Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House cleaning

WOW Carla you look absolutely fabulous as a 60s housewife! I might have to copy your style.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I was raised in a home where it was just work, not man's or woman's work. I did my share of house work growing up and didn't think anything about it. Many years ago I started to fem in up some. Now the wife is doing some jobs, while I am doing others jobs. I usually wear a cam, skirt, and hosiery while cleaning inside. I would like to get a hotel maid type of uniform to improve the look.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

these kind of threads make me somewhat uncomfortable since they seem to reinforce the patriarchal stereotype of 'women's work.' Crossdresser or not, I've always contributed more than my share of 'housework' simply because we both live here and we both have a vested (pardon the allusion) interest in maintaining a clean and organized home.

Looking great Natalie.

I don't always dress to do housework. But I will say that, I do enjoy the housework a lot more if I am dressed.
    Raychel doesn't get out of the house. So anything to do is more enjoyable.housework or exercising is definitely more tolerable when Raychel is around
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Natalie you always look perfect in your pictures. Like the wife in the movies waiting for her husband to come home .

Aspiring Member
    It sounds like you are looking for the services of a nice French Maid. Have you thought of buying such an outfit for Natalie? Nothing like a nice French Maid with a skirt that's a little too short and heels a little too high, and maybe a corset a little too tight, tottering around doing the house work.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support.

We do keep a great comfortable home. We have an almost perfect location too. The only drawback is my patio is in front of the house. It is visible through the plantings between the patio and the sidewalk. When Natalie sits out there she can be seen by folks walking by if they turn their heads and make an effort to look in. Most do not but some do. We do not get a lot of foot or car traffic but we get some.

I added more plants to block the view. I am sure many people have seen the back of my head sitting out there. I do not let that stop me from sitting out there in fully dressed. I just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by audreyinalbany View Post
    these kind of threads make me somewhat uncomfortable since they seem to reinforce the patriarchal stereotype of 'women's work.' Crossdresser or not, I've always contributed more than my share of 'housework' simply because we both live here and we both have a vested (pardon the allusion) interest in maintaining a clean and organized home.
    Well said. Ditto

Yes! I like adding the B-52's "Housework" to the playlist when I do it.

I LOVE doing housework in Camille mode! It just feels so good! I don't know why but I am so much more focused, calm, and energetic as Camille. My usual outfit for housework is a tee shirt, cute panties, and thigh high nylons. Sometimes I wonder if I would have enjoyed my career more if I dressed like that!

I introduced my wife to my crossdressing by having her read the book "He's the maid". She agreed that I could dress up as a maid & clean the house. Now, about once a week, she asks for "a visit from the maid". She will have a list of chores ready for me to do. I dress in complete French Maids outfit, complete with flouncy petticoat & heels. I really enjoy it, & she gets the house cleaned!

Quote Originally Posted by missjoann49 View Post
    A girl has to do what a girl has to do, so you might as well look great doing it
    Oh, Joann, it was never about how it made me look; it was how it made me feel! Grrrrrrrrreat!
    I've always had some sort of maid's uniform dress, now, for over 40 years ( the first one, genuine work style, 'borrowed' from the hospital I worked at's housekeeping dept! Just like scrubs for the doctors and nurses, they were always just right there on the rack outside the changing rooms, nice and clean and pressed, for employees to wear while cleaning up all day, then simply dropped into the big hamper before getting changed back to go home after a long, hot, sweaty day!).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

At our home my wife and I work together to keep it fresh and clean. It's fun working with her. Course I throw on my french maid and heels and she thinks I am crazy but fun. Just wish I could do yard work in fun outfits too but our little slice of heaven has to many young in the neighborhood. Always liked keeping a clean tidy place even when I was single.

agreed, much more fun that way, but really could do with a maids outfit.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I clean my house every Saturday morning including scrubbing the tub and toilet. I don?t enjoy it that much but it has to be done, I?ll be in a dress whether I?m cleaning or not.