Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The summer drought of dressing

Know this only too well

I live in southern Australia where we have daylight saving for 6 months of the year. It is not possible for me to dress in the summer months without coming out. I know this would not work in the retirement community I live in. My dressing period is for 6 months and is interrupted by all sorts of events. My wife is ok with me dressing and in fact bought me 3 dresses this year. Mind you, she continually requests my opinions on fashions, colours etc in regard to her own wardrobe. I aim to dress 3 evenings a week but some weeks it works out to be 1 and others 4 or more. Frustrating, yes, but makes for an easier life.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-04-2023 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    Wow! Misty is that really you in your Avatar? You're beautiful!
    Johanne, my avatar photo was taken when I had a chance to take my time learning how to do my make up. It took me about two hours to produce that result. For a long time, I felt my make up skills were lacking and I have started reading more on how to properly apply it. I am looking forward to the start of the school year in a few weeks to not only dress again, but start applying make up to help complete my look. On a different note, I have enjoyed reading your blog for some time. I commend you on having the courage to openly dress in public.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

Misty, The time goes fast; we are ready to start school for the fall again.! I still find time to be Deborah, no matter the time allotted. Enjoy your family time, but also your Misty time.! Deborah

I actually don't have kids at home anymore but the Grandsons are here until school starts. But my summer drought is because it's so dam hot. We keep the house at 78, which feels cool when it's 100 degrees outside and dewpoint 78. However 78 is still hot when you put on your bra and shape wear and stockings. So I tend to not dress much in the summer because of that. It has also given me a true appreciation of what GG's go through in hot weather to try and look good. Or what they may think looks good. I tell my wife to just be comfortable and that's what she does. I understand completely.

My parents shipped me and my brother off to summer camps for a few weeks to a month. To different ones, on the other side of the state (Texas). Probably all full up this year but something to keep in mind in the future?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Misty, you follow my blog? Yay! Thank you!
    I started that thing so that I would have a place that I control where I could record my experiences. I used to tell all of my stories here. But, I thought that if this site went away, I would lose it all. So I started my blog. Originally, I did it only for myself. I don't have a big following. I do not promote my blog. But it makes me happy that someone out there is listening!

Joey
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

For me the drought has been from the heat. After work I am free to dress. But when the temps are triple digits. The idea of coming home taking a shower dressing up and then taking another shower before the wife gets home is too much. I enjoyed my day today while she was at work. I was really needing my Jade time.

I feel for you, but I am in the same boat, I haven't dressed in over half a year. Hope others will take pity on us.

Summer is the perfect time for sundresses! I have 4 that are made from a very light material - they weigh almost nothing! With spaghetti straps they are perfect for those days when it's approaching 100 degrees outside. Of course it helps that my wife doesn't mind me being "comfortable" around the house!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

The end to my summer drought of dressing will soon be over, my kids finally starting school. Fridays are my typical day to dress because I work from home on that day. Except for a doctor appointment in the morning, the day is clear of meetings. I already pick out my outfit, a simple blouse and jeans. Depending on how long the doctor takes, I might attempt a quick makeup application. Looking forward to getting back into the pink fog.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

Hello Misty. My wife is a teacher and is off for the summers and I work from home. She doesn?t know about my crossdressing so that?s why I look forward to school starting. Earlier this spring she was away at a convention for 4 days so I took advantage of that. My hair is very long so I treated myself by going to a salon and having my hair cut and styled in an elegant style so I would look better when dressed. Stylist is a friend of mine and keeps my secret. What a wonderful 4 days to be free. Yay for school!!!

Hooray for kids back in school. I SO know your situation. Luckily my kids have grown and moved out. That pink fog you speak of, it never lifts at my place. Enjoy your Fridays.

Sadly my drought of dressing is just about to begin and will last a while longer than a few weeks.....hopefully in a way.....as my widowed father is having to move in with us as its becoming clearer he's struggling at home on his own. So needs must and my dressing will be confined to the bedroom occasionally.

For me summer is a lovely time to dress in my most feminine clothes. Nothing nicer than stepping out in a maxi dress and wedge sandals!

Well……my Friday didn’t go as planned. When I came out of the doctors, I was greeted to a flat tire. I picked up a nail while driving to the appointment. Since I was in male mode, I got the jack out and changed out the tire, and dropped it off at the mechanics as I headed home. Did a quick check of my work emails and discovered I was roped into helping one of our project teams with an urgent issue and had to be on camera for a call. There went wearing the blouse. At least I got to wear a nice skirt for the call. My next few Fridays are booked full of meetings that require me to be on camera unfortunately, but I have a great opportunity scheduled in a few weeks. I’m going to get a professional make over and finally learn how to properly do my make up. I don’t know at this time if I will venture out in public for the first time or not. Regardless of what happens, I will post about the experience.

...and just like that, the summer is almost over!
    Last edited by char GG; 08-27-2023 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the original poster