Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a difference a year can make

What a difference a year can make

Last year I had many wonderful outings. It was amazing meeting so many people and dancing in clubs, my favorite crossdressing pastime it would seem.

Due to changes in my work, travel has dropped to near zero, so that is why I have not posted about going out since March. I am hoping I might get some opportunity but nothing is planned. It is hard to believe the difference between last year and this year.

Even so, I was getting a little out of control and do not post about everything that happens. So it might be just as well to take a pause. My interest in it has been falling off as the opportunity to go out dried up.

I have no intention of purging or anything like that, but after months of not being able to go out, i am thinking I will never have another year like 2022. Like so many of you, I just have to make the best of whatever my situation has to offer. Even if I never got to go out again, I have to say I have a lot of wonderful memories. I am doing just fine though.

Cheers

Sandi

If you look up the definition of Out Of Control, your photo pops up! Lol. Told you a few times to enjoy it while it lasted. You need to come up with a plan as you head towards retirement. Not a lot of fem time available like when I was traveling for work. Maybe you could volunteer? Or become a missionary? Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Interesting Karren, A CD missionary.

Haha, funny but I do not think that would work for me Karren. I may still get a chance yet. I just have nothing on the radar for now.

Sandi

Banned Read only
    I have to agree with Karen and future prospects for a person headed for retirement. I enjoyed any time I worked out of town. I enjoyed my retirement until my wife decided to fully retire also. Now, it is a struggle to find quality time for Stephanie to shine for an entire day or several days in a row.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sandi, I'm confused? (Yeah, I know. That seems to happen to me quite often!)

Why can't u go to clubs close to u? But, not close enuff to run into folks u know?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The drab version of Sandi leads a boring stay at home all the time life style, so I would not be able to come up with an excuse to go clubbing on the prime nights of Friday and Saturday especially. I have visited a local club when my wife goes to her parents, hundreds of miles away. Funny thing, when I go there, ALL of the bartenders remember me and do not even make me show my ID at the front door. I have never seen anyone I know. It is in a touristy area so most patrons are from elsewhere.

Sandi

Ahhh the ebbs and flows of life, but remember, where there?s a will, there?s a way?usually when you least expect it. Glad you?re fine.

So instead of others living vicariously through you, you are going to have to live vicariously through the rest of us?

I guess the rest of us will just need to step it up.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Haha funny Dee. Actually I do like to put my ear buds on and play some of my videos from clubbing last year. I had some good times for sure. So I reminisce quite a lot for the time being. I know clubbing is not for everyone, but I would have said the same thing about myself 10 years ago, that it is not for me. Once I really learned how to socialize it helped a lot, and it must be working. Last December was a perfect example when a young woman I was dancing with said I was the most fun of anyone she had met that night. Wow that was so cool. That was in Riverside CA. That is the sort of thing that makes me keep going back. I just have to be patient.

Sandi

Hang in there Sandi. Life is always full of twists and turns so you never know what opportunities will pop up.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Girl times become fewer and further apart. Rarely is there more than a half day at anyone time. When exceptions come, I try to take advantage of every minute.

Ah-May-Lee
    This might not relate to you but as time goes on things change.

When younger I would hang out on the street corner hoping this fun never ends, but it did. I then started to hang out in Times Square hoping this fun never ends, it did. Then came going to dance clubs, yes those days ended. Getting older I started going to small bars and hoped this never ended, yup it did end. Now I work in my garden and take walks in the woods, I hope this never ends cause it's fun. Like you I use music to take me back to each section of those days. The past was fun but the conclusion I came with was whatever I do was fun.

PS-Of course there were bad times too but I keep those thoughts hidden.
    Last edited by Amelie; 06-27-2023 at 06:09 PM.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Sandi, This is disappointing as I live vicariously through you. Really though, I'm sorry your work travel has diminished and therefore your dressing.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sandi, I know you well enough that I am sure there will be opportunities going forward, it is hard to keep a club girl down!
    Crissy

I really upped my game around 2007. My wife was out of town a lot keeping up with her parents as they aged. I found a group of trans friends to hang out with and went out with them a lot when my wife was out of town. After both of her parents passed, she was home all the time. When I wanted to meet my friends, I told my wife that I was going out with the guys. I neglected to tell her that me and "the guys" were all going out dressed as women. So, I told nothing but the truth, but not the whole truth. I think she suspected something was going on, but never questioned me about it, except where I was going and what time I'd be back. Wouldn't you k ow it that there was a sports bar right next to the gay bar that we always went to. So, that's where I told her I was going.

In short, can you "go out with the guys" for eating, drinking and watching sports on the TV at the bar?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Thanks everyone, and Steffi, I do not think I can make that work. First off, it takes me a really long time to dress up, as I like to do everything from my nails to cats eyes on makeup. Plus, I am usually out very late - like out until 2 AM. So it would just be too difficult to do with any regularity. I will probably get an opportunity at some point, I just do not know when. It?s ok, I am patient.

Sandi

I am currently headed to Tampa for a family reunion. Only boy clothes otherwise I would be tempted to look up your favorite club in the Tampa area....

Cool Dee,

You should check it out regardless as you would find the people watching a lot of fun if nothing else. I can PM you my fav female bartender and other details.

Sigh, wife just harassed me for having my fingernails too long. Uggh.

Sandi

I keep my nails short just to avoid the harassment. Think of why she would say if she saw how short your skirts were? Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

"Or become a missionary?"

Knock knock. "Good evening, sir. Do you have a few minutes to talk about the joy of wearing bras and skirts?"

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I keep my nails short just to avoid the harassment. Think of why she would say if she saw how short your skirts were? Lol.
    Sandi's wife would need a microscope to see some of Sandi's skirts.

Oh good grief. Haha. Well there was this one time I was going up some steep stairs at my local club and some guy behind me says : looking good from down here. So I had a good laugh.

Sandi

Chin up Sandi, perhaps its a case of hanging in there.
    In any event, your posts are great and you are a valuable part of this forum.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Beech View Post
    Thanks everyone, and Steffi, I do not think I can make that work. First off, it takes me a really long time to dress up, as I like to do everything from my nails to cats eyes on makeup. Plus, I am usually out very late - like out until 2 AM. So it would just be too difficult to do with any regularity. I will probably get an opportunity at some point, I just do not know when. It?s ok, I am patient.
    Sandi
    I have a GG friend who let's me change at her place. Sorry, but any more details is classified above y'alls security classification.

When I'm out, I come back around midnight, but I still check which lights are on to assess if anyone is still awake. I used to change before coming home, but I don't now. I'm a little less concerned about possible consequences.

Sometimes, I want to stay out later. My daughter is an adult, but moved back into them basement a few years ago. I'm kind of miffed because my curfew is basically midnight, while she doesn't have a curfew. But, as I said, she is an adult. I have a lot of confidence in her decision making.

And she opened up about what happened to a guy she met who didn't understand that , "No mean no". Let's just say that my daughter understands where a guy's weak points are and she kneed him there. When he didn't back off quickly enough, the punched him in another weak point. I think he may have learned a little lesson.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.