Thread: I went to the bar last night in drab, and.....

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar

I went to the bar last night in drab, and.....

Hey y'all!

Well, I got home for being on the road Monday afternoon and the bar that I frequent in Tupelo, MS does karaoke on Tuesday nights as well, so of course I had to go! LOL However, going in drab really SUCKED! First of all, there was something that I had to get taken care of in town yesterday as myself, so I couldn't go as Kimberly anyway. And by the time that was done and since I wanted to get a bite to eat and go to the bar, I wouldn't have had time to come back home and get all dolled up anyway.

So with that said, that same woman was at the bar when I got there a little after 5:00 PM Central. I know the woman's real name and I'm not gonna post it here, so I'll just call her Karen cause after all, apparently she IS the "Karen" of that bar! LOL Seriously though, after talking to some of the folks there, mainly the couple who runs the karaoke, Karen is not very well-liked at that bar. Yes, she and her husband go there a LOT and they spend a lot of money there, but that doesn't make her very likeable there. I'm pretty sure she recognized me, because she and her husband left not an hour after I got there, but she didn't say a word to me, thank goodness! LOL And since they left, she didn't sing at all..... Yayy! Oh, one more thing about Karen..... The night of the restroom incident, as she was leaving, I'm pretty sure she flipped me the bird really quick on her way out. *Eyeroll*

Of course, the bartenders and the couple who runs the karaoke recognized me, even in drab. So I talked with the man and the woman who run the karaoke about why I wasn't CD'd there last night. I spoke to them individually, but they both said, "Forget them and what they think!" (Although, they chose a different word than "forget" LOL.) But, I had a long conversation with the woman, told her about Karen and the restroom incident and that's when I was told that Karen isn't liked there. She lets her sing first on karaoke nights, cause she wants her outta there as quick as possible! LOL Also, (shucks, to save some time, I'm gonna stop typing "the woman who runs the karaoke" and call her Cindy from here on in, even though I don't know her real name). Anyway, Cindy just told me some other stuff about Karen and I told Cindy, "Well, even though she comes here a lot more than I do, my money is just as good as hers!" And Cindy was like, "Exactly!" LOL

Also, Cindy, her husband, the bartenders and most everyone else there are supportive of my being there as Kimberly. Cindy even told me that if I have a problem like that with anyone else, she herself would go to the manager and even go to the restroom with me to help avoid any confrontations! Now, THAT is support! LOL That's also a huge confidence booster for me and now I know that I CAN feel comfortable going to that bar as Kimberly and using the ladies' room when I need to do my business. The only person who had a problem with it was Karen and with some of the replies that I received from some of y'all here, I'm GONNA go to that bar again as Kimberly and say, "Forget Karen and what she thinks and says!" LOL Also, I'm not afraid that I'll get my ass beat, cause apparently I have protection at that bar! Also, I think if someone there wanted to beat my ass, seeing as how I've been there several times as Kimberly already, they would've done it by now.

Another thing that Cindy told me and she's absolutely right about this, the law is the law and there is no law in Mississippi prohibiting CD'ers or transgenders from using the restroom corresponding with the gender that they identify as.

Also, the reason why I was considering quitting CD'ing is, and I'll be honest here..... A lot of you here put a lot of thoughts into my head, like I COULD get my ass kicked, or worse. But, you know what?? Is that not the risk that we all take, every time we go out en femme? I mean sure, a lot of us are passable, but some aren't and I know that some people do not buy that, when we go out presenting as a woman, we're really women. So yeah, it's a risk that we all take, is it not? But that shouldn't deter me, nor anyone else here from enjoying the freedom that I know we all feel when we do go out en femme.

One more thing I wanna say, just wanted to tell y'all what songs I sang. LOL Since it was Tuesday night and not nearly as crowded as it gets on Saturday nights, I was able to sing more and so was everyone else who wanted to sing..... Anyway, I sang "One" and "What If" by Creed, "The Great Divide" and "Dying to Live" by Scott Stapp. Then, I sang "Higher" by Creed and "American Pie" by Don McLean, (yes, that's a long song, like 8 and a-half minutes long, but I know EVERY word of it! ) No, I didn't sing all those songs back-to-back, they usually let the people who wanna sing, sing two songs at a time, then they call up the next person.

And well, that's it..... I've decided I'm NOT going to stop CD'ing and I'm NOT gonna stop going to that bar as Kimberly!
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 06-21-2023 at 11:36 AM.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Banned Read only
    Happy to read the staff of your favorite bar is supportive. Frankly, Mississippi is not on my list of supportive states given the current nation wide comments in the media. Unfortunately, those opposed to the community seem to make the most noise. Hopefully, the staff will make it known any negativity on the premises will not be tolerated.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I guess I never got that u were going to quit dressing and going out because of just one person, a woman!

I'm glad u changed your mind, Kim!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Worse case scenario. You look like you could hold your own in a butt kicking contest.

It's great that the staff at your favourite bar have been so supportive & reassuring and it's good that you will still be able to enjoy your lifestyle.
    You bring so much positivity to this forum and it's good to read that you will still be here. Enjoy your future visits to your bar!
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I'm happy for you Kimberly. I live in the North East and I'm not too worried and going out en femme. It's nice to know that there are supportive people in the states that seem less-than-friendly to us.

Kimberly, I'm glad you found some support from the others at the establishment.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Kimberly, I'm glad to hear things worked out in your favor. It sounds like you have several supportive people at that bar. Karens are impossible to deal with, so just avoid her as much as possible.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Glad you're finding such good support where, and when, you need it.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Excellent outcome. As us often the case, support comes from the most unexpected places and in forms you do not anticipate.

Glad to hear you will continue your adventures.

Banned Read only
    It's wonderful, and unsurprising, that you did this and came to the decision that you did. However, I highly doubt that Karen left because of you nearly an hour after you arrived.

Platinum Member
    Its good to hear that you talked with the staff at the club and got their take on the matter. Imagine what you would have lost, the enjoyment you might have chosen to forgo had you not spoken with them. Now you can move ahead with allies and know that the sour b****h speaks only for herself and only from her bitterness.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Kimberly,

Glad to hear that you got everything worked out and aren't stopping anytime soon.
    It helps clearing the air with those in charge. Can't wait for your next video.

Hugs
    Jolene

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Well, y'all..... The outcome of all this wasn't exactly how I thought. Thank you all for your kind and supportive words, it means a lot. I will NOT be going back to that particular bar at all, whether in drab or en femme and I'll explain why in another post.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.