Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restroom incident last night.

Good point Brenda though it is still Mississippi. We are not talking where you are from or the northeast or California etc. The south is still very redneck and our safety is more important than making a statement.
    Crissy

The bottom line for anyone who goes into a restroom is that they should use it for one of the purposes it was designed for. If a man went into the men's room to pick a fight with another man, that would be inappropriate in the same way as a man going into the men's room to solicit sex with another male. (It's simply a matter of degree.) If a fight were to erupt in that situation, what the owner of the establishment should do is to kick out the man who picked the fight. I don't see any reason that the rules should be any different for women.

I think the thing to do is to carry on as before and to keep your cool as you did. If you have a female friend -- maybe even one of the female bartenders -- get her to accompany you when you need to go in if this woman is present, so that you have a witness that you didn't engage in any inappropriate behavior. Or maybe tie a bow on your private bits; if the cops arrive on a call of indecent exposure, you can ask the cops to query her about whether there was anything unusual about what she allegedly saw, then prove her wrong. But I really believe having a witness is your best defense.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Another potential issue is that the woman could say that you attempted to assault her in the restroom. In that case, it is her word against your word and you will be going to jail for many years. It is not worth it. I would not ever go back there.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    You are just going to the rest room. Every one does it. So one person does not appreciate that you present as women at those facilities. Clearly she is a regular as you are. If possible talk to her again and befriend her. If not ignore her for now and take it as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Another potential issue is that the woman could say that you attempted to assault her in the restroom. In that case, it is her word against your word and you will be going to jail for many years. It is not worth it. I would not ever go back there.
    It's pretty weird, that we have to think about going to the restroom in pairs to avoid being attacked by cis women.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Yes, I believe that it is necessary especially with all of the hate propaganda regarding trans folks from politicians and the media. We are being demonized and are like the communists of the 1950's. All it takes is a GG to say that you touched them in the bathroom and your life is over. It is very say. We are living in the 21 century and things should be getting better, but unfortunately the media propaganda and new laws to regulate our existence are multiplying very quickly. It is our new reality.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 06-08-2023 at 02:35 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your. Please read the rules.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

It really is sad but Jamie is correct. Should that happen, and yes it is only a remote possibility, it could ruin your life.
    Crissy

Its not cis women and you know it , ( I hate the term cis )
    It's her husband and his friends and you also know it . Stop the game playing .
    I came from the south born and raised, many years back and even I would not go into a place like this because I dress like Janis Joplin and I am now from California . The people who are not from the US have no clue how violent and dangerous the deep south can be . None .

As for Amy , last I looked she was not a sacrificial lamb for "the cause" .. if you want to take that beating go ahead but I doubt you will be willing to pay her hospital or worse bills .
    Peace out .
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Medical bills, not to mention the LEGAL bills that are almost sure to enter the picture in today's litigious society. Most police, when showing up at a potentially violent situation arrest both parties rather than play judge, jury and executioner. And however innocent, getting a judge to believe you is likely to be VERY expensive. Call me a chicken, but I would be out of there rather than risk "taking hits" for the trans team. I doubt they'd be willing to foot ANY bills of any kind.
    Last edited by Linda Stockings; 06-07-2023 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Typo, added thought

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchess View Post
    I came from the south born and raised, many years back and even I would not go into a place like this because I dress like Janis Joplin and I am now from California . The people who are not from the US have no clue how violent and dangerous the deep south can be . None .

As for Amy , last I looked she was not a sacrificial lamb for "the cause" .. if you want to take that beating go ahead but I doubt you will be willing to pay her hospital or worse bills .
    Peace out .
    Duchess is correct. I used to live in Florida and sometimes vacationed in Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi. It can be very dangerous there and feels like going back to the days of Mayberry RFD. I would take the encounter restroom encounter with the GG as a stern warning and would not return.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Agree with Brenda. I always believe in standing your ground, but It is best to back-off and take your money elsewhere if need be.

Using the restroom is a touchy thing...
    Bad reactions are inevitable if you give it enough chances to happen.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

I agree with standing our ground, but the laws vary from state to state; it's not a nation wide right. And bathrooms are a dangerous place to exercise that right. It's a great privilege but I'd be reluctant to believe very many judges would agree, especially if a genetic woman lodges a complaint that management agrees with.

I agree with Linda. It is very problematic in the southern states where they have passed laws within the past several years that require you to use the bathroom that corresponds to your biological birth sex. I believe that Mississippi is one of those states and if true, the GG that confronted you in the bathroom could have you arrested.
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 06-08-2023 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Please stop quoting the post right before yours. It is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchess View Post
    It's not often I take umbrage with the point of view of a GG on this website, but this is simply ridiculous!
    To blame the husband of the woman who acted in a threatening manner in this instance is clearly absurd!
    And then to include his friends ... way out weird!
    The woman showed that she is bigoted!
    All else is mere speculation ...

Excuse me ??? Take umbrage about what ??? You dont , you just want to make something else of my comment . You know what I meant .
    Who lived there and grew up there ?? Me or you ??
    How on earth am I blaming the husband ???

I am not , what I am saying is that he will back up and defend her if she feels ( or he feels or even perceives) she is in anyway in danger . Just because people do not like this does not mean bigoted .. that's partly what people are sick of in this country ( and everywhere ) .. being called names for not blindly agreeing with something that they do not like .
    In this country a husband will take up for and back his wife and you better believe in that area with these types that is exactly what will happen and he will ,in all probability, include some of his male friends in it for fun and no I don't think Kimberly( keep wanting to call her Amy for whatever reason - I guess that makes me a bigot ) should deal with that .. She will be grossly outnumbered .

Take that anyway you like .
    Last edited by Dutchess; 06-07-2023 at 06:55 PM.
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Member mode -Was not going to weigh in but I fear I must.

Although I like to educate and stand up for wrong.
    You will not educate anyone who is drinking
    With things going on now this is dangerous.

I do not see in this situation like someone suggested talking to the woman. Drinking and ill informed people in a bar . Not a good mix.
    Time and place
    I do try to educate but you really cannot when drinking it involved. Things will just escalate.

Seriously as a GG I dress in gypsy skirts and somehow down south that is threatening lol.
    When I was taunted by women ( saying aren’t you special? )and their hubbys big mouths backing them up.
    They wanted to know where I was from…..said Canada….then they decided I was from a communist country and all the ignorant comments….
    I swear twilight zone !
    Making a statement and taking a stand with the drinking is lost cause and they only wanted to fight .
    So trying to say ….although not the same …..even myself was confronted by a woman who was drinking …..over nothing who wanted to fight.
    I was thereto hear the band

Mod hat on
    No back and forth
    Everyone is trying to help from their life experience…just because you never experienced it count yourself as lucky instead of putting down others .
    Edit your post to add
    Not having anyone calling another member out.
    Give your opinion
    Do not make it personal.
    Last edited by Di; 06-08-2023 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Make clear
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Stephanie, I was 100% en femme..... I'm not dumb enough to use the ladies' room in drab! LOL

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

LOL You're so right about that, Monica!

Very good idea, prw..... Probably the best idea yet in this thread. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    I think some of y'all are underestimating the danger here. You can be right and still get your ass kicked.
    VERY true, Rhonda!

Ok, I'll reply to just one last one in this thread, since there were SO many replies to my post..... First of all, of course I did see where some of you said that you tend to go to places with single restrooms, (as in, one locking door with one toilet, sink, etc). Well, the bar that I went to doesn't have that. It has the men's and women's restrooms, with several stalls and a couple of sinks. It was rare that I was in the restroom by myself, especially when it was crowded at that bar, so that wasn't an option for me.

Now, I'm replying to Di..... Thank you so much for your kind words and wisdom! You are 100% correct, of course. Alcohol and confrontations do NOT mix and do not end well. Tbh, I think when the woman confronted me in the restroom, she'd been drinking quite a bit. Also, about your gipsy skirts..... I was born and raised in Mississippi and while I can't speak for everyone, I'm not one who would judge you for it. Myself, along with I'm sure just about everyone else here says, wear what you're comfortable wearing, screw what other people think! LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Just another 'Gurl'
    Expect this to get worse in the red parts of the U.S. I grew up in a rural community in New Zealand. Very conservative. When I used to go out dressed I would still use the mens bathrooms. Not saying that is right, it is just that I felt it would cause less hassle. If I ever go out dressed again, I would still likely use the men's bathrooms unless invited by a GG into the women's restrooms. This should not matter, however I am afraid in the red states it does. I certainly noticed this when I was in the army stationed in various southern states. I remember going to one bar and a guy was wearing a KKK ball cap. Nobody had a problem with that in the bar. The South can be a very different world.
    Last edited by Kitty Sue; 06-12-2023 at 08:44 PM.
    Just another man in a dress

Yes the south is a different world entirely with a lot of good old boys. The best thing to do is avoid bars! Nothing good happens in a bar. Also, if you need to use the restroom find a Starbucks or another establishment that has gender neutral rest rooms. In the South if you are dressed and you use the men's or the women's rest room you are risking a beatdown and potentially putting your life in jeopardy. Be safe out there. It will get much worse as more laws are passed and the politicians get more folks riled-up about transgender issues.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-13-2023 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours

Y'all are too afraid of the "red states" and the "south". You're stereotyping, and you're wrong. I know plenty of good people down here in the deep south that couldn't care less, I know people in the very liberal big cities that think we're all a bunch of freaks who should be shot.

I think it's sad when someone feels the need to retreat from a bully. The woman at the bar was a jerk. I also recognize the need to stay safe, and I understand avoiding a confrontation that's probably only going to land you in jail or the hospital, if not both. Crappy situation. I wasn't there and I'm not you, so my opinion on what to do next is meaningless.

BTW, I've been to very conservative bars and restaurants in FL and NC with a gay couple and a trans-woman, with absolutely zero problems. You want problems? Get on your soapbox and announce to the world why you're equal or better, then you'll have problems. Be just another person, regardless how you're dressed or who you're holding hands with, and you'll have few or no problems. Will you run into a jerk? Yeah, it's possible, and you can't avoid that completely without conforming 100% into "normal", and even then a jerk might single you out for some other reason. Because he or she is a jerk.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-13-2023 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Really! A bit too violent.

So, it seems this was the entire conversation:

She had walked in just as I was washing my hands and she said,"You know this is the women's room". I said "Yes, I know. All I intend to do is my business, wash my hands and get out". Then she said, "Ok, just wanted to let you know". I said, "Ok". Then, she kinda shot me a dirty look, whipped around and walked out the restroom door.
    To be clear, if this was all that was said after a few years of you going out, I can see why you are alarmed but it isn't unheard of that some woman would say that. Maybe she thought you found yourself in the wrong restroom. Or maybe she just didn't like you being there. If you went to the management, they may or may not side with you, because after all, it is the "woman's" restroom. The potential dangers have been extrapolated out by many in this thread, but nothing negative happened after you exited the restroom in this situation. People can be worried about anything/anywhere but it doesn't stop them from living their lives.

I doubt most women would care that you are there. You know more about living in the south than someone that doesn't live there so you do what you have to do. However, there are other activities than going to a bar. Alcohol sometimes makes people say things they would not otherwise say.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-14-2023 at 05:17 AM.

Char makes a good point - I have had similar conversations with a man in the men's room (and I was not wearing a dress - just carrying a purse and wearing my own hair in a chin length bob)

Platinum Member
    This discussion has brought up some unexpected points. I have to ask, is this the first and only time someone has questioned you about using the ladies room? And in Tupelo, MS while singing karaoke with your evidently masculine singing voice. Frankly, if the environment was so hostile, my guess is the hostility would have manifest itself. The other thing is that looking back on the comment by the woman, she spoke her mind. Though I do not agree with her, I guess she does have the right to speak her mind, just as you do. Taking it to the management was itself an escalation. And I do have to agree with those who observed that there are more, better and potentially safer ways to enjoy the self expression of crossdressing than going to bars.

To the point about the south, and rural America in general, I can attest from personal experience to having NEVER had a bad moment in places as varied as restrooms, restaraunts, shopping centers, museums, auto repair shops, hotels and yes even a few straight bars in north Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. Not once.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt