Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you dress?

Why do you dress?

Why do you dress? I know many of us have the urge and maybe have even tried to stop, but why do you prefer panties and other female cloths? My wife can?t understand it, I know for me I like the material and color options. Really the options in general. What is your why?

Banned Read only
    Material and color options? Nice. I used to read Playboy for the articles. Sure, there were great long form articles available everywhere, but the ones in Playboy were so good.

If I knew why then I could probably control it but I have no clue. Just a driving force deep inside that will not go away (or has not over the last 6 decades, except for a few temporary times)
    Last edited by Karren H; 05-01-2023 at 02:41 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I do not really know and have given up trying to figure out why. All I know is that it makes me happy!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

I love it.
    I don't wish to change my gender I just want to change my clothes.

About all I can say is that it feels, normal, natural and right.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

I don't really know tbh. It excites me but not in a sexual way. I have tried and tried to explain it to myself but all I can come up with is It's possibly the taboo aspect of it.

It makes me feel happy, relaxed and pretty. I have always kept this side of me in the closet but recently I want to express myself more openly, part of me just loves the clothing, dresses, skirts, stockings and suspenders lol. Then there is the make up, wigs and high heels. The world just feels better dressed I guess

It just feels right to me.

Pleasure.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 05-08-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Shoe shopper
    I enjoy it! I do love all different styles. Dressing just feels right!

Part is the tabboo, no doubt, only way to explain wearing a bra. Part is the feel of the clothes and the comfort, why can't men wear short shorts, skirts, spaghetti straps? Why can't men's shirts be as soft as women's? Part is the look of the clothes, why can't men wear pretty things with cool colors? Or lace? Or fishnets?

Monica, not sure what Playboy has to do with this, but I used to read it cover to cover, and I wouldn't allow myself to open it until I found the bunny on the cover.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Because I've gotten good at it, it's exciting, a turn on, an outlet for my creative, artistic side, and a wonderful social diversion!

Name something else an 80 y/o man can do that's half as much fun!?

But, the main reason is:
    I CAN!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hugh Hefner would pay for articles! Authors got a nice paycheck for writing for Playboy. Wouldn't you work really hard to write your best stuff if someone paid what you thought you were worth?

I now have a large collection of women's clothes that fit perfectly. In a wide range of colors and styles to match my mood.
    I have more confidence when I'm dressed in nice clothes. More extroverted and more likely to socialize.

Marion

I like the way I look in a dress. I like doing my makeup. It makes me happy.

I like it and it is fun to do
    My avatar is todays pedicure
    Crissy

I can't think of a different answer that has not already been given.
    I like it it is fun to do.
    I like the way I look in a dress
    It just feels right
    I do not really know and have given up trying to figure it out
    Then of course there are the colors, materials and options.
    So I guess I would have to say all of the above. lol
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

There really isn't a why, just that it is. Not a choice, not a reason, it is just me. Brenda

I must agree with all the previous responses. It's an urge I can't fight, and it makes me feel wonderful. It just feels right.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Why not.
    Amanda

I spent years in therapy discussing that very question and a few others.
    It finally came down to, because I have a need or compulsion to wear women's clothes.
    It helps me relax and feel more myself. What that means is a whole nother conversation.

Also, it's not illegal, doesn't hurt anybody, and is, quite frankly, nobodies business but mine.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    It has always been part of me. I have had the internal feelings I was a girl/female since age 5 or before. Over 6 decades, so yes Imcan understand kids being confused, because I was a confused young kid. Over time accepted and learned to manage my feelings.

I dress because it seems natural to do so. As a young boy I was always fascinated in what girls and women wore, and wondered why I couldn't dress like them all the time.
    Then at about 9-10 years of age, and home by myself, I wandered into my parents room and looked through my mother's underwear drawer. I stripped and put on a bra, suspender belt and panties - all white as they were then - and nude stockings (I had seen my mother clip her stockings on often enough). finally a pair of her modest heel court shoes.
    When I looked in the mirror it look so natural on me and I knew I was meant to wear pretty underwear and clothes.
    Now, aged 70 I still feel whole when I am dressed.

The first thing I searched your question here, OMG their are 243 pages of research for you. Grab a coffee and enjoy the reading and have wife sit with you to enlighten her. Communication is critical with SO. Good luck🍻
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

If I didn?t dress I?d be running around naked lol. The clothes I wear reflect who I feel deep inside. IMO clothes are just clothes.

Crissy,

Love your new colors...

I go today....

Davina