Thread: Wearing shorts and pantyhose in guy mode

Wearing shorts and pantyhose in guy mode

Background:
    In 2012, I created a blog. I documented my life story about crossdressing there. I copied from crossdressers.com all of my stories of outings that I had shared here. After I had depleted my old experiences, I only wrote about my new crossdressing outings on my blog and seldom wrote about them here. So, I've been away. Hey everyone!

Recently, I started reading my old blog posts. When I first started dressing in public, I only owned pantyhose. I lived with my parents, and hosiery was the only thing I could easily hide in my room. My first crossdressed outings into the world was as a man wearing pantyhose with his guy shorts. Later, I bought some androgynous ladies shorts and shoes, etc. and would wear an all womenswear version of the same outfit. It was such a scary, yet delightful time. I had many outings where I stepped farther out into the public while wearing nothing but womenswear out in public. Eventually, I became brave enough to wear dark pantyhose with shorts as a man.

The Outing:
    Reading about my old experiences inspired me to have another shorts and pantyhose outing.

I wore black ladies shorts, black flats, a white top with orange stripes, and nude pantyhose. I went to an anchor store in the mall. I was careful to make sure no one I knew was in sight. I walked down the main aisles. I did not hide like I used to. I paid attention and no one made glances at my feet or legs. No one. I went to the pantyhose section. This store only had three brands. I was considering trying Hue brand pantyhose. I decided to go find the flamboyant employee over in the nearby purse section and ask for help.

She gladly came with me to help me. I led her to the hosiery and asked her what was the difference between two variety of Hue pantyhose. She admitted that she did not know. She said, "Cindy can help us." She and I started walking into a nearby section. She called out, loudly, "Cindy! Can you come help us?" She asked me my name. "Joey, here, needs some help with something." I thought for sure she was going to end that sentence with "pantyhose" after yelling my name. Cindy approached , I asked her the same questions. She had the brilliant idea to read the packages. She did not know either. Cindy left us.

I decided to purchase one of each. The flamboyant lady walked me back to the register and checked me out. I asked her to take my picture. She did. She wanted to see the result.

After all of that, I asked her, did you notice that I was wearing pantyhose? She said, "No! ... They look GOOOOOD on you." Then she reached down with one finger and stroked the side of my calf twice. "They look good on your legs!" I asked her, "Did you have any idea that I was shopping for myself." Again, no. I said, "OK, I just wanted to test how obvious I was being." We spoke only a few more sentences and I went on my way.

Feeling brave, I ventured out into the mall area. I was going to turn around, but since no one was looking down at my lower half when they glanced my way, I took my invisibility farther into the mall. I went into another anchor store and bought myself a men's belt. I walked back to the first store on the bottom floor of the mall. I shopped around on both floors of the anchor store, but I did not buy anything else.

Ice Cream Parlor:
    Afterward, I changed into a knee-length black skirt and went to the ice cream parlor that I often go to while crossdressed and even when I am in menswear. The manager politely greeted me like normal. This place was busier than normal. There were four tables occupied with 2-4 people each. I sat inside the restaurant and ate. I only saw one person notice that I was a guy wearing a skirt. He seemed to disapprove. He did not notice me until I was finding a place to sit down. I sat and saw him tell his wife that I was wearing a skirt. She responded, "A what?" He had to raise his voice more and I heard him, "A skirt." (They were in their early 70's.) She took a micro glance in my direction, saw me looking their way, and she looked away. I never saw her look my way again. I saw him look a few times.

When I was finished, I had to go to the trash can that was beside the woman. When I was near, she looked to see who was there. I said, "Hey" and nodded politely, as is common here. I did not watch to see what else she looked at as I turned and left.

Conclusions:
    When I first started crossdressing in pantyhose and shorts with all men clothes, occasionally, people would glance at my legs and then giggle, or tell their friends, etc. (In later years, they also did that when I wore a skirt. Those reactions stopped around the time gay marriage was legalized in the US. People stopped seeing it as significant, I guess.)

When I first started crossdressing in public in ladies shoes and pantyhose with shorts, it seemed like a LOT of people would look at me and then look down at my legs or shoes. For some reason, it seemed rather noticeable.

Later, when I became brave enough to wear darker shades of pantyhose, people would make very obvious glances at my legs. The obvious pantyhose got very different reactions than the nude pantyhose.

Teenagers were the ones who saw my legs the most when I was in menswear. I conclude that my pantyhose then, Leggs Sheer Energy Active Support, were more obvious than today's pantyhose. I do not think that my ladies' shoes are more obvious now than they were then, but I conclude that my shoes were what people were looking at, and not my legs necessarily years ago. In yesterday's outing, no one ever looked at my outfit or shoes that I could see. Today, I wore Leggs Sheer Energy in medium support. I feel like these are more obvious than other hose I own, but apparently not.

Anyhow, it was fun to go out like I used to. I never present female when I crossdress. I have grown so much braver than I used to be. Also, people do not care how I am dressed as much as they used to.

Thank you everyone. I may add a picture later, after I edit it to remove my face, etc.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

It is kind of funny because you sound like me back in the 90s. I loved the way my legs looked when shaved and suntanned or with pantyhose and short shorts especially. I loved both the look and the feel. When I asked people working the counters of places like your ice cream store if they noticed I was wearing hose, most said no but when they actually looked, a number complemented me for having nice looking legs.

Unfortunately my wife hated it and it caused a LOT of friction between us so I do not wear hose in front of her any more. I think the shorts and pantyhose are what led me into full blown crossdressing. Once I added some heels, I was hooked.

Sandi

I wear shorts and off-black pantyhose quite often with women's 2 inch heel sandals and fire engine red toenails. I get a lot of compliments on the look. It is best to wear dark color pantyhose so people notice. I also don't wear extremely short shorts because I don't want to look like a hoochie mama.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

It appears that you were spending a bit of time checking out people, to make sure they were or weren't checking you out. Obviously, you can't help what people are looking at.

The only thing you can do is not care if they are looking at you. If you want to go out in shorts and pantyhose, own it. Don't worry about what other people think.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice post, Jjjjjo! I don't dress like u, I go all the way or not at all! Full fem means D forms, low cut top, and hi heels.

However, your concerns about other's looks, comments, and thots ring true for me! Which is why I don't go out to Vanilla venues dressed anymore.

Because when I'm out shopping or grabbing an ice cream I don't wish to beome a spectacle. Either good or bad. And, I find all of that distracts me from the purposes I went out for.

I prefer to go out as the little old man who no one notices. Who can stare at others, especially women, to see how they're dressed without anyone caring!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I like the look of pantyhose and shorts, but they have to be short shorts. Part of that is I think men's shorts that go to the knees look stupid anyway (I'm a child of the 70's and 80's when shorts were called shorts for a reason) and they're definitely not as comfy as shorts that are actually short. BUT my wife thinks hose with shorts look stupid on anyone, so I don't do that in front of her. Early morning before she gets up, however, anything goes!

Quote Originally Posted by char GG View Post
    The only thing you can do is not care if they are looking at you. If you want to go out in shorts and pantyhose, own it. Don't worry about what other people think.
    Char, I love your take on this. Such empowering words of inspiration and encouragement. I wish this world was inhabited by more people like yourself with such a positive live-and-let-live attitude.

I ventured out once wearing pantyhose under my shorts but I was terrified. I wore a pair of sheer compression nude hose that were fairly discreet but, if noticed, could still provide me with a readymade excuse that I required them for medicinal purposes.

Your post helps give me the future courage to further explore my fondness for wearing pantyhose with the hope that other individuals are as kind as yourself. And if they are not, I hope that - in your words - I can just own it.

Great Post. I too wore matte tights with mid to lower thigh length shorts to lunch in guy mode. It was an amazing wonderful feeling. No one seemed to notice yet I didn't really look around. Just owned it. Going off antique shopping and am thinking of doing the same type of dressing.

Johanne, I love your blog and you?ve been an inspiration.

I finally created my blog post about this outing. It is largely a copy of the text from above. The blog post has pictures. Thank you MindeeGurl for your kind words!
    http://joeypress.wordpress.com
    Last edited by jjjjohanne; 06-03-2023 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Added the odor-eliminating power of activated charcoal!

I love your blog too, and it too is an inspiration. I'll never be able to successfully pass as a woman unless it's a case where the observer is partially blind and standing a football field away So, going out as a guy dressed as a woman is my best option. You're paving the way!

I found you blog at about the same time I found cd.com. I?m one of the guys that presents male while wearing womens clothing. Your style is more conservative than mine as I wear more casual items and have a somewhat more bohemian style in general.

Reading about your outings is inspiring even though I don?t get out dressed other than to my therapist sessions. I?m actually waiting in my car waiting for time to go into a session right now wearing a tshirt dress and some unisex Vans slip ons.

I?m not sure if I?ll ever be more public than this. It would not go over well with my wife. And I?ve often wondered how your wife responds to your outings and your blog.

My wife does not want me to be a crossdresser.
    She does not want me to be found out by our acquaintances nor our kids.
    When I have an outing, she will ask me about it to find out what I did. She is not interested in my experiences, I think. She is interested in how much risk I am taking on. She seems like she is holding her breath while I tell her about my outing.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Most of my CD'ing is in guy-mode.

Then again, it's also been confirmed that I've been mistaken as a GG from time to time, as well.

I do the shorts-with-tights/hose thing a fair amount. Easier than a skirt/dress during the day, anyway.

And dressing in guy-mode can definitely be a different type of challenge -- not to mention opening up a whole new can of worms!

I learned to stop caring so much. In doing so, I found that plenty of people don't really care how you're presenting, either.

I mean, as long as you look decent, and act decent? That's all many of them are concerned about.

But yeah, interacting with people as a natal male dressed entirely in women's clothing? Perhaps even looking good doing it??

Yep, it's a trip, alright!

P.S. Always enjoying reading others' similar journeys... Will have to read more of the blog!

Ellbee,

Congratulations on your presentation as a feminine male!! I am very much like yourself in I am always wearing a femme hairstyle, women's purse (I have a collection), women's open toe sandals, fire engine red professional pedicure, women's pants or a skirt. If you are confident, people treat you with respect and women tend to accept you as one of them. At work I sometimes go to the nail salon across the street during lunch a girl that I work with. Women tend to accept you as one of them.

Nice to meet you. From your avatar I see that you are a very beautiful lady.

Jamie
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

That look was great back in the 60's when Hot Pants were all the rage.
    I remember my girlfriend at the time wore them and also those Go-Go boots.
    I personally don't like stockings with shorts. Shorts to me are a warm weather item and I prefer them with smooth, tanned legs.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    My wife does not want me to be a crossdresser.
    She does not want me to be found out by our acquaintances nor our kids.
    When I have an outing, she will ask me about it to find out what I did. She is not interested in my experiences, I think. She is interested in how much risk I am taking on. She seems like she is holding her breath while I tell her about my outing.
    I appreciate the answer and I'd wish she were more appreciative of who you are. I'm still wondering if she has read your blog and what she thinks of your thorough descriptions.

I also read Char's comment on your post about not worrying about what others think. She's not wrong, but I find myself observing other people's reactions the few times i'm out and I find those observations to be informative. Not all the reactions that I've observed have been positive, but I find that MY reaction to them is as informative as their reaction to me. I've found that my view of myself changes less with other's negativity than I'd have expected.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    That look was great back in the 60's when Hot Pants were all the rage.
    Eh, I personally recall, anyway, the GG's doing that during like the mid-'80s thru early '90s. They always looked good, IMO.

I don't think the look ever really dies out, either, as long as one makes it work for themselves.

I'm wearing that today, as a matter of fact!

Cuffed short-shorts, freshly-shaved legs hugged by nude hose, ballet flats, pullover hoodie (complete with thumb-hole thingies! ).

All from the women's dept -- in guy-mode, of course. Though arguably, I do kinda look like a chick.

The weather is right for it. The vibe is right for it.

Cute, comfy, a bit casual & a bit dressy.

A definitely-doable way to show off some nice legs if you got 'em... Yet probably more "socially acceptable" than wearing a skirt/dress, at least to some?

I dunno. I feel it's pretty easy. I don't mind interacting with my neighbors like this, and they don't seem to have an issue with it, either.

Plus I've been told by my GG-neighbor bestie that my outfits are totally fine & within the norm (for a GG, that is! ).

Honestly, though? After sunset, I think a skirt or dress may very well be making an appearance!

Hello to one and all,

This past Thursday I attended a local munch. I wore a men's black dress shirt, dark grey shorts with matte nylon tights. I also wore grey ankle socks with tennies. I mingled, I chatted, I walked around. No one there seemed to notice. After the event I sent a few messages to friends asking and they didn't notice either. Stated I just looked nicely dressed. Course they are all in this alternative lifestyle group so I wasn't expecting anything negative or even positive. I was just very comfortable.

My wife said I looked normal with wearing them. Not sticking out or looking out of place. So on our next shopping trip, I will wear my bold munchie outfit and see what adventures lie ahead.

What is a munch? Is it a typo of the word lunch?

Hello. It's a munch. I am on another site (Fetlife), and it's like a Facebook structure with groups. A local group I am part of plans events. Discussions, parties, and places to get together and eat called a munch. They are a great way to meet and greet do some mingling.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    The comments regarding shorts and pantyhose brings back many memories. In the day almost all of my fem clothes was lingerie. As an avid under-dresser, I looked for ways to express myself and show bits of lace, for anything fem while enjoying my day. Shorts and pantyhose was one of my favourite ways of showing something. Then I bought my first skirt, things changed quickly, and shorts fell by the wayside. Skirts have overtaken, and lead me forward in leaps and bounds. I love wearing skirts and hosiery, I could care less about going any farther than that
    Last edited by Gillian Gigs; 06-18-2023 at 07:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Quote Originally Posted by CDMargret View Post
    Hello. It's a munch. I am on another site (Fetlife), and it's like a Facebook structure with groups. A local group I am part of plans events. Discussions, parties, and places to get together and eat called a munch. They are a great way to meet and greet do some mingling.
    Thank you for the education. Jamie