Thread: Accepting reality

Accepting reality

I?ve been on HRT for a solid 8 months after years of starting and stopping again and again. The thing is, because I travel a lot for work, I?m now spending more and more of my time as Kara. Today I returned from a 3 day trip to Disney World without my family. As I sit here looking over the pictures I can see the pure joy in them. Is this the life I really want? I couldn?t live without my family but it sure is starting to feel like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You look awesome! Whatever you decide to do will work out perfectly.

So lovely and natural awesome

It's been While Kara and looking so happy....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I see happiness, for sure. Do whatever it takes to come to grips with who you are, and then live your life accordingly. Mind you, who we are is so much more than our gender, so considerations like career and relationships must be factored in, but the factoring should be solving for being the most happy and fulfilled we can be.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Glad you enjoyed your trip. I live very close to the parks and might have even been in Animal Kingdom the day you were there. Disney is such a welcoming place, despite the current dispute with the pols.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I wish you luck in finding the harmony needed to have a happy life without the need to sacrifice either your joy and authenticity or your family.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Enjoy your journey and adapt (for the good) as you progress...

Your brain is very flexible. The more you live as a woman, the more natural it becomes. I wish I was you.

Platinum Member

This:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Doepner View Post
    I wish you luck in finding the harmony needed to have a happy life without the need to sacrifice either your joy and authenticity or your family.
    No one should have to sacrifice family to attain authenticity nor the reverse. Be thoughtful about how you can become yourself and retain those you love and love you.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You do look great. I feel like that too when I am shelly. You cannot slap the smile off my face.
    [FO

Reality Check
    How does your family feel about this? Are they accepting or would they disown you? And what do you mean by "family"? Parents and siblings or wife and children?

In the end, it's your choice to make and you have to live with the consequences. Think long and hard about this.
    Krisi