Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you dress?

Why do I dress? I've got no better/deeper answer than because I enjoy it. I just love the way I feel when dressed as a woman.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Platinum Member
    Why do I Dress, It's just who I am And it's Just what I Do, I enjoy it
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

No idea why, possibly for some escapism to become someone else for awhile. I love the feminine styles and options compared to men's clothing. Wish I knew just an urge deep inside me that I can't really explain, but, makes me feel good

Not being a smarty, but it's something I want to do. It feeds my obsession and results in satisfaction. Basically it's what I do for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Simple. I started dressing as a child to explore the mystery of femininity.
    The clothes and female cues just fascinate me. Always have.

I sometimes feel that it chose me, and that in order to have a comfortable life, I have to accommodate myself to it. My signature line conveys something of the idea.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

The simple answer is I absolutely love dressing in lacey things (bras and panties) and having the sensation of boobs. When I am fully dressed with lipstick, jewelry, and wig in place, I feel so feminine even if I don't look it. The more complex answer is I don't have a clue - I just do.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

It relieves the gender identity dysphoria just enough so that I can feel normal. When I'm in stereotypical male clothing, I feel like I'm wearing a costume, pretending to be something I'm not. While this suggests that I'm transgendered, nothing else about my mind seems to be congruent with a female personality. I don't see the world like women do, I don't see relationships like women do, I don't communicate like women do (men typically use direct speech, women, indirect speech), I have no interest at all in infants and children, no nesting instincts, and if a friend doesn't return my calls, I just assume he's busy, not that I somehow did something to hurt his feelings. I spend hours, days, weeks or months, not speaking with someone without thinking that they are ignoring me. Which leaves me somewhere in the middle limbo of the gender world. While the GID is likely all related to being told that I was really supposed to be a girl throughout most of my childhood, it seems like even though I later learned that was incorrect, believing that during all those developmental years likely 'stuck' in my mind forever, because 60 years later, I still feel like that.
    And that's why I sit here wearing a bra, panties, a cute white top and a tartan pleated skirt, with white socks and Mary Jane shoes. And I feel normal like this. OH well.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

This is a Crossdressers only discussion. You have to dress to have these feelings. We or I dress because it feels good. It give me an upward feeling in my day, week, life. I enjoy it, We have to enjoy it, it takes so much time to dress. It actually becomes a way of life. You have to plan your day, week around your dressing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Dolly Parton's personal bra fitter and manager?
    Nope, Carla! Mine u bigger, better, and more idealistic!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I love the clothing and the way I feel when I'm dressed.
    I love the fabrics, the colors, the looks I can achieve with wigs and makeup. I love how I feel like the REAL me.

What I don't know is why women don't. Why don't they treat themselves more often. Why don't they relish all the variety they have available in clothing? Changing your shoes changes your look. Put on a different wig length or color. Why don't they have fun with all that is theirs?
    If they don't want it, I'll take it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't know why, but have found myself more comfortable wearing female clothes. Maybe it's the fabric?

I have also come to wonder 'Why are clothes gendered?'. Why is it men can only wear these certain types of clothes that someone decided to be manly. Yet, many of the clothes we wear were once considered male or unisex. I'm now of the belief, in the 21st century, we should be allowed to wear whatever we are comfortable with.

I, just like the OP dress because I like the feel of the materials on my body. I do fortify my appearance with a well filled bra. It makes the clothes that come for my frame, fit better.
    As for the makeup, nails, and wigs, I do that because I like the look.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I have been dressing since I was a young teen. I would babysit for my parents friends and that in of itself presented ample opportunities. That 's not to say I wasn't curious before that. As others have said, my mother's and sister's wardrobe provided opportunities too. Now that I'm in my 60's and divorced for several years and living alone, dressing for me is above all a way to relieve stress. Don't get me wrong, I love the feel of every thing from bras and panties to long flowing gowns and high heels, but the calmness I slip into when I dress is indescribable.

For me, I started wearing my moms heels when I was 5. Little did I know Olivia was making her first appearance. I didn?t know til late in life that there are two parts of me. I need my Olivia time and look forward to whenever that can be!

I dress because it just feels right. I have never figured out why I do it. That doesn't matter. Same as why do you like women and not men? Why are you left handed not right handed? Its part of my personality, DNA, or whatever you think it to be. No one knows.

I dress because it just feels right. Love the curves I make, the tight feelof certain garments, the soft feel of other garments.
    Susann_Gardener

I dress because I feel natural, comfortable and complete when I am dressed up.

My why is simple. I enjoy the feeling I get while wearing any of it. The softness of the material on my skin give me goosebumps at times. Also the simple fact that according to society I'm not supposed to be wearing it makes it that much more desirable for me. The taboo aspect is so very exciting and thrilling. And it doesn't have to be a sexual turn on either.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I simply feel more right, more natural, when I am dressed.

I just feel better about myself dressed as a woman rather than a man. It feels yummy.

Sue

I dress cause I enjoy the feeling of the fabric on my body. And it also helps me feel more relaxed and less stressed.

I am like Christina 89.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

If you like it, have the ability to do so, why not?

I love getting fully dolled up. I think for me it is the full makeup I do that really transforms me into a woman. Not just the clothes.

My love of beautiful/romantic lingerie, there is *nothing* like it. I can't describe the feeling of taking a hot bubble bath and slipping into beautiful lingerie at bedtime, best feeling in the world and is even better given I have someone to wear it for (boyfriend).