Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Closeted CDs

I am soon to be single, and will have an upstairs closet for my girly stuff........

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky19 View Post
    I'm totally in the closet not even my SO knows. So I have a question for those living in the closet when living with people who do not know, where do you keep your clothes, mine are in a bag in the garage. I have no intention of letting my SO know that I dress if she finds out she finds out and I will cross that bridge when and if it arises,.so that is where my clothes will stay when not in use.
    Perhaps for a separate thread. But the sooner your wife knows. the easier the rest of your life will be. Secrets from your closest partner are a recipe for stress and long term mostly damage relationships. She will find out. Be sure of that and prepare.

I?m living in a pretty small closet at the moment. Unfortunately my SO came close to finding my secret wardrobe when I returned from a business trip, so I panicked and purged! Luckily I didn?t lose a lot as I only had one dress and a couple of panties. Since then, I haven?t had an opportunity for a few days away from home so my CD closet is back in my own mind again, as I?ve been living for years. Perhaps one day?

My gf knows (and accepts) me wearing panties, but I never shared with her my desire to wear more, much more. I'm trying to work up the courage, or find the right moment...

I?m still in the closet as well. I have managed to go out fully dressed with makeup and walked through a few local stores a few times. Got one or two looks and actually received a compliment from a saleswoman. Made my day. I?m always careful and lucky so far.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I?m the same way Becky19. My wife doesn?t know and my clothing and makeup is in an empty tool box in my workshop.

Hey Jodiee
    I'm in a simular situation. I haven't dressed in over 12 years. Since then I met and married my wife. And until recently, I haven't haven't been caught in the pink fog. I used to wear bras filled with various homemade breast forms, panties, nighties, nylons and various lingerie. Over the past year or 2 my marriage hasn't been that good. (Story for another time) and I am definitely not ready to tell her.
    I have recently started to create a hidden cabinet in my garage and now I'm looking to start a new wardrobe for Tiffany.

I'm completely in the closet and i'm not interested in my family or friends knowing. I would like to find a partner that would be understanding but I don't think I would be able to come out to her. I've also considered letting a therapist know, but don't know what I would gain from that. I get to dress maybe once a year since I don't live alone and have purged many times over the years.

Rochelle, stop purging. You're just wasting money As to finding a partner, if it's someone new to you ... what's the potential loss in telling them? Ok it takes a bit of courage. But, you will never find what you want if you don't ask for it. I told my (now) wife when we had been dating a couple of months. It has worked out very well. If it hadn't I would have broken up with her immediately and moved on to the next. I'd gotten to a point of my life where I was sick of being treated poorly for being a crossdresser, and I wasn't going to be with someone who didn't accept me...all of me. It's your life, but I should think being you is very important.

Same here I crossdress for myself and no one else matters as its for my own satisfaction.

Thanks again everyone for all your insights and stories. Great to hear everyone's perspectives and experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by drobert44 View Post
    I am soon to be single, and will have an upstairs closet for my girly stuff........
    If I was single, I would have a whole pink room upstairs, not just a closet. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy View Post
    Unfortunately my SO came close to finding my secret wardrobe when I returned from a business trip, so I panicked and purged! Luckily I didn't lose a lot as I only had one dress and a couple of panties.
    My wife came home from church early actually found me packing a bra in my suitcase before going on a trip. There was a lot of "drama" that day. It was a day that I'd like to forget.

I thought that my wife would go on a "search and destroy" mission as soon as I went to the airport. I'm kind of a pack rat and don't like purging. In fact, I have never purged.

I had a couple of days before leaving, so I got a storage locker and move most of my firl stuff (3 or 4 small boxes worth) to a storage locker. I left a few things in place around the house so she could find them on her "search and destroy" and think that she got everything. But all the good stuff was in the storage locker before I left town.

I don't know if she searched but she didn't destroy. By the time I came back, the temperature in the house was a little lower that when she discovered the bra.

Lesson: Don't purge. Just find a better hiding place. Or get a storage locker and find a friend who's not too nosy.

I've offered a few people to add their stuff to my storage locker and ship it back to them if they changed their mind later. However, my 5' x 5' storage is pretty much filled to the brim. I even managed to acquire 4 wedding dresses off of eBay and put them in my storage locker. I really need to go by there and toss (not purge) some clothes that I will never wear.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

That sounds a great compromise to under-dress! I wear M&S knickers (my only purchase, made in-store) most days and a strappy vest (hand-me-down from my wife). I don't have a bra (or anything else for that matter) yet. Undressing for me is like a shield that says F-U to social norms of "being a man" that I don't want any more - I might present like every other man dressed in the dull clothes we have, but underneath I'm more .

I'm happy to be a man, just not most of the male BS that goes along with it.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Being new on this forum coming from r/crossdressers, etc, I am struck how many people here are closeted. Isn't this a bit sad that we have to hide our true selves away? I understand, but I think so. Quite lonely if we can't come out cleanly to our SO and can't (even if only occasionally) go out to say a friendly bar. Lonely. The "friend" that oiled the hinges for me to open the CD door for me seems to be ghosting me now, my wife and I are in early stages. I had a pretty good chat with my GP and it was a relief to talk to somebody non-judgemental.

Up until joining here yesterday I had assumed, from Reddit "indoctrination", that my end-goal would be full CD, nearly whenever I want, out in public solo or with my wife. Now, I see there's an alternative. Any alternative does need to allow me to be myself (in general not just CD) as I've been a closeted "good boy" all my life and it's horrid!

This topic makes me thankful for this website. I'm single and have one adult child living at home. Se made the mistake of going in my room and seeing my closet full of women's clothe. She and one GG know about my dressing. I underdress everyday since i work alone and I sleep in a nightgown every night. If I know my daughter is going to be out of the house for an extended period of time, I will dress. I don't do make up or wigs though.
    I do like Debs does sometimes. Get dressed up and put on my warm ups and go to the drive in theater here in Ft Worth. Set up the bed of my truck and pop in my breast forms and peel off my warm ups and enjoy the movie dressed. Several times a year I get an air bnb for the weekend and stay dressed there. A few weeks ago I went to a bnb at the beach and drove to a deserted area at night and sat on the tailgate of my truck in one of my favorite dresses, even walked out into the gulf about waist deep.
    I do have a pinball machine at home and have posted on doublelist inviting other dressers over to play pinball while dressed, but they usually chicken out.
    Would be nice to have friends to dress with in person, but I like my closet too.

when i was married the first time i had a full colection of all types of womens cloths, heels anpolish and makeup
    iused to wear a womens 2 pc in my pool
    now iam limited to abra and panties daily
    ido have 44c breasts

Thanks everyone for sharing, I love reading these and its nice to know that I can relate to so many others out there. As I read peoples experiences and sense of courage, it motivates me to want to take the next steps in my journey. I shared in another post that I just ordered some things for myself and it has been YEARS since I have done that. Talking with other girls in the area with hopes of potentially meeting up and getting some help.

I can relate to a lot who dress secretly and I respect those who choose not to share that with others in their lives. I think I am at that point for the time being too. I dont know if I would want my significant other to see me like that, and would much rather do it with others who can relate. As I've said before, discovering this forum has been a great experience for me and I've learned so much and gained so much understanding of things I did not before. Especially about myself. So thank you all!

I still dress secretly.

Every night I dress in women's pajamas or a lacy top and pants to go to bed.

I'll dress in a bra and panties some days. Sometimes under a shirt and sweats, other times I'll wear a dress with pantyhose, or even a garter belt and thigh-highs.

Right now I think my dressing is best described as quasi-closeted. I am lucky enough to have a supportive, even encouraging (she sometimes buys me things) SO, but I hadn't dressed much over the summer and now find I feel awkward/silly again being dressed in front of her. Kind of like when I first told her about me. If I know she will be dropping by I return to man mode (on the outside, anyway). I think she might be more comfortable with Fi than sometimes I am.

My dressing was always known to my late wife and she participated in it by helping me purchase my wardrobe. She had one condition and that I didn't leave the house dressed. So if that is considered being closeted, then that is what I am. I haven't had the urge to leave the house dressed for years. Except for the backyard at night to yell at the dogs.