Thread: Update to "Strange conversation"

Update to "Strange conversation"

Not knowing how many of the ladies here revisit threads, I thought I should start a new thread for this. The "Strange conversation" thread I started has an update I posted a little while ago addressing a conversation my wife and I had tonight. After that, I shared something with her that brought a very nice chuckle. I hope all of you get a chuckle from this, too.

Yesterday I posted on FB a memory from 2 years ago. It was a picture taken by my (then) 47 year old son. I was holding a bottle of Bud Light as we were enjoying a beer together. He commented at the time that he believes that was the first beer he ever saw me drink. Anyway, when reposting this memory, I wrote "I'm so glad this picture is 2 years old as I don't need any backlash for drinking a Bud Light in today's vicious culture."

We have a 23 year old great nephew that graduated university last spring (majored in one of the cinematography disciplines) and moved to New York City. Here is his comment in full to my post.
    "Don?t let anyone give you any guff for enjoying the substandard beer of your choice. People should be allowed to be whoever they want to be and live however they want to live and sometimes that means having a Bud Light whether it?s in a sports bar, at a drag show or at a sports drag show where the queens are wearing jerseys. Whatever floats your boat!"

HUH??? I asked my wife if he really knows I cross dress. Of course he doesn't; but, we both chuckled over his comment.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    We quit drinking that fizzy water called Coors before Coors Lite was even invented!

Pointless and tastless! It must have been invented for under age girls? I can't imagine what kind of he-men drink that?
    They mite as well drink Nearbeer!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Pretty funny for sure.
    Crissy

Heather. I read your other thread, too, and I believe you're doing great work on your relationship with your wife. Congratulations!

That is interesting and humorous. It is hard to believe that people get so bent out of shape over something like what brand of beer a person drinks. Drink what you like. Personally I very rarely drink beer, but I do drink a fair amount of really good wine and sometimes not so good wine.

The 23 year old great nephew has it right and that attitude that seems to be pretty common in that age group. It is the older ones that seem to be the main problem with nastiness along with bait and attack tactics. Such vitriol is pointless and just makes enemies.

Thanks for the update. Looks like things are going moderately well.

Platinum Member
    Some 50 years ago, people from the upper midwest made road trips to Denver for supplies of Coors. When I finally had the opportunity to taste one, I was greatly disappointed. But then that is my opinion of American mass markeres beer in general.

I am not boycotting any light beer for absurd political reasons. I just think these brands, to quote William Least Heat Moon, taste like they were wrong out of a bar rag and strained through a horse.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Heather, My nieces and nephews and their kids grow up much more accepting than my generation. I will correct you in that I don't believe that the culture is vicious. I believe a small vocal extreme group is being vicious to make a point that the culture has left them and their small minds behind and they are upset.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".