Thread: Be Our Guest On The Trans Truth Podcast!

Be Our Guest On The Trans Truth Podcast!

Jeri Ann and I were talking the other day, and reflecting on how, in an almost off-hand way, we've shared some of our own stories on the show. It then occurred to us that others would have stories to share that would probably be more interesting (or useful) than ours, and that we should seek out those stories. So...

We are preparing a series of episodes, each of which will feature an interview with a trans or non-binary person. We're developing a list of questions/topics, but we also recognize that stories are just that, stories, and we want to let people tell theirs. That's kinda how we roll, i.e. we start with a set outline and then go off the rails on this or that detail, so come with an agenda, a script, or just show up and answer questions.

We're rather excited about this project and would like to hear from anyone who would be interested in being a guest on our show. Please, PM Jeri Ann or me here, or email us at info@transtruth.info
    firefox_ACgTYrWS88.jpg
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 07-12-2023 at 03:27 PM.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Everyone has a unique path they follow in their transition to finding themselves and living their truth. There might be similarities and sharing our stories could give hope and encouragement to our listeners.

Sounds like a great idea to help people

Platinum Member
    Where can one find the podcast?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It is available through podcast services. There are also links in the media section.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Where can one find the podcast?
    https://www.transtruth.info, or
    <announcer voice>
    ...wherever fine podcasts are available!
    </announcer voice>
    ...like iTunes, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio

So we've had a couple of y'all step up and offer to share their stories with our listeners, and that's wonderful, but I know that there are more of you out there with interesting stories to tell. You may not think that yours is anything special, but trust me. It is. We have learned that most people do not know a trans person. We know for certain that the media does not tell the stories of the majority of our tiny minority because those stories are not sensational. And that is exactly why we are appealing to y'all, because we're not sensational. We're just women who have unique stories about who we are and how we got there. Those stories, once shared, are what will normalize us.
    So step up and be heard, ladies!
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 06-12-2023 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

I'm finally me; I'm free. LisaMarieDayton's Avatar

Yeah!

This is so exciting! I can't wait to hear it!!!!!!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."-- Anais Nin.

I would love to be a guest. How do I go about this

If you can give us some dates/times, hopefully we can get something on our calendars.

I will send you a private message with the information

I will check my schedule and see if I have any dates to block out. I think I am fairly open. I can?t wait to talk to the real Angela. I thought she was a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Ann View Post
    I will check my schedule and see if I have any dates to block out. I think I am fairly open. I can?t wait to talk to the real Angela. I thought she was a myth.
    Awwww. Why would you think that? Lol

PM'd you
    Just call me Val

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    First of all, I want to thank Kelly and Jeri Ann for this effort and a chance to share some of my stories in a new and thoughtful way. Secondly, I would like others to know it didn't hurt, wasn't complicated, didn't require me to walk farther than from the kitchen to my computer and I wasn't asked anything I couldn't handle. I've shared my interview with friends and family who have only heard parts of my journey and it's been a good opportunity for more discussion.

I'm looking forward to hearing other stories because while we are each unique, there are some very important common threads we share. While that shouldn't surprise anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time, the podcast has a wider reach and I believe it will serve to expand understanding of our shared humanity. Thanks again.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.