Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The summer drought of dressing

The summer drought of dressing

This week is my kids last week of school. The summer drought of dressing is upon me. I look forward to reading everyone?s post about their adventures over next few months.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    It will go by fast for you Misty.
    I will post about my three day road trip in Oklahoma when I return Tuesday. Leaving later this am.

Emily

Misty
    Does it help to window shop online?
    Plan later outings ?
    Underdress?
    Or is it better for you to just stop for the summer?
    I heard people do both and was wondering what worked for you.
    Enjoy the kiddos they grow up so fast.
    Have a great summer.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

My drought started in March so I know the feeling. Once the kids get to high school age, you just have to blink and then they are grown and you have an empty nest, so enjoy the kids while you can.

I mostly work on various projects around the house to help keep my mind off CD when I have no chance to dress up and go out.

Hang in there.

Sandi

It's tough to 'thread the needle' between our desires to dress and our families. It's easy to fall into the trap of resenting them being around and forgetting to treasure the time together.
    Last edited by audreyinalbany; 06-09-2023 at 12:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Shopping online or in person helps me get through the drought

Perhaps this part of your life will take a hiatus.
    Look at the bright spot. You will have time with your family. We sometimes overlook what a blessing that is until it's gone.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It's a tough time of year. Summer fashion is the bet. Light and airy. But, terrible time of year for wig sweat, so not a total loss. Reset and work on my tan.

I feel your pain. My wife works for the schools, and I only have a week left before she is home every day. Dressing will then be rare rather than almost every day since I work from home. I can't wait until school starts again. LOL

this is probably the single thing I hate most about crossdressing...I spend too much time hoping my loved ones will "stay out a little longer" or "go out shopping' or "go see a movie." What I really want to do is treasure the time together, but part of me gets frustrated with having my own desires thwarted.

hang in there Misty. Like Emily I'll post about this weekend, probably on Sun.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Thanks everyone for your replies. Here are some responses to questions:
    - Window shopping, both online and in person, helps maintain that pink fog we all talk about.
    - I underdress all the time now, and during these summer dressing droughts, I find myself paying more attention to matching what I’m wearing under my male clothing.
    - Given the ages of my kids, my wife and I only have a few years left with them before we become empty nesters. That is both exciting and sad at the same time. Excited about my wife’s and my next chapter of life, but also sad our kids are growing up. It is the “facts of life” as some would say.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Don't be sad about becoming empty nesters. It never actually happens.

Aspiring Member
    My wife and I have been empty nesters for more than 20 years. Not completely empty as our children then had our grandchildren. Soon they will also make their parent's empty nesters. 2 are already on their own, one in college, another in college in a year and then the last gone off to do whatever they choose to do in 4 years. Now it's a treasure when they have time to come and visit or we go there. Never can dress when any of them are involved. In fact since my wife is not also retired my dressing is very rare at this point.

Not all bad as I would rather spend time with any of them than dress at this point.

Banned Read only
    Misty, been there, done that. Heck, that was before we had a computer, so there was not even any chance to read this site or others or peruse the internet for pretty clothes. Can you ship the kids off to grandparents for a day?

I too am in the beginning stages of the summer drought ughhhhhhh. I personally wear panties to hold me over along with window shopping online and time to time use bath & body shower gels as well.

My ex is gone and so are our kids, and so I've been doing a LOT of dressing en femme while going out and about town lately. But I have a fairly unique summer problem now.

My pain-in-the-butt next door neighbor sits on her front porch for literally hours on end everyday, chainsmoking and playing on her phone. She has an completely unobstructed view of my front door and my portion of the driveway. To avoid those inevitable questions about the mystery woman who gets into my truck and then drives away when I'm not around, I've usually gone out when she's at work, or only between an hour after sunset to an hour before sunrise.

Problem is that the spring/summer sun sets well after 10 pm right now and sunrise is before 4 am with a fairly bright twilight in between in my part of the state. That kind of restricts when I can leave the house dressed up.

On the other hand, a few friends already know about me starting out in amateur drag. And, I'm at that point in my life that I really give zero effs about what others think about me.

Wow. I thought I was alone in this Summer Dressing avoidance. I don't get chance to dress much at the best of times but summer is very difficult. Not even had chance to read in here either lol

In the warm weather months, I frequently wear a woman's bathing suit, with an appropriate cover-up around the house. Currently working on an above ground pool of sorts, so I can take a midnight dip during the summer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRjPXSzG-X0
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Being an empty nester for years... I can see a problem in about 3 - 4 years from now when my wife retires.

She has spent time with me dressed but she really does not think I dress 3 to 4 times a week all day.

As a bonus for fathers Day here in the US I spent about 8 hours dressed in 3 different outfits this Sunday. The only comment was, "What are you doing? Giving me a fashion show??

I almost talked her into us going out for Ice Cream in the later part of the day, I told her that she can drive. She decided she did not need ice cream after all. That would have been the 2nd time we have been out together with me dressed.

Dont like the summer heat. Makes wearing womens hosiery under pants a little too warm. I am closeted and underdress only in public.

Misty, I feel your pain. Perhaps you'll get a weekend to yourself.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The worst part is everywhere we go we see the women wearing those adorable summer dresses that makes it even harder

I actually have plenty of time to dress. Unfortunately during the summer at my job I stay so busy I'm usually too tired to do anything but tuck in a nice pair of panties in otherwise boy mode

Wow! Misty is that really you in your Avatar? You're beautiful!
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/