Thread: Another road trip

Another road trip

I had to visit my mother in SC for a life event, and I made the drive each way dressed as Nancy, changing into femme a few miles after leaving and back to drab a few miles from my destination. Both trips were pleasant, and my confidence has improved even more. On the return today, I was gratified to hear a SC Starbucks barista address me as "Miss Nancy", and a gentleman held the door for me at my fuel stop this afternoon. The best part of the day, though, was visiting the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts this afternoon. I've long wanted to go to a museum dressed as Nancy, and I felt very confident the entire time -- even when I turned from reading the notes about one painting and my eyes met those of an apparently cisgender woman who seemed to be studying me. I smiled at her, and she smiled at me, and we moved on to other works of art.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Nancy:

Congrats on your trip.

I've found that visiting a museum is usually one of the easiest and friendliest venues you can readily access. I've visited the National Gallery of Art and several of the Smithsonian Museums in DC with no concerns at all. No food court issues; no museum shop issues; and no restroom issues.

I urge others to consider this as an easy way to venture out and mingle with little to no risk - far less than the shopping mall, or late night strolls in parks or dark neighborhoods. I also agree that a road trip is a great confidence builder.

Best, Rhonda

Sounds like a nice trip. Confidence is the biggest part of the battle.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

nancy I hope all is well with your mother and I will pray for the best outcome for her. Glad to hear that you were able drive the majority of the trip en femme and had a good experience at the museum.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Nancy, I'm glad you were able to travel en femme. I hope everything is good with your family.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Nice road trip Nancy, glad you found that part of the trip so enjoyable.

I can totally relate to your mode of travel.

Emily

Platinum Member
    Sounds like an enjoyable road trip!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Nancy , Sounds loke you had a Great Trip,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Nancy, I know the Museum you were at and agree that is a good venue for going dressed.
    Crissy