Thread: I thought I'd got it planned

I thought I'd got it planned

As part of my week's home alone time I'd planned a few days out and about, one of which was to meet up with a fellow member, Helena.

A plan was formulated, messages exchanged, all was sorted!

So it's Friday, the plan says morning at home, an early light lunch, change of clothes, face on and out the house albeit covered up to do a quick change away from home. Got to that point, so far so good. Then I put my destination into the Sat Nav and it's at that moment the plan went belly up. I knew roughly how long it'd take but I'd got my pre journey preparations all to ****. I was running an hour late! Muppetry, idiot, buffoonery. So a quick WhatsApp to reschedule and off I went. Of course it's only then that someone decided to park 6 cars into the armour guard of the motorway slowing traffic to a crawl, one which thankfully didn't last long but coupled with roadworks just made me ever later.

Finally arrived and Helena and I spent a few hours wondering around an old castle and then stopping to an afternoon cuppa and cake. I could see Helena was more than comfortable in her life, being fully out at work and having the respect of those she works with as well as a supportive partner. We talked about our journeys, possible futures, all the usual stuff we talk about when two of us get together.

I'll say it because it needs reinforcing. Both of us were treated with the utmost of kindness and respect by those we engaged with. No drama's or glances, we just were like all the others exploring this old ruin ( I'll wait for the jokes to come!).

Ended too soon due to my failure to work out timings correctly but as ever it's so nice to see each other face to face and not just posts in the virtual world. Just wish I had more opportunity to do so. So my sincere apologies to Helena for my shoddy time keeping and hopefully we can meet again in the future and I'll get there on time as planned.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

A day out with a friend must be wonderful. Today is Fathers Day here in the US. You know that means I will get dolled up this afternoon and evening for myself. Wife is with me but hey, this is my day right?

Aside from timing errors, it sounds like a wonderful day. Many of us wish we could meet up with others for a day like you had.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Sounds like a good end to the day

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds lovely, Helen. But, otherwise u sound so isolated there.

We have monthly T gatherings at a nearby LGBT friendly club. Plus informal weekly get togethers with our T friend group if we wish to join them for meals and drinks!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Definitely "Muppetry" 🤣 but good for you for pushing the plan through. It sounds like a great day in spite of the issues along the way.

Aspiring Member
    Glad it eventually went well.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Yep it did turn out OK in the end. Still don't understand how I misplaced an hour in the schedule though.

I've found that some of the exploits we get the most from are those which on the face of it are the simplest. Two like minded souls chatting about life albeit our femme one or that which for perhaps most of us is how we integrate our drab lives into our femme side and the journey that brought us so far.

People hold far more enjoyment though conversation that browsing the racks ever can.

Plus if you've read my post about those "Pesky little voices" well this time as it was much later and out of the peak returning from work time that I got home, I opted to go straight there, no cover up, park on the drive and go into the house enfemme. Yep still a risk but life is often about pushing the boundaries a little from time to time.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 06-18-2023 at 04:00 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    You will never hear a crack about old ruins from me. Turnabout would be far too easy, with a simple reference to paleontology in my case.

Despite the timing issues, it sounds as though you spent a lovely day with Helena. Good work!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Helen, sounds like a wonderful time. Murphy's law always applies to scheduling.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think being a CD all the best laid plans are potentially collapsible.Glad it worked out ok in the end for you.

Even an hour late it looks like you enjoyed your outing, glad for you. And nobody did the joke so far!

I'm glad in the end you did get some time together.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I thought you're reference to sat nav was kind of off.
    Then I see you're from the other side of the pond. we would just say GPS here in the US L OL sorry things didn't go. As planned.