Thread: Yes sir

Yes sir

Said to me by one person today out of the 100+ people I interacted with. In my book, that?s not too shabby.

I had the opportunity drop in my lap to take a short 9 mile hike in a nearby National Forest. I am still wig-less so this would be a MIAD trek, or I guess a MIAS, man in a skort. A nice black above the knee skort, topped with pinkish racer back tank with breasts and a nice pair of socks with a pink stripe.

The last time I did this hike, I saw maybe 10-15 people. Today easily over 100 people. I had lots of great conversations, no weird looks ( and I was checking) except for the one guy. Definitely, today was a win. And, when Mr. Bigot said his piece, I just answered that I hope he had a good day. He is not going to get me down. And, I only bring this up to say, noisy politicians aside, we are here, people know about us and the 99% out there, while perhaps not welcoming with open arms, want us to have happy lives.

Be yourself out there, be careful have fun.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Thanks for that Christine. You're absolutely right, not too shabby, it was a win ..

Glad you got to go on that hike, and had a great day.

Emily

Pretty good day indeed - hiking, meeting people, and being yourself

Excellent. However if you go the whole way with wig and makeup hopefully you won?t get any ?Sirs?! Enjoy your outings.

Hi Christie can I ask why you don't wear a wig and were you wearing makeup? if not I'm honestly not sure he was necessarily being bigoted perhaps he just thought you liked being a man but dress feminiely, what did the other 100 people address you as? Either way you are obviously very confident in yourself so enjoy everyday.

I've been thinking about doing this this week. I'm going up to my lake house and want to do a hike to the Goat Mountain look out tower, that's in the Sierra National Forest. I have no wig or makeup, so I would be a MIAD also. Your experience gives me encouragement to do it. Thank you.
    Dressing up. There's never a wrong time for it, just enjoy being you.

I work at a concert venue. The other day an obviously male patron came in with a midriff top and long skirt, no wig. They had a tag pinned to their top that said "My pronouns are They/Them". I certainly took away the guess work.

My takeaway from this is that you think nine miles is a short hike
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyJordan View Post
    Hi Christie can I ask why you don't wear a wig and were you wearing makeup? if not I'm honestly not sure he was necessarily being bigoted perhaps he just thought you liked being a man but dress feminiely, what did the other 100 people address you as? Either way you are obviously very confident in yourself so enjoy everyday.
    During the COVID lock downs, my wig was not-so-safely stored in plastic bags in our crawl space. Because it was there for quite some time, when I went to use it, I found it was a literal spiders nest. I threw it away. I did just replace it today, so on my next hike I will present a little more feminine.

As for the one yes sir, I figured he was showing his bigot colors as he had to reply yes sir, to my “hi”. As I usual do on trails, I say hi to everyone I walk past or some variant of what a nice day or the trail is being steep today. I walked past him and said “hi” and he replied back “yes sir”. His comment was The only gendered comment all day. Everyone else said hi back and most commented on the blue sky. He did not have to say that.
    I would have loved someone to say “ have a nice day miss”, but I knew that wouldn’t happen.

The guy was being a jerk and fortunately is in the minority.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-21-2023 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Surely, you could find a more family friendly adjective

As is almost always the case, the person casting an insult is saying far more about themselves than they are saying about their supposed target. Nice, big spotlight on him with "JERK" written in big letters over his head.