Thread: It Wasn't Meant To Be Anything Worth Writing About...

It Wasn't Meant To Be Anything Worth Writing About...

...just me going on my first proper outing of the year (Warning: long post)

I have been putting off going out enfemme, as I have been spent most of my time working on my femme shape, experimenting with a relatively recently acquired silicone derri?re and smaller boobs, as well as my old hip pads.

I'd happily have kept it under wraps longer, but it was the last weekend of Pride Month and I have gone out enfemme every June since accepting this part of me and I wasn't about to break the tradition.

I have been out and about in all my silicone gear more than once this year but not really en femme. I wore the padding when going out for walks to get used to wearing the stuff and for added resistance, as all my silicone bits combined now add 20 Lbs. to my weight (!). I definitely needed the dummy runs (well, walks) to get used to the extra weight. I am working on a possible lighter solution, but that's not reality right now.

So it happenned that I finally went out clearly enfemme but somewhat low-key, wearing an outfit designed to blend, with a pair of jeans and a black jacket, plus my favorite (and obviously fem) leopard top, black wedge Rialto shoes. I could have worn a wig, but opted for a plain baseball cap. My clip-on earrings and painted fingernails completed the ensemble. I also wore a covid mask.

First, I made a trip to Ross. The staff there have met femme me many times before. It felt good to be shopping enfemme again after so many months. I had to get used to walking wearing the wedges. I expect (or at least like to believe) that slowing down my pace makes my walk more femiinine.

Later, I went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. I was well received as usual. Later, I stopped at a dollar store and picked up some things. Then, I went to Goodwill, where I found a J. Crew leather handbag shaped like a little backpack in really good condition for $10.00. Nice score.

From there, I went to a restaurant I visit regularly and this is when my quiet outing took an interesting turn: After parking my car, I had to cross a busy street to get to the restaurant and this time, uncharacteristically, a manic street preaching lady was spreading (well, yelling) the tenets of her faith in Spanish to the passers-by using a bullhorn or similar amplification while a crony was using a cell phone to film the woman. The traffic lights changed against me as I approached the intersection and I had to stand there with this person next to me preaching in my direction with a loudspeaker

To be clear, I am not posting this to criticize anyone's beliefs or to start a religious debate. I have been raised to respect religions generally. On the other hand, my respect for other folks' faith is based on the understanding that folks will practice their faith privately with like-minded fellows, not force it down the throat of society at large. Gestures such as this, combined with my own extensive soul searching plus reading authors like Chrisopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins made me embrace atheism even before I managed to come to terms with my crossdressing (not advocating, just saying), but that's enough about me.

Anyway, here I was - discretely enfemme trying to blend next to this person preaching in Spanish. Unbeknown to her, I could understand her and while I was standing there, she started going on about how G*d sees homosexuality as an abomination and that he loves the sinner but hates the sin, etc.

I just stood there for what seemed like an eternity waiting for that light to turn. I was glad I was wearing my mask at the time because I was quietly chuckling at the absurdity of my predicament while listening to the diatribe. I admit though that a slightly perverted (but honest) part of me wished I was standing there in the pinkest, loudest, most scandalous, over the top, queerest, most outrageous outfit ever, like a drag queen with the volume dialed at eleven. As it was, I just stood there looking pretty and that seemed to get the lady riled enough, not that I was doing anything to be deliberately provoking - I don't find provoking people or offending their sensibilities entertaining, but I do have a long held belief that people who are find crossdressers, etc. annoying merely because we exist deserve to be annoyed, especially when it comes to people who share their faith with folks who did not ask for it. Respect existence or expect resistance. Turnaround is fair play.

Anyway, the light finally turned and I slowly minced my way across the street, swaying my hips a bit more than usual and very deliberately limp wristed. I placed my order at the restaurant and went to a thrift store down the block for a few minutes while my order was being cooked. As I walked back to collect my order, the lady saw me from across the street and started preaching in English. I collected my order and although strutting back the same way I came just to rub it in was a tempting idea, I decided to let preaching b*tches lie and walked further down to cross the street from the other side, where my car was parked anyway. As I was walking up the block, I saw another CDer walking towards me. She was dressed a bit more exuberantly as she was wearing a dress, but she blended in better than me because she wasn't as tall. I was just pleased to see her and leave it at that, but the other girl felt compelled to compliment my cardiganas she was passing by. I thanked her and complimented her dress mostly because one deed deserves another.

It did feel good to run into another CDer, though. Normally, I am used to being the only one. It sort of helps confirm that the environment is indeed safe, althought I have frequented that neighborhood crossdressed for years. It's just that I never ran into another one before. That was cool.

Emboldened by that experience, I went out crossdressed again after lunch. The store has a new manager who met me in drab a couple weeks ago. This time he met me enfemme, Great service both times.

Next day, I put on a different outfit and went to a Trader Joe's I had never been to crossressed before. Frankly, this is my least favorite local TJ's as some people in the staff frankly think too highly about themselves considering they work in a shop. I picked up some things just to be seen there and took off.

From there, I went to Home Depot for some Permatex to fix my silicone caboose, as over time the opposing motion of the cheeks has started forming a hole...well, sort of where you'd expect one to be, but that's beside the point. The tear must be repaired. I plan to do it in the next day or two.

Finally, I went to Costco and picked up some things there as well. Then, I went home.

So the weekend turned out to worth writing about after all.

Thanks for reading.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Good for you.....with all do respect to the preachy lady. God is love.....and putting on women's clothes, I'm pretty sure God's got bigger things to worry about lol.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Last Halloween I was standing in a huge line to go clubbing and a guy on the other side of the street was doing the same thing with a megaphone. Those of us in line were kind of snickering about it. I mean I was wearing a red devil outfit with red horns, and others were wearing all kinds of crazy outfits, so for us it was funny. I can see how being the only one stuck a a traffic light would be a little awkward, but at least you were not harassed directly. Nice that you got to go out anyhow.

Sandi

Patience, sounds like a great day. I despise street preachers. It's not that I don't believe they have the right, it is more the judgement that a lot seem impart in their speech.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    This reminds me of a joke I wrote:
    What did the clergy man do when he approached the hooker on the street corner?
    He walked pastor. (Past her)
    Losses a little when written.

Platinum Member
    You showed immense patience, Patience.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Thanks for sharing your story.

I love it when you girls are out in the wild. The more the merrier.

Genifer, I got the joke without having to read what was in parentheses. Patience, glad you had a good time overall. Street preachers are a pia.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Ah-May-Lee
    20 lbs of silicone? That's like 20 or 30 tubes of silicone caulk from Home Depot.

I use to have the same encounters with street preachers. The park where I use to sit at and read was not far from mission style places that feed the homeless. They would come to the park and preach right in front of me without even knowing me, like I was the devil or something. It was very amusing, I let them have their word. Maybe while they talked to me they left other people alone.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

In spite of the spiteful preacher woman, it sounds like a nice time. Congratulations!

Mbeen, I totally agree. I mean, I grew up in a Catholic country and went to many churches in many parts of the world, and I've never seen an image of any member of the holy trinity wearing trousers, so why should I?

Sandi, After reading that story, I am sorely tempted to get a devil outfit. I mean, all you need is the horns and maybe the tail. A red outfit would take care of the rest.

As to whether I was harrassed directly or not, I will agree I was not physically harrassed, but an argument could be made that I was verbally harrassed, even if it was not in English. I'd love to see the footage. I'd love to sue them, even if I didn't collect. It sure wouldmgive them pause.

Jamie, I did not think the outing would be as eventful as it was. We seem to share the same feelings when it come to these folks.

Genifer, I too got the joke without the clarification. Nice. Here's one of mine:

Q: Why did the donut despise the pretzel? A: Because the pretzel had a "holier than thou" attitude.

Kim, It's the name that keeps on giving.

You're welcome, Stephanie.

Natalie, you are right. The more of us folks see, the more normal we become.

Thank you, Diane.

Amelie, my silicone bits are, in spite of their faults, more feminine than silicone caulk.

Thank you, Nancy.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!