Thread: Envious

Envious

Yesterday as I was getting in line to checkout at a big box home improvement store a lady wearing a short sundress with heeled sandals was in front of me she had all the right accessories polished toe nails beautiful long hair she looked fantastic. I immediately noticed from behind her smooth legs were muscular and being a crossdresser myself I just knew she was one of us. I was totally envious and politely said excuse me but I just have to tell you I love your outfit she smiled and thanked me for the compliment after she finished checking out she thanked me again and was on her way. I know some do not agree with making contact but I always enjoy the compliments myself. Also I hope she is part of this forum and reads this she represents us well!

I always wondered how many of us handle compliments and handle being complimented in public. There are many times where I?ll notice a woman?s nails or shoes or something and would love to say how much I love them and ask there they got them etc without looking odd or creepy.

Jill - I know some will disagree but I would love the opportunity to pay a compliment to and have a chat with a sister CD. Of course it all depends on where you are and what the situation is. Some locations and situations are not appropriate for doing it. And like you I enjoy compliments.

Kimmy - I've complimented woman on various things like their hair, their sense of style, dresses, shoes and it has always gone well. I even told one woman that she could have been Jill Biden's twin sister, the resemblance was remarkable. And then I said "And Jill Biden is beautiful". She loved it and put her hand on my arm and said thank you. I love mingling with GG woman, a large percentage of them are much more open to the trans lifestyle versus men who are much less open to it.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't go out to vanilla venues dressed because that's pointless for me.

But, I have seen what appeared to be other dressers when out. I don't approach them because I don't know what to say?

"Your dress is pretty." They'll think the old man is coming on to them!

"U look good. I dress, too." A female would be intitled to rip my head off!

I don't dress to these vanilla venues because I just want to be left alone. Not be center of attention. So, I assume other dressers feel the same?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I believe it was a great way to communicate with a compliment. A few years back I was in line at a coffee shop and I also was admiring the women in front of me and eventually I started to see more details. Musclure legs and a flat rear and she turned around and I realized it was a sister. I wanted so bad to shout out something to her to applaud her courage but I just didn't know what to say and once she left I felt this feeling of disappointment that I didn't say something like a compliment. And then again maybe it was better I just said nothing but it seems like the sister you seen appreciated the compliment

I think what you said was fine. Who here would not like a compliment when out and about.
    Crissy

I think you did it the proper way and she took it the way it was meant.
    When I first started going out dressed I got several complements, but they were from GGs.
    But that was in 2008 so 15 years ago.

I agree with Tag.

While it seems to me that the LAST thing she would want it to be talked to in a way that says "I know your secret and you didn't pass,"
    I can imagine that she would absolutely love to be complimented as a lady who's looking nice.

At least I know I would.

Platinum Member
    You offered a polite compliment and she received it graciously. All is good.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't have a problem with compliments per se. I wouldn't give them to someone who I did not know.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Nothing wrong with giving complements to someone unless there is an agenda attached. However, a lot of people are not accustomed to that happening because it is pretty uncommon. It should not be uncommon as positive interchange makes social connections stronger, something this world needs a lot more of. Perhaps she was trans in which case it can be even more appreciated. A sign of strong empathy in yourself which is a primary trait and characteristic of female-like behavior and thinking on your part. A step toward universal acceptance of diversity.

Banned Read only
    Could be she was trans or a cross dresser or a GG with muscular legs from cycling. Either way I think she would have be appreciative of a genuine compliment. One does not get all beautiful, especially going to a big box hardware store, not to be noticed. The other day I had about an hour to kill waiting for a prescription to be filled at my local Costco. I bought a slice of pizza and sat at a table just outside the exit of the store. One, just one woman was wearing a sun dress. Disappointment.

Platinum Member
    I think that you just made the Lady's Day,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossKimmy View Post
    I always wondered how many of us handle compliments and handle being complimented in public. There are many times where I?ll notice a woman?s nails or shoes or something and would love to say how much I love them and ask there they got them etc without looking odd or creepy.
    In late March I flew pretty to Raleigh/Durham and I got two compliments on my booties, two on my patterned tights, and while waiting for my friends to pick me up at the curd, a lady walked up to me and said "you look very nice." The next day the receptionist at our lunch restaurant said she liked my dress. I am quick to say "thank you" and let them know I heard and appreciated the compliment.

Yes, my voice doesn't match my clothing, but my assumption is they knew I was trans to begin with
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Thanks for the comments girls. To be clear I was confident she was a crossdresser or trans. I made sure to compliment and back off I did not want to give off a creep vibe but I just could not resist contact since she was wearing my favorite outfit.

Now you added more context, she (CD/Trans) enjoyed the compliment. Now if a GG, I'd be like, boarder line, out of line.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

The only times I've offered a compliment to a person I don't know is when I've mentioned to a couple sales associates (at different times) that I really liked their fingernail polish. In today's litigious society, I prefer not to be sued for being a sexual pervert. And trust me, complimenting a woman (X or Y chromosome variety) on her clothing can be seen as a sexual advance. If you're still in the workforce, I believe your HR department will confirm this.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I regularly complement GGs, but I'm careful to make it about something they've done and not something they are. I've told a lot of GGs that I loved their jewelry, their nail polish, their makeup, their lipstick, the colors of their dress, their shoes, etc. I've always gotten a very favorable response, typically, something like, "Thank you." I've often (where appropriate) asked them where they got it, as If I wanted to get it for my wife.

I gave a complement to the receptionist at my doctor's office just yesterday. She had done her eyes with very long "wings". I told her "I loved the way she did her eyes". She thanked me.

Another time, I complemented a GG on the subway about her braids. I said something like I really love your braids. She thanked me. Then she said, "You made my morning. If fact, you made my whole day." We parted with smiles.

Another time, a waitress at a bar had the most unusual nails. I told her that I loved her nails. I asked her where she got them done. She said, "I did them myself. It got too expensive to keep getting them done so I learned how to do it myself. I said that she should make a you-tube video about how she did it.

Another time. I was going up in the elevator with a GG whose perfume made me go weak in the knees. I told her that I loved her perfume. She told me what is was and who made it. She practically spelled it out because it was Japanese perfume. Eventually, I got a small bottle for myself.

I have many other examples.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.