Thread: Out without wig and makeup

Out without wig and makeup

Well I decided to take a big step. I went out dressed in a real cute top from Chicos, black leggings, and flats. Shopped at a few stores. I was, of course, nervous but all went well and I felt fantastic. I?m sure that at some point I?ll get comments or negative reactions. But I?m so comfortable in my femininity that the downsides place in comparison.

You go girl!

Well done

I have found that going out in partial or mixed expression produces less concern in others that going fully dressed which I have done only a few times. But once again and unfortunately it depends largely on where you go, what you do, and probably now what part of the country you live in as well as the attitudes in the local community. Do what feels right to you, but do keep your wits about you. Don't go anywhere that a GG would not go to alone. Have fun, though. It is a new adventure.

Platinum Member
    Sounds like its working for you, so keep doing it!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That's so fantastic. I have been venturing out wear matte tights with shorts without issues...yet. Next I want to find the right shirts, blouses, tops. Enjoy!

Good for you Angela! It sounds like you had a really good time and that is what matters the most.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Hi Angela, Good for you, I am happy that you had a rewarding outing.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I am increasingly moving further and further toward my feminine side; not only externally but internally as well. Although I will never transition due to age and social constraints it is liberating to reach this point.

I just thank all those people before us ( us included) who have worn the “wrong” gender clothes out in public. It used to be a guy wearing feminine clothes would be thought of as a sissy. As someone from this forum told me I was doing. But now, when I wear my skirt and top sans wig and make up it because I just want to wear my skirt and top. I truly love going out in the whole ensemble with wig, breasts and make up, but sometimes, for a variety of reasons, that can’t happen and I am glad we have this alternative to use.

Glad it’s working!

Amazing! wish i had the confidence to do that!!! Im still scared to go out, just having to talk to people in my manly voice whilst dressed scares me! My anxiety is bad when im in drab never mind when in fem mode.

Christie Ann there is nothing wrong with being considered a Sissy. I am a proud sissy.

Without trying to hijack this thread. I apologize for the vocabulary. My point was that, while not main stream, it is also not unheard of for a genetic man to be wearing more feminine clothes in public, while in just the recent past it was quite unusual. I applaud Angela for being comfortable in her femininity to wear that really cute top.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-21-2023 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Please do not quote the post just before yours

lucky, I tried it once - took a selfie, now have a photo of an old man with false boobs, in a dress
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    At some point, it's like, screw it, gotta just do it -- whatever "it" may be, for anyone.

Seriously, though. If you really feel the need to do something, it's probably just gonna keep gnawing at you, until you throw on your big-girl panties & grab the reins.

Been my experience, anyway.

I actually did do it. Loved it and I am going to continue. I have, as the say, crossed the Rubicon.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    See? That's how it's done, ladies!

Anyway, yes, to this day, after *decades* of this in my life, I still sometimes try to challenge myself, at least in small ways.

"Ooh, I don't believe I've done this before... Okay, let's do it! "

All part of the life-long journey, I suppose?