Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning to Boy Mode

Returning to Drab Mode

Hiya Girls!

Just had this random thought a couple days ago. Not sure if this thread has been made before. It?s also more for those non full time gals who are mostly closeted or in DADT.

After those lengthy dressing sessions, how difficult is it for you to remove all those gorgeous things and return back to boy mode for you? How quickly do you make the adjustment not just physically but mentally as well? Also, what is your process?

I find that I can slip into my inner woman with relative ease. It does take a while to prepare for her arrival though (shaving, lotioning, and perfuming). But I find it emotionally and painfully difficult to switch back into boy mode. Just physically, I?ll have to remove any trace of make up and perfume, put all my feminine items away in their proper place, etc. Even putting on my boy clothes feels alien for the first few hours. I think part of this is still the lingering scent of my perfume still on my body, or the phantom feeling of false lashes and make up. I find myself missing the tugging of a bra strap on my shoulders or the loving touch of lace. It takes me a few hours to let go of who I am when I?m knee deep into my Kimberly Marie Cross mode. I?m more vulnerable and open minded. I allow certain privileges that I could never while in boy mode. There?s a long reflection period for me.

I just kinda wanted to see how you ladies cope with transforming back and forth.
    Last edited by CrossKimmy; 07-11-2023 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Title suggestion

Well, I tend to dress for about 7 hours 4 days a week. I go full out. Nails, makeup, wig and everything in-between.

When I am done, I shower to get my makeup off. (Mostly). Clean my nails or I might just leave it on. My mind set is mostly girl mode for the most part so I do not see a mind shift. During long bouts of non girl time, like 4 days I pretty antsy and I will ask my wife if it OK for me to doll up. She makes a grudge sound but lets me do it. We are actually having fun, I am sharing my wigs with her and she is knowing that I use some of her jewelry. It is a nice balance.

I do have a problem with bra lines on my body. We go to the pool after work and there are days that the marks are showing. Maybe I should go as Natalie and be done with it.

Platinum Member
    These days I live about 70:30 so I may not be the exact person to respond, but for me the change is fairly quick and easy. If i need to swap out of girl mode for some reason, it takes about the amount of time and effort as getting ready for bed. Some cosmetic wipes to remove makeup, pop off the nails if I am wearing any, and put wig, outfit and underthings back in my closet for the next wearing.

Mentally, I am pretty much the same person regardless, so no mental readjustment is required. That does not mean I am equally or even 70/30 ok with making the switch. I do feel a niggling of discomfort whenever I am obliged to present as male.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 07-13-2023 at 11:15 AM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I think that I know what you are talking about. I get to be Gracie about twice a week for about 4 to 6 hours so I'm in drab most of the time (although I am underdressed). I tend to put off returning to drab as long as I can. The process of removing clothing, makeup and my wig is somewhat depressing.

My wife and I were just on vacation at our cabin for an entire week. I spent 95% of the time in women?s clothing, including going in the lake in a swim dress. She made a comment that my clothing was strewn all over the porch (sunroom). I let her know that she brought more bras than I did. Come Sunday morning I packed it all up and drove home in boy clothing. Never even gave it a second thought.

I also find that returning to male mode after a full day dressed as Janine is terribly depressing. The worst part is removing the makeup and wig.

After being dressed and out and about for a few days, when I return to male mode, I find it very awkward to walk in flat shoes, doesnt bother me changing, becuase I know I will be back dressed in a day or so.

I find that the longer I am crossdressed, the more difficult it is for me to change back to drab. I don't want to change back. If I've only been dressed for a short time, it's pretty easy. If I've been dressed all day, I just don't want to change back. Of course, reality insists I must.

Retirement isn't too far off in the distance future. My wife and I have discussed this, and that early on in our retirement I might be crossdressed most of the time, but that this will likely fade to more of a balance. She's ok with this notionally, but will let me know how she feels (as she always does). I'm wondering what feeling I will have when I don't have to change back.

Changing back is tough for me

Good question, I like going back to male mode because everything is obviously is not real. For example, my wig, and no woman enjoys wearing panty hose all day at work and now I see why lol. OMG the fake hair holds so much heat. Secondly and just my opinion but your title for this post, I'd change to drab mode or male mode, just saying.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Natalie, go as Natalie!

Yes I can relate to this, I don't get to fully dress often but when I do and it's time to change back I struggle a lot mentally.

If I under dress (once or twice a week) that doesn't seem to affect me the same

Definitely have sad feelings when I have to go back to boy mode. I only get to dress occasionally so when I do I want to prolong the experience as long as possible.

Hi, Through the years I have developed a routine of getting up a couple of hours early on weekdays. My only male time is basically when I am at work and occasionally when I have family things to do. I live alone so I become Sylvia as soon as I get home each evening. I try to go to bed early and always sleep in panties, nightgown, and sports bra with my hair pulled up in a bun!
    I get up at five and am able to make coffee and sit out on the deck for a while as myself before getting ready for work. I love this life!!
    It is not too exciting for me to dress for work but have found a nice routine to make it bearable.

Banned Read only
    When my wife was still working and I was already retired I was able to be en femme every day she worked. It afforded me six to seven hours a day. The time was dependable. It did not bother me to don my male clothes again because a future session was assured. Then, my wife retired and wham no more dependable sessions. The Covid. Housebound with a non-accepting wife. Right now I am banging away on this keyboard attired in a black bra, panty and full slip under an ankle length short sleeve sun dress. My wife and I sleep apart and she is a late riser, so now I am able to sleep en femme and have limited morning sessions. I am resigned to this limitation. O got my head screwed on right.

Taking the wig off is especially hard. In today’s dynamic, I am never sure when the next time might be.next week? Next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Debs View Post
    After being dressed and out and about for a few days, when I return to male mode, I find it very awkward to walk in flat shoes, doesnt bother me changing, becuase I know I will be back dressed in a day or so.
    This is an interesting part of this conversation. There definitely are awkward physical things associated with transitioning back to drab. I too find it weird to walk in regular shoes after wearing heels for so long. I have that phantom feeling of my breast forms still weighing on my chest as well. These little things that linger for a while post glam sesh.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I believe this is one of the major differences between us CD's and u trans!

For us CD's our female side mostly comes off with our dresses, wigs, and make up!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I dress mainly during my working at home days, and have to change before my wife arrives home.
    If I’ve got something planned that I’m looking forward to after work, it’s not so bad.
    However, if not I often find it quite difficult.
    My mood can be quite low for a few hours afterwards.

It’s certainly created a new dynamic to the working day.
    I sometimes find myself quite looking forward to Monday morning, and that didn?t happen before Lucy was around

Returning to boy mode always makes me sad. It's easier if I know I'll have another day en femme in the near future, but even taking a break for an hour or two -- like, say, a trip to the office -- feels like a major imposition. Even in the week-long stints I've enjoyed the last year or two, I have never reached the end of the week and said, "Thank God I can stop wearing women's clothing for awhile." Instead, it takes me a week or two to stop sighing when I put on even the most colorful items from the boy side of my wardrobe.

Anytime I'm fully dressed and have to "undo" everything I feel sad and disappointed. It's like saying goodbye to a dear friend that I know I won't see again for awhile.

I usually take a minute to say "goodbye" to her/me in the mirror, express gratitude for the wonderful time and experience, and tell her she is beautiful, I love her, and can't wait to see her again. Then I move away from the mirror and undress, starting with my wig since without it I no longer feel that femme, so the taking off the rest becomes easier. I've found this ritual to be helpful in ending my dress-up time with a better feeling about things.

Although the Danielle day I have about every 2 weeks is very enjoyable and relaxing I have no problem reverting back to boy mode. I experience no sadness or depression and in fact I am on a bit of an endorphin high for several hours. But I do NOT enjoy the tedium of removing all the makeup, fake nails and packing away all the dresses, lingerie and shoes. I do look forward to the next Danielle and will plan ahead what I am going to wear but the anticipation is not stressful unlike years ago when a Danielle days could be 6 months or a year apart.

Much like Danielle and Sherry, I really don’t have a problem going back to drab.

I kind of enjoy the whole changing clothes and putting on and taking off of the clothes in general. Of course I prefer getting everything out and on more than taking off and putting things away. Sure I would generally enjoy staying en femme longer, but it really isn’t a problem for me to go back to myself when circumstances dictate it. That is, I enjoy being myself and my normal life, so no sadness or depression returning to it. Of course, I also enjoy playing dress up and being en femme, but it is more of a luxury/hobby/opportunity for me than a requirement.

Why do you need to have a boy mode? It does nothing but make you feel sad and inferior. Why not just stay in feminine male mode and wear what you want to wear? It took me over 50 years to realize this and I am much happier and don't feel trapped in some lame boy mode.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I do certainly feel a tinge of sadness when reverting back into boy mode. But then I just think about the next time and the excitement overcomes this.