Thread: If she only knew.

If she only knew.

I have said before that I am somewhat closeted, nobody who knows me drab knows anything about Geena. Recently I had thoughts that really made me wish I had an accepting an informed spouse. For Easter she was fussing over not having a nice enough outfit to wear, and I thought of my light blue dress, which would fit her (a bit longer than on me) and look pretty nice. There have been other occasions where I thought of how she would like an outfit of mine. Then, she recently wore her gold sweater dress, the one identical to mine. I did a little extra hugging to feel the softness of it from the other side, so to speak.

I don't see coming out leading to acceptance, or even her wishing to borrow from my wardrobe, but it is fun to imagine!
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice to read the reverse side of interspousal dressing here, Geena!

Most all the others I've read been have about trans who wish they could, or have, borrowed their SO's clothes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    Wishing you could offer her a dress to make her holiday shows you have a good heart, Geena.

Although our relationship has been rocky for a while now, my SO has always accepted my dressing and, in fact, recently borrowed one of my dresses for an event she was attending. Then, two weeks ago, I came home with some clothes and she immediately indicated which two items she intended to borrow. That made me feel good.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

My wife would not be caught dead in any of my dresses! Lucky for me they all too small for her and she really is not into dresses like I am.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Geena you have a big heart, wishing that you would have been able to lone a dress of yours to your wife.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Reality Check
    Life as a crossdresser is much, much simpler with an accepting or even tolerating spouse. It's even fun at times.

If you can find a way to let her know about your dressing and bring her somewhat into it, it will be worth it.
    Krisi

I?ve had the same feelings when I see my wife walking around the bedroom wearing the same style of Vanity Fair panties that I prefer.

Geena, my wife has borrowed some of my cloths. It makes me smile all day.

Geena, maybe buy her a few dresses. I really love "dressing up" my wife. When people compliment her on them and she says that I bought it for her it's such a great feeling.

Teenage, I find this so sad that you can not share this most important part of you. Although I do not have (and long for) full acceptance, at least she knows. And I can openly underdress and tell her that I like feminine things. She lets me go shopping with her. Recently she was shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding and I was able to accompany her to many stores (and be honest with her that I loved being in the stores and looking at the dresses). I wish you could find a way to tell her. Nancy

Banned Read only
    Geena, yes it would be nice to have some degree of acceptance rather than a life of hiding. My wife knows. She has not said "boo" since the mid 1980's. I know we wear the same size dress and actually have two dresses that are the same. She hardly wears dresses, and, I would never wear women's pants. She has seen this site open on the monitor. She has found an article of clothing (bra or panty) that I failed to put away. So, how does one cope with a non-accepting wife? Me? I buy too much "stuff" that I know I will never wear with any regularity. It's retail therapy. Too many dresses, undergarments, nightgowns. I readily admit I have been out of control sometimes. She is not there to rein me in; in the sense of reminding me that I am buying way to much.

My wife once borrowed my skirt for a job interview.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

My wife has borrowed a slip and pantyhose when she needed them. Given our height differences, she could not borrow much else.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Wearing her clothes is fun, her wearing my fem clothes would be a big statement of acceptance- hasn?t happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaiden View Post
    Wearing her clothes is fun, her wearing my fem clothes would be a big statement of acceptance- hasn?t happened yet.
    Exactly. My wife wants NO part of anything I have worn or even want to wear. Because we are fairly different in height there really isn’t much option anyway, but when I told her there was one particular dress of hers that I have enjoyed wearing and she has not worn it in years, so she moved it to my small part of the closet. No way she will ever entertain wearing it herself again. Not now. She will always associate me with that one. There is a custom dress that she ordered a while ago that arrived too big that I usurped (since they didn’t ask for it back when they sent a replacement). So we basically both have the same dress. I have not seen her wear hers since. Granted we no longer have too many occasions for her to wear dresses these days, but she still wouldn’t wear any of mine no matter what.

We have been talking a lot lately and trying to meet in the middle a bit, but swapping clothes is never likely. Granted she has been nice enough to hand me down certain jewelry and accessories that she no longer wants and even a few articles of clothing, but will never want any of them back.

Good thread Geena. Though my wife clearly isn’t exactly accepting or happy about things, thankfully I don’t have to be DADT or hide it completely from her. I can only imagine how hard that must be.

We cannot interchange clothes, but I have placed a few pairs of new pantyhose in her drawer that I bought but were too small for me.

I often accompany her on clothes shopping. She dresses at home and trusts my opinion on what looks good and what does not.

I told her today that it was dressing all day today. I got a Sheeze! And I thanked her for her support.

Today I went looking for a FULL body wig and I bought 2. If you like curly hair, this one is for you. I also purchased a new dress at the wig boutique that I shop at. I go in full Natalie and they know me there. It is black with a full flower prints all over. This is a perfect summer outdoor wedding guest dress. I love it.

But swapping clothes back and forth will never happen.

Banned Read only
    My wife occasionally wears my boxers. She wouldn't fit in any of my femme clothing even if she was aware of what I own.

The favour is never returned.

I would consider myself in a DADT relationship with an unsupportive wife. There have been a few occasions where she "borrowed" something of mine. As Connie said, that brought a smile to my face. It felt like a small bit of acceptance.

My wife knows and is accepting. she dresses more on the conservative side compared to my femme self. I have helped her many times to pick out outfits and have helped her out of some fashion ?emergencies? on occasion over the years with some things from my wardrobe. She has a love/hate relationship with my dressing at times but does see the advantage to having a hubby who CDs and can relate to all things fashion and beauty.

It's a shame she doesn't know, but not all who know would try to understand.
    I'm lucky enough that she knows and accepts and also that we can share things. We wear the same size tops and shoes so we exchange all the time.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Hi Geena , I know the Feeling, Been there and DoneThat,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!