Thread: A follow up on myself after the " conversation with my wife's friend "

A follow up on myself after the " conversation with my wife's friend "

Prior to that conversation which you may remember in which I came out as a cross dresser. I had been unexpectedly rushed to hospital with a heart problem, which is still under investigation, but likely to be a minor problem. But it really did make me stop and evaluate my life and was another factor in me coming out. I have started to change my attitude towards me dressing. A recent present from my stepdaughter was a pretty ankle chain. Both her and my wife liked it and said I should just wear it, and I have worn it with shorts since and it is clearly visible. I recently had to have an ECG and the nurse doing the test said " oh that ankle chain is cute". I laughed and said there is a bit of a story to that. She asked what it was......I thought I'm not ashamed of what I am anymore. I said " I'm actually a crossdresser and it was a present from my stepdaughter" she said straight away "good for you, it's good that you can express yourself like that", smiling. And I felt really good that I had owned it. I told my wife when I got home and she was overjoyed for me, and was very proud. Sometimes it is us that have the problems with who we are not other people. I will not be broadcasting it to everyone, but I am changing my attitude. I am a nice person who wears a dress, as do 50% of the population.
    I have never ventured out dressed but the wife and I are making plans for an overnight visit to the village in Manchester in the near future with me fully dressed. This will be a massive step for both of us. My beautiful wife is 100% supportive of it but nervous, I am nervous too but excited too. It would give me a day driving there (about 5 hours) as Stephanie, booking into the hotel a night out, and the drive home the following day. Thank you for taking the time to read this post, not very exciting......but my little bit of news. Bye x.

I beg to differ it is VERY exciting!
    So happy to hear this .
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Sounds great to me! Best wishes on your outing! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    great story give your wife and step daughter a big hug for me

I agree, very exciting for sure. I love that you told the nurse about your ankle chain, you made each others day!
    I think both you and your lovely wife are going to have a very fun trip. Good luck!
    Crissy

Steph, dont be nervous, your going to unlock a door to Wonderland, and never want to go back, yes Manchester is amazing and I go regular along with many other places lol. You can go shopping in Manchester in the mall, its huge and I have spent many hours there, the nightlife is fantastic, there a whole street (Canal Street) full of lgbt friendly pubs to go to along with cabaret bars with lots of fun, myself and Helen Highwater are meeting soon in Manchester, I have PM'd you with the details, but please be mindful of your wife this is new to her as well, so always talk everything through with her, I so exited for you.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Be careful what u wish for, Steph. I'm a closet CD that has gone out countless time and met 100's of folks. Just not near where I live.

I would not recommend telling people u know or dressing out where u live unless you're planning on coming out to everyone!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-01-2023 at 10:04 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wonderful post - hope your outing will be a great experience
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 07-02-2023 at 01:33 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Sounds a great story. Have a good trip.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Sweet story I love the acceptance your wife and daughter are showing you.

Platinum Member
    With a bit of preparation your trip and night out will turn out fine. Enjoy!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A beautiful post and a wonderful outcome. Hope your heart problem is not serious.

You have every right to be who you are because trying to be someone you are not never ends well. The stress of trying to maintain the person you are not eventually creates major problems in your health and mental state. Your stepdaughter's actions may have extended your life considerably by recognizing and supporting the most pure you.

Have a wonderful trip. An adventure into a world where you belong.

Debs is right. The village is as a safe place for a first outing as you're likely to find anywhere. I've lost count of the number of times I've been there so if you want a list of what I'd rank as the 3 best pubs for a first time PM me.

As you'll be travelling a fair distance I assume you'll be staying over. Again PM me and I'll give you hotels where staying enfemme won't be a problem.

I don't want to laying it on too thick here but as Debs says, if you want a chaperone, a guiding hand then come mid November you're welcome to join us and be both supported and guided. Oh, and if you've never been fitted for a wig there's a salon with parking close by that'll be more than welcoming and you'll be surprised just how a different style can make a change to your overall look. Again PM me for the details.

I know that whatever you do, going just a a couple or joining Deb an I, it will be a truly life changing experience, genie out of the bottle, one you'll want to repeat and repeat and ......
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Stephanie,

You are about to embark on a new chapter of your dressing life that can be thrilling and extremely interesting. Try not to get too nervous and just enjoy everything as much as possible. And remember, it will feel like everyone is staring at you but in reality they are not. Wear comfortable shoes, not heels, your first time out and wear sunglasses. The eyes show nervousness very easily so hide them whenever you can. Have fun!

Fiona
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Stephanie, I'm sorry to hear you had a health issue. Cute story, I am glad your family is supportive and you are owning it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    "Not very exciting!" Rubbish. Acceptance by a wife and supportive too has to be exciting. Throw in acceptance by your stepdaughter.....a wow!

Make sure the Doctor's take care of your heart because I think your family is doing wonderful things for your heart.

I just want to thank you all for the wonderful comments and good wishes that you have posted here. Will keep you up to date with any news. You really are a lovely group of girls.
    StephanieCD x

Glad the condition was just minor, great that you are being supported with your journey

Best wishes for your health, Stephanie and good luck on your Manchester trip.

Go!!! Enjoy and relax. ❤️

hello Stephanie,
    I wish you every success and good health.
    You can now be your true self!
    luv J

Glad the heart issue is likely minor. Be sure to stay on top of it. The acceptance and support being shown by your wife and stepdaughter are MAJOR. Enjoy your trip and have a wonderful time, girl.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

The reaction of the nurse was the best one. No need to ask further, to challenge, to anything just a "good for you".

I think your lucky to have a supporting wife and Stepdaughter. Steph go out enjoy yourself.