Thread: Shopping and lunch with GG friend: unexpected twofer

Shopping and lunch with GG friend: unexpected twofer

TL;DR: Two days in a row I had shopping trips and lunch with two different GG friends, and both days then went out for drinks with my wife, all dressed.

Two days ago I posted about going shopping and having lunch with my (very) local GG friend, and what a great time that was. That evening, a different GG friend of ours texted that she was in town from NYC, and did we want to get together on Friday. My wife was invited, but had other plans, so I said I'd come to the place she was staying (she had a house to herself that belonged to a client) and we'd take it from there. I was not out to her as a crossdresser.

That morning, I texted her "weird question: would you mind if I showed up crossdressed?". She replied "Go for it!". I was not worried that she would be negative, but I didn't want to just show up dressed. So, I wore a bright red blouse with a floral print and blue capris, with leather sandals (2" heel) and gold jewelry. She couldn't have been more supportive. Of course, we've been friends for 25 years or more.

After hanging around the place she was staying, chatting, catching up, and having a nice cup of tea like any two women friends might, we went to lunch at a local Chinese restaurant where I have gone several times dressed before. I had been there a lot in drab, because my old job was nearby, but the nice ladies in the restaurant never treated me any different. The GG friend used to live in our area, and was a fan of the restaurant. She also wanted to go to the thrift store that I often go to, so for the second day in a row, I took a GG friend to my favorite thrift store and had a ladies' lunch out.

She asked many good questions about my crossdressing, and started out asking whether I had a femme name and preferred pronouns when dressed. She also asked whether I was trans, which was a fair question, but the answer was no. The last thing she said to me when I dropped her off was "You're beautiful". It was a very good visit as well, although I was sad because she's had a very tough year in her personal life.

In another repeat of the previous day, When my wife got home I was still dressed -- naturally. This was around 4:30. I asked if she wanted to go out for a cocktail, and she replied "Let's go to [BAR]", which is the very place I was going to suggest.

To say I was thrilled with those two days would be an understatement. As usual, I told my wife how grateful I was for her support. The first day, while we were in the lounge with our cocktails, she said "I don't even think about you being dressed 'differently' -- you're just you dressed in *your* clothes".

Very nice post - great wife and great friends

Like Bridget said. Glad for you. And I checked your profile picture, and it looks very natural, so I agree with your wife, they are your clothes.
    "So, I'm a crossdresser. Mmh. What's that thing, again?"

Considering telling your SO? Read this fine manual first: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?13841-How-to-tell-your-partner

Joan, Good for you. Another great story of acceptance.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It sounds to me as though you are living the dream. To be so well accepted is as good as it gets.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Platinum Member
    Life could not be better!