Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went shopping with the wife, tried on six dresses!

Went shopping with the wife, tried on six dresses!

Ok, so based on the title alone, anyone who knows my situation will automatically jump to the conclusion that my disapproving wife has some how made a big reversal after almost 2 decades! I know I would. But we would both be wrong! She has not budged. But we did go shopping and I did try on 6 dresses while she was in the same store!

Here?s how it happened, she decided we needed to stop by Target on the way home this morning, to get a few household things. Nothing exciting. And she mentioned that I should go look at the mens area for some new shorts. My old ones are probably 30 years old. So I headed that way, with a slight detour through the intimates, and found a couple cargo shorts that pretty matched my old pair. Long, baggy, kind of like short capris? Wandered into the fitting area which was unmanned and quite a mess. I am assuming due to staff shortages. The stalls are unisex and I choose the first one on the left, the large one. And as I open the door I find 6 long dresses on hangers that the previous occupant did not put back or purchase. Six dresses, all in my size!

So I try on the cargo pants, close enough! And strip to my panties and proceed to try one each dress. They all fit amazingly well. I almost took a few photos with my phone but that would have violated the prime directive, though shall not contaminate the phone in case she who must be obeyed decides to take a peak.

Took my time trying on the dresses and got dressed, exited the fitting area to find my wife waiting. ?You find something?? Yes I did was my reply. (And I got a couple pair of male shorts -unspoken).

This was so unexpected and fun that I think I am going to want to try on more clothes every time we go out shopping with her. What are the chances that the previous occupant would be trying on bras or a corset. Lol

Anyone else ever unexpectedly stumble into a fully stocked fitting room?
    Last edited by Karren H; 07-10-2023 at 03:52 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Oh Karren, Only you could get so lucky, anyone else it would have boring guy stuff. I can feel your excitement as I was reading the post.
    Crissy

Wow! That's some insane luck indeed!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

That sounds like a very lucky find

Thank goodness you were wearing panties.

Karen, It would seem providence was on your side for this one.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Funny how things sometimes just seem to work out.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I totally think it was karma! A week ago I was supposed to go to the daughters alone while my wife stayed at home and waited for the utility guy to show up. I was going to stop by Target and pick up a few femme things including a black long dress. Timing worked out all wrong and the utility guy came early which allowed my wife to come with me to the daughters. Disappointing at the time. But this make up for that even though I didn?t buy anything.

.......My Photos

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    Funny, I was trying on some men's shorts at Target a couple weeks ago as well.
    Also walked into a dressing room that had a bunch of woman's clothes left behind.
    I too was tempted to try them on, but unfortunately, they were all too small for me
    Maybe next time I'll get lucky.

Karren -- Your title really had me fooled and hoping that changes in conditions would spread to the east coast.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Banned Read only
    The title had me fooled also. I thought maybe Karen's wife was the one who tried on six dresses. Anyway, nice to read about one's good fortune when living in an oppressive DADT.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like torture to me, Karren!

What if you'd loved one of those dresses and wanted to buy it? But, because she was along u couldn't!?

I would NEVER EVER have gone shopping for Sherry when I was married!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

sometimes it seems the stars all align and give us a little break....sounds like a fun time "shopping" for shorts ......................Debra

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post

I would NEVER EVER have gone shopping for Sherry when I was married!
    I usually do not either. Except the one time with the family at the mall. I volunteered to take a bunch of packages back to the van and as I made my way through a local department store, I came across a large rack of beautiful gowns that were steeply marked down. I grabbed one, in my size, made it through the checkout and dashed to the van with the packages and my new gown. Hid it under one of the back seats. When I found the family my wife asked what took me so long. I got lost! Lol.

.......My Photos

It's a shame you could not buy any of them!

Karren, How do you handle the breast growth with a wife that is that firm with you?

Interestingly enough, Natalie, she has not said a single thing about my breast growth. But do not forget that this growth from an A-B cup to a D cup has occurred over a number of years. So everyone in my family group has seen them slowly grow and probably has not even noticed. But I do try to down play them a bit. In male mode, I do not go shirtless, I do not wear tight form fitting tops, and I wear mainly tees made of a heavier fabric. The tees are mens mediums and are not baggy but they do help smooth my profile out a bit. Still, there is no hiding them and I really do not try else I would be wearing some kind of compression undergarment.

The real test is going to be a family reunion next month with cousins I have not seen in decades. Stay tuned!

.......My Photos

Well done! Karren, way to take advantage of the situation in front of you. Good thing you found some shorts.

Platinum Member

The Buick Commercial

Hi Karen , That reminds me of the BUICK Commercial, ( That's So You ) >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    You're a lucky girl Karren. Made your day i'm sure. I'd have violated the prime directive, lol.

Has not happened for me (maybe I should try Target) but just before leaving on a trip last week, I was getting ready to order a short half slip online. The next day, I visited a local thrift shop to donate some electronics, and look for a couple more pairs of girl shorts. Found the shorts, checked another isle, and voila.. the perfect black short slip in front of me in my size.

Emily

Emily; those were my half slips. I just donated a couple of black half slips to a thrift shop

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Thanks Julie!
    I'll think of you when I wear them..

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    That's a great story, Karren.

Perhaps another fellow dresser with a more open situation and some experience and intuition offered an assist that day? Or an understanding woman that wanted to be indirectly supportive? Would be great "pay it forward" work on their part.

Might have to try similar stores here and pay more attention to fitting rooms in the future although unlikely to have nice garments in my size (22-24).
    Part-time crossdresser, full-time human

Going back to Target with the wife, this afternoon. Convinced her that I need to get a couple more pair of shorts and a few other items. Hoping for a repeat!

.......My Photos

Wow what a lucky day that was for you. Should have gone out and bought a lotto ticket too! Now I am curious to check out the dressing rooms.