Thread: I went to audition

I went to audition

I decided with the little push from this community and my wife to go try out for that band I wrote about that wear wedding and bridesmaids dresses as part of there performance. It was mostly I didn't want down the line WHAT IF and maybe miss a chance to play dressed fem. When I meet them at one of the parents beautiful house and when they greeted me they were just stairing at me and I asked them what's wrong. They told me when they heard a sixty year old was coming they thought a guy with grey hair and looking older, they told me I look very young for my age. Well that was a great start with an amazing compliment. I don't know if anyone here is familiar with the band Tool, Slipknot, Slayer, Lamb of God. Well that's the music they were into, very heavy metal. We screwed around for about an hour and then they asked me if I was willing to commit by a few practices a week and they are booked next weekend at a after hour clubs starting at 1am in the morning and if I was OK wearing a dress on top of my clothes. Wow I told them IM usually in bed by 10pm every night and that brought on some laughter. They showed me some videos of there performances and it wasn't like they were dressed in dresses and looking like women, they just wear the dresses over there regular cloths and mostly look like men with a dress. It wasn't like they were wearing pantyhose or trying to actually look like a bride. I guess that's why they were called ugly brides. I was flattered they asked me to join and apologized if I wasted there time but they were very young and lots of energy and it was a lot of commitment. But I will not lie, if I seen that they dressed like women with wigs, jewelry and hoisiey I believe I would have tried it. Well I feel satisfied that I tried and hopefully one day I could get the feeling of playing dressed.

That is so awesome, Maria! Too bad it didn’t work out! I don?t think I could stay awake after 1am! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Bummer, you could ask if they had considered upping their game. Actually dress in dresses and hose without regular clothes and for the ugly part, add some kiss style makeup. Bet they never considered it. Perhaps could be sold as a way to really stand out more and perhaps get more gigs for the show. It's music AND showmanship. Many musicians only think of the music and not the show.

Ask them to think of the possibilities
    -- colorful veils or colorful wigs, each different
    -- fan contest for $50 or $100 for best ugly makeup; or up on stage with them for a number
    -- each of them wearing different colored hose
    -- search known rock/grunge/metal groups for ideas
    -- scarves on instruments
    -- not to mention jewelry

Don't ask, will never know...
    Last edited by Aka_Donna; 05-27-2023 at 09:27 AM.

Well done putting yourself out there - sounds like they appreciated your talent

Glad to hear you at least gave it a try Maria.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Maria, That is a wonderful story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Maria

If you got nothing else out of it you proved you can wield a mean axe or they wouldn't very asked you to play.

And yes, its good you weren't left with the "if only" in years to come.

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria , They sound like a bunch of Night Owls,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I wonder what would happen if you showed up at one of their performances, dressed, and offered to sit in as a "one-time special guest"? Fun time thinking about, anyway.
    Last edited by Lisa Gerrie; 05-28-2023 at 09:43 AM.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."