Thread: Old Lady

Old Lady

The other night I was wearing just a simple tee shirt dress while making dinner for my wife and me. Nothing fancy but comfortable. Afterwards I had to go out to our barn to take care of some th it?s but it was cold so I put a winter jacket over it. In retrospect , a frumpy look. My wife looked at me and laughed and said ?you look like an old lady?. I supposed I did and responded ?that?s not what I was going for, but I guess that?s ultimately the goal?. Kind of funny, thought I?d share.

Cute story thanks for sharing.

Banned Read only
    You're fortunate to have a wife that you can be femme around even if it is a "frumpy" look. If one thinks about it women do not dress to the nines all the time. It rarely gets very cold in my area, so the heat is off at night. I turn the heat up to get rid of the chill in the morning. If my wife happens to get up early which is a rare occurrence, she'll roam around the house in PJ bottoms, graphic t-shirt and hooded sweat shirt. We're in our seventies and look like it.

If the shoe fits...
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Not a bad comment at all, just an honest observation which is more then ok
    Crissy

Comfy doesn't have to mean Old.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    At this stage in my life, I had better be satisfied with looking like an old lady, frumpy or otherwise.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm in my 60's...and just happy to be a "60's woman!
    Life is too short to wear ugly panties!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks for reminding me, Mermaiden! Why I either dress all the way or not at all.

After the kinky thrill of wearing just nylons, and/or girdles, and/or forms wore off, I didn't like the way I looked part way dressed!

That's when I quit just throwing women's things on. If I can't look like an attractive woman? I mite as well be a comfortably dressed man! And, he can look as sloppy as he likes without me caring!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I am in my mid 70s and guess I look that way in male or female clothes.
    Vikky.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Good that the two of you can have some fun with it, priceless. I often sleep in a tee shirt dress and sitting around in the evening watching TV with it on, very comfy.

Reality Check
    While it is not uncommon for younger folks to make fun of older folks, the older we get, the more we value being "old". Many don't get the privilege of being old.

That said, when I dress as a "lady", I can't help looking like an "old lady". That's because I am old.
    Krisi

I love it! Yes, I like looking nice when I go out, but after it dawned on me that women don't feel beautiful all the time, pulling on a pair of sweats and a T-shirt and skipping the makeup sort of fills the need to achieve realism, too.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

One of the (many) pleasant aspects I have discovered in my transition as an older woman is just being a EVERYDAY woman. Many days, especially on weekends, it is just jeans and a t-shirt or sweats. A little mascara and lipstick, and I am out the door!
    Life is too short to wear ugly panties!

Platinum Member
    Well You are getting to that Age Quickly,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!