Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Women?s activities

Women?s activities

Well, we dressed up as a woman, once, twice, tenth, hundredth time.
    We are reasonably satisfied with our appearance.
    And what next?
    We gather our courage, show up in public, somehow manage to blend in, and head out to go shopping or to the theater or cinema.
    Euphoria! The innermost fantasies fulfilled.
    Well, what next?
    Next shopping, another dress, lipstick, earrings.
    And another shopping....
    And another...
    And again ...

Don't you get bored with this fun?

Maybe you have other ideas for women's activities, besides shopping?

Yes there is a danger there Betty! "More wants more".

You are in a special category, different from many if not most here. You are fortunate to have very female facial features, and judging from your resent accounts, you also have the ability to simply present in such a way that others take you for female. Most of us here do not have that, or at least we don't think we do, which then holds us back from even trying in fear of the possible immediate or resulting consequences.

For some people, taking on a challenge like a sport or a hobby, or learning a new language, is a test of themselves to see if they can do it. Then when they turn out to be a natural at it, they lose interest and look for another challenge.
    With CD'ing there are many sub-challenges involved such as makeup, hair styling, walking in heels, sitting, standing etc etc. Many of us enjoy the little victories in mastering some or several of those and we spend a lot of time practicing to get better. Some get it all together, some never do.
    Some of the sub-challenges are more difficult to master such as body language, showing confidence, and some just feel impossible to overcome such as voice, body size, adams apple and so on.

But for those who are able to just get to a natural female presentation, and who can muster the courage to go out in the real world and test it out, their challenge can become what to do next to keep getting that "high" from it they experienced the first time. What happens when the challenges others struggle so hard with just seem easy and maybe even trivial, then what?

Well ... I see a a few potential outcomes from that situation. You can keep enjoying the hunt for great outfits and keep making the rest of us envious of your outings. Or, just check the whole dressing thing off as "Been there done that" and look for another challenge. Or, accept that you are good at this, and you have the option to chose to just live as a woman.

- Suzie

That's what women do.
    I also do the housework, go out on our boat and enjoy sunning and swimming in one of my swimsuits, do occasional yardwork and lots of other things.
    What else did you have in mind for us ladies?
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Well I'm just viewing from my wife, they just never get bored of shopping. We will go for coffee 3 or 4 times a week to a patio cafe. Next door there is a women's store with women's cosmetic ideams, and she will go into that store ever time we go and come out with something. I believe I would probably be the same, just never have enough and just keep changing and looking and keep up with the fashions

I love shopping enfemme and never get tired of it. My wife hates shopping? Go figure. Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Grocery shopping has to be done, why not enfemme? I go early Sundays, when there is less a crowd. More time to chit-chat with cashiers about the weekend. Garage sale season is upon us. As a lady, it's fun to browse the clothing and jewelry. I have enough tools anyway. Craft fairs or a sewing class. Local historic tours, museums. Sit at the Library and just chill out with a magazine.

Just be yourself.
    Putting the 'Fun' back in dysfunctional.

Woman’s activities?
    Really?
    In case you live in a cave WOMAN can and do everything & they have clothing on.

Just be yourself and enjoy and you can also do it ALL.
    Last edited by Di; 05-21-2023 at 01:26 PM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Like, Di, I'm confused, Betty. If u r a trans and dress female all the time, u must feel u r a woman? So everything u do is what women do!

Unlike CD's like me. Who do not feel we r females and have no desire to present as female constantly. Most of my shopping is done for Sherry. But, I have zero interest in dressing to go shopping or to lunch at Wendy's!

I dress for special T friendly events and clubbing and bar socializing! Was out Friday nite at small bar with a live band that really rocked! Where Sherry met some trans and other new, friendly folks!

If u have never tried this, I strongly recommend going to similar venues near u dressed! Too much fun!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm at the point in my life where I just LIVE it with all its mundane events, as well as the surprises it throws at me once in a while, so I don't really reflect on my gender identity as I go through it. As to clothing, I no longer think of them as women's clothes, but rather as MY clothes.
    Life is too short to wear ugly panties!

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnaL View Post
    As to clothing, I no longer think of them as women's clothes, but rather as MY clothes.
    We have a winner!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Well, Betty. I hope you never ask this question in the company of a bunch of GG's - you may have to duck and cover. My son works with a 40 something year old, stunningly beautiful, female member of the Ironworkers union. She may hand someone their backside if they suggested "what are other activities besides shopping?".

Several of us do construction projects, change oil, tires, mow lawns, drive tractors, ride motorcycles, fly planes, race sail boats, have jobs, many with advanced degrees; there is no end to what GG's do and (as Di said) we all have clothes on while being a GG.

I will add that many of us do not like shopping (me included).
    Last edited by char GG; 05-21-2023 at 04:10 PM.

Just live your life and do all the necessary day-to-day things as a woman.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Thank you all for your ideas and hints.
    Suzie, you haven't seen me on a daily basis - just an ordinary aging, badly shaved guy. Since you write what you write, it means that I probably managed to disguise myself well.
    The exhaustion of my crossdresser bucket list is probably the result of a lack of reason and caution.
    I've recently learned my lesson and probably no more going out in public for a long time.
    Probably Cheryl's and Fiona suggestion - the role of a housewife will be good.
    The lesson I received was not the harshest but I still experienced 10 minutes of total stress, fortunately without further consequences.

LIFE, that's what's next.

Going out and living life. Pretty much whatever you want. I like to play pool. My best friend (GG), rides a Harley along with a couple of my other girlfriends.

Going out and making friends has nothing to do with passing. It has to do with you and who you are. If you don't have problems making friends normally you will not have any problems making friends when you're dressed.

Or you could just run around by yourself. I sometimes have more fun when I'm running around by myself than with my friends.

And then when we get too bored there's always a road trip. A close friend of mine Mr k was looking for a change of scenery so we took a trip to Palm springs. Had so much fun the following weekend we went to Long Beach. There we partied with his sister and her friends.. both places we had no trouble making new friends. So much so I have another trip planned to Palm springs for next month with my best friend.

There's also bowling my friend Mr k is an excellent bowler. So I ordered a pair of pink bowling shoes and pink bowling ball. We've been a few times.

So go out and enjoy life, love Jean

I've been out shopping a number of times, always with a goal in mind. I have a male driven notion of hunting, not so much shopping. Consequently, shopping is tough on my budget. What inspires me to get out is to meet up with CD friends I have made. In their company I can 'shop.'
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Let's not call them "women's activities", shall we? Let's just say things to do while dressed.

I've been to 4 plays, 5 concerts, flown three times, gone out with my GG friends (including a day out today with my friend Michelle), restaurants, bars (only my favorite bar closed recently), walks, a Cardinals game, train travel, sightseeing, etc. The only limit is your imagination.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I am with Di, Char, Shawna and others; women do what men do plus what women do and pretty much everything else. There are a few things women do that men don't generally do and the other way around is also valid. I hate to bring this up, but it would probably be best to not bring up stereotypical behaviors as those are nothing but distortions of the facts to fit a particular point of view that is generalized. We are all individuals and even though there are necessary and natural distinctions between males and females, for the most part men and women are more alike than different when one adds the fine scale features.

I get what you mean.

Yes, unfortunately, that's been a lot of it. Also, I've always loved the salon. I could easily spend the day. This hair salon, that nail salon, brows at another. Depending on what you have done, that's about a day. I always did facials in male mode because you obviously can't wear makeup when you're getting a facial, although male mode used to be a lot different than it is now. It was still pampering that I more or less considered girl time.

Although it's gotten pretty repetitive after 50 years and sometimes I've gotten bored with it, a day or a weekend always went by too quickly. I didn't always follow the exact same schedule, but taking a typical Saturday at a hotel. By the time I got showered and shaved it'd be around 9:00. I'd spend 45 minutes on my hair, even if I was going to get it done. By the time I figured out what I was going to wear and did my makeup, I wouldn't get out the door before noon. I usually skipped lunch (and I never ate breakfast). I almost always got my hair done. If I was doing it all, that mean color with foil highlights followed by a roller set. I don't think I ever timed it, but that's more than 2 hours just on hair. Next I'd do the nail salon, and the fastest mani-pedi is 45 minutes, usually more like an hour. Travel time and a even a short wait and you've killed another couple of hours. Off to the brow salon. Waxing or threading only takes 15 minutes. Add in tinting and you'll spend an hour or so there. Before I've done any shopping it's almost dinner time, but I prefer to put off dinner to as late as possible. By this time I often felt like I needed to go back to my room to shave and redo my makeup. Even if I didn't do that, I'd be ready to go to my room for a bathroom break and freshen up and change clothes. Only after all that would I be in shopping mode. If things went perfectly, I'd shop till the stores were getting ready to close and find someplace for dinner at about 9:00. I'd finish dinner at around 10:00 and head back to the hotel. If I was staying at a hotel with a bar or restaurant, about half the time I'd get a drink before heading to my room. I was almost always back to my room by 11:00.

This was only about 1 weekend a month. Most of my girl time wasn't so all-consuming, and a lot of that was kind of what you're talking about. Get dressed at home, run to a couple places, then right back home. There were times (still are) when I wondered where else I could go just to get another hour out. I never had a really good answer for that. I've spent some time in downtown office areas trying to look like I had someplace to go, or trying to find some creative way to waste time without looking like it. Although it can feel contrived, I loved even the most mundane.

In my most recent "trying to get back into it" mode, I've spent A LOT of time out, mostly on extended business trips. I'm getting better, but I'm usually still coming home wondering if it's worth it. I guess the answer is yes, because I keep doing it, but it's not what it used to be. More on that in another thread (maybe). I can't blame all that on it getting boring. I've just got to adjust to a different phase of life.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    As I no longer venture out much at all. I get on with the house work and enjoy computer games and chatting here when dressed. But mostly I dance. I love dancing always have always will. It's warm today though. Better watch those arm pits.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    So interesting that many of us share our experiences on here that are not shopping focused and still folks (in which are bored with shopping outings) cannot come up with doing other activities that are not shopping based or what were considered to be “women activities” back 60 years ago!
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 05-22-2023 at 03:39 PM.

Platinum Member
    I stood back from this one to see how it played out. Given my age, I suppose I would be expected to see womens activities as Ladies Aid, quilting, and general household stuff. But as I grew up, married and worked in a variety of jobs I realized that childhood perspective was only what I noticed of womens lives, rather a narrow and selective view it was. Granted, women of my parents generation were usually spared barn cleaning duties, but got involved in pretty much every other aspect of farming, while still (in those days) being expected to clean the house, do the laundry, prepare and serve fore and afternoon lunchs, midday and supper. This did not leave much time or energy for other activities.

My two wives (in series, not at the same times) worked outside the home, cared for the kids, and so on, and although I helped as much as I thought possible, their days were full and exhausting too.

There was a brief interval, basically while we were dating and pre-kids, when there were more nights out either as couples or her with the girls, but looking back those were pretty rare events as well. Not much clubbing and only as much shopping as our tight budgets would bear.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 05-22-2023 at 05:28 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

For clarification, I don't at all consider the things I do while dressed to be the length and breadth of the things women are capable of, or of the things they do on a daily basis. It's just the things I do. Things were I'll have minimal encounters with males, things that I can do anonymously and alone, things where I'm not in any danger. In general, things where I can safely kill time and be out, control the amount of interaction, not sweat too much or have to speak too much.
    Last edited by Rhonda Jean; 05-22-2023 at 04:52 PM. Reason: terminology

It strikes me that what this thread is really about is what men can't do or are afraid to do.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Touche', April! More than a little truth in that.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

April, you hit the spot.
    It is known that women today are liberated and can do whatever they like.
    They can paint their nails or lift weights at the gym,
    try on a colorful dress or chop wood, etc.
    And men? Chop wood as much as possible, lift weights at the gym - too.
    But the alternatives listed? Well, rather not.
    When you dress up as a woman you get a pass to another world.
    How do you use it?
    Almost everyone on the forum writes about shopping, the braver ones a hairdresser or a beautician.
    Other ideas are lacking?