankles. I deal with this with my selection of clothes because padding the legs would be difficult and uncomfortable. Multiple pairs of sweat pants might work but they would be extremely hot.

As for being weird, we are all a bit weird by normal standards.
    Krisi

Jess, I find nothing wrong with how you pad your self. You do you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

What's weird about all that? One characteristic for me about crossdressing, especially in the early years of my coming-out (to myself, a therapist, and my wife) was the drive for being more feminine. First it was just wearing my lingerie, then it was padding with socks, then putting on makeup. Next a wig. Somewhere in there I wanted gender-affirming surgery (still unrealized) and wanting to live as a woman every day for the rest of my life. "Never enough" seems to be a common theme for crossdressers. I have learned to moderate some of this. I bought a series of inexpensive theater tickets so I could go out fully en femme for an evening several times a year, and when my wife goes out of town, I go into femme mode for as much of the time as I can fit into my schedule. During these times, I take time to sit and reflect that I am enjoying something as close to my dreams without wrecking my life. It's not completely "enough", but it is darned close, and it makes me happy.

I hope this helps somehow.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    You mentioned "gender affirming surgery". Even I, a very straight Crossdresser, comfortable with being male, have SERIOUSLY thought about that in "pink fog moments". of course I realize after some deep lucid thoughts about it, it was/is simply a "fantasy", bordering on S/M, to greatly enhance the erotic element of my CD experience (Augh! what if I am stuck this way?, etc.) ---

I know that this is not the case with everyone, but I can see very clearly that such pink fog urges MIGHT cause some CDers to actually self- diagnose themselves into thinking they actually ARE Transsexuals and might go through with surgery, etc. THAT'S why I STRONGLY recommend that anybody thinking that they are TS consult a very good Psychologist. I personally think that the present-day upsurge in people calling themselves "Transgender, (in actually, a very rare condition), may be due to many (especially inexperienced young folks) self-diagnosing themselves, based on the very complicated workings of the CD mind, pink fog, erotic aspects and now that TS is "cool", in some circles. My point is that such feelings can be very misleading and that PROFESSIONAL ADVICE should be considered before one actually goes through any such surgical procedures.

No you aren't weird. Everyone has a style they enjoy and it seems right now that is the style you are enjoying

No, definitely not weird. This is what I always say: crossdressing, not weird, transgender/transsexual, not weird, spending your whole life pretending to be something you’re not, very weird. With all that padding, take care not to get overheated.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicj09 View Post
    Hey there! Crossdressing has always been a small part of my life, but this year my interest has really exploded. I started like most, with dresses and heels, but lately my attention has shifted to a different side of "fem" and has left me feeling a bit weird and conflicted. This is why I was glad to a find a place like here, so I guess I'll just get it off my chest. Lately when I crossdress, I pad my body and put on big fake breasts, like full on "plus-size" shape. I don't just mean hip pads, i mean I wrap towels around my legs and butt to make my lower body appear more curvy, and use large fake boobs. I've looked online but my "style" of CDing didn't seem very common, so Ive started to think, maybe I've gone too far? Am i really weird for this?
    Jess, not strange at all! I do the exact same thing. I will go to extreme measures to be able to have that very large body.
    Amanda