Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CD's in the men's room

Reality Check
    Obviously, different situations might require different choices. There are some places where it is illegal to use the restroom not designated for your birth sex. Also, which one you use in a crowded biker bar might be different from the one you would use at the opera.

The best plan, by far, is to find a single occupancy unisex restroom. The next best choice would be a "family" restroom.

If none of these are available, I would say you have to consider your presentation. If you honestly believe you pass as a woman (even an ugly woman), the ladies restroom should be your choice. If you are obviously a "man in a dress", the men's room should be your choice.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    The problem with using the ladies room is coming out after doing your business. There may be a big redneck transphobe waiting at the door for his girlfriend to come out. When he sees you come out, that is when the trouble starts. Not a good situation.
    I'd rather take my chances with the big (male) redneck transphobe waiting outside the women's room door rather than the big (male) redneck transphobe inside the men's room.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I think that establishments like hardcore bikers bars etc are better to be avoided in general, when you are crossdressed, because it is a good chance to get harassed in there. Usually are filled with people that are not very openminded. I would rather try to find some other place to pee and even risk wetting my pants than go to bikers bar to pee.

I present male and wear skirts and dresses. I have gone into a multi-person men's room on a small number of occasions. At the airport, it was busy. Crowded normally equals safe. One guy at a urinal was looking over his shoulder at me while I washed his hands. He forgot that I was facing a wall of mirrors and could see him. Otherwise, there were no reactions.
    However, one time, I went swing dancing while dressed pretty. At some point, I was hot and sweaty. I had been dancing with numerous ladies for an hour. I was at ease. I walked into the men's room with no thought of my outfit, etc. There was a man in there washing his hands. I walked in and said, "Hey." Walked up to the sink and toweled off my face. I tried to make small talk with him. He had this expression on his face like he didn't know how to react to the situation. I'm glad to say that he survived and no one treated him badly during this whole experience. (giggle, snort)
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

When I use the men's room it always amuses me to see some dude do a double take at the sign on the bathroom door that say's "MEN".
    That's a Kodak moment.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

No matter what I wear I frequently get read as a woman. That includes the times I am wearing male business casual. While wearing such an attire for all of the following: I have been asked if I am waiting to use the women's restroom. I have had a time when a woman followed me into the men's restroom and I had to tell her she was in the men's room. Another time the wife of a couple almost went in the men's room while I was leaving it, and the husband was approaching the women's restroom. In those cases, I have to point out with my masculine bass voice that I am a man or point to the door of the men's restroom and tell the person(s) and tell him/her/them, "This is the men's room".
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Once, when I was with my wife at NASA's space center in Cape Kennedy, Florida, I was outside the ladies' room waiting on my wife. (I was in men's clothes.) While I was waiting a man, dressed as a man, exited the ladies' room with his wife and two kids. They were speaking in an unfamiliar language. I guess the rules are different in their country...

There's a bar where we were having a problem using the women's. There was one person that was complaining about my friends and I using the ladies room.

This ladies' room only has two stalls and the bar gets totally packed on weekends. So if one of us CDs enters while both stalls are being used it's a bit problematic. We ended up watching to see when someone entered and when someone left. Then make a dash for the ladies' room when the coast was clear!

Using the men's is possible I guess. I would describe most of the clientele as blue collar, a working man's bar.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I wouldn't dare use a men's room while out dressed! Why provoke any idiots who had a problem with it? Much rather use the ladies room, where I belong. I've received compliments from women in the ladies room, never anything bad.

Last year I attended Exxxotica in Rosemont IL. I went into the men's room to finish dressing, planning on waiting until nobody else was there. But there was always some guy in there, so I finally just dashed out.
    I wouldn't use a ladies as I don't want to upset anybody.

I'll add one more thing.
    When I dress in women's clothes, I present male. I have gone into the men's room to change clothes in a stall. Sometimes, men come and go while I am in there.
    With heels, I am sometimes tall enough to see over the door and see who is in the room. I have seen one guy looking down at my shoes that he could see under the door.
    After years, I have become more casual/brave. I have stopped waiting for all of the men to leave before exiting my stall. I have stepped out and washed my hands before leaving while a man was in the room. Several times, he was doing his thing and he never looked my way. A couple times, the man and I would be at the sinks at the same time. There's always a moment of not knowing what to do on their part. I'm nonchalant about it. They follow my lead. The most significant thing that has ever happened is: we both said, "Hey." (Caveat: I have only done this in public restrooms on the interstate highway, or in office-park buildings (where many businesses share a nice building). I am more cautious on the highway.)