Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving 24 hrs in 2 days alone. Fem comfy or fem dress up?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I wear skin toned tites every time I dress. At home or out, Summer, Winter, day or nite. My legs never perspire. But, then, I'm fairly slim.

So even wearing silicone crop tops I seldom have over heating issues!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

hello Beano,
    that is a lot of driving. I would recommend comfortable clothing within your comfort zone, but definitely no heels!
    luv J

If it was me this would be a dream. Dress and comfy shoes.
    Amanda

One thing no one has mentioned is the skirt. The first time I drove dressed I wore a midi jean skirt that was kind of tight around the calves. I had to learn how to get out of the car without falling or exposing myself and I had to shorten my stride to match the skirt hem.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    I once drove from New England ro Florida looking all pretty in a nice outfit. Never again. There's a reason why so many American women walk around looking like they just rolled out of bed: comfort!!! I finally gave in and accepted that reality. When driving long distance the uniform comes out, leggings, t-shirt, sneakers. Let's go!

I would opt for comfort as I did this past week. I wore jeans, tennis shoes, a 3/4 sleeve top, makeup, wig, press on nails, basic jewelry, panties, bra, and forms. I enjoyed the femme apparel with total comfort. My intent is to blend as best as I can and I think I accomplished that goal.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Thank you all for your wonderful replies. Here is the update. In all honesty, I lost my nerve. I packed a comfy skirt, leggings, couple of cute tops, forms, hip pads, wig, brought my makeup. Shaved my chest, worked on some very passable cleavage and was very much looking forward to the trip. I left the house underdressed ( as always) and started my trip with the idea I would change later in the car.

I did not. For me, the goal has always been to be passable. I do not think I am. My thoughts started to lean towards the negative self talk of, " I'm clearly a man dressed as a woman, I'm not pretty, I have no right to push my desire to be seen as a woman on strangers" then the thoughts went a bit darker, to " This is purely sexual foreplay and its terrible to make others part of it, Its metal illness". Yuck. So, I just drove, and drove and drove. Once I decided not to fully dress, the thoughts receded and I was able to manage the drive nicely. I really have no idea how to push past those thoughts, I have tried twice, and failed both times. I need to spend some time working thru why I even care if complete strangers, that I will never see again, clock me. Why should that matter at all to me? But, it does. Uggg.

Beano, I get it. I really do. I constantly second guess myself, and very frequently talk myself out of it. I have zero chance to be passable, I know it, and I try hard to be in public, be safe, but not be seen. Mutually exclusive requirements usually. So, I talk myself out of it far more often than not. But...but...

You are NOT pushing foreplay onto other people. Maybe there's a byproduct of dressing that causes satisfaction for yourself, but nobody is involved in that. AT ALL.

You are NOT suffering from a mental illness. You are you, born this way, there isn't any changing it than you can change your blood type. There is nothing wrong about being YOU. There is nothing wrong about you being a MIAD and my than there is anything wrong with you being a man in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

You do NOT have to be passable. If the goal is to be passable, and if you're anything like me, you'll never reach the goal. Set realistic goals.

You do NOT have to be pretty to anyone else. Be you. All the other positions are taken.

I'm glad you managed the drive well!

I'm finally me; I'm free. LisaMarieDayton's Avatar
    I'm driving from Ohio to Florida next week. I'm just going to wear a summer dress or Jean shorts and t-shirt. I'm all about being comfy on long drives!

I would make the trip a few days longer, 12 hours is way too much driving. Commercial drivers are only allowd 11 hours of driving per day and most only make it about 10 hours. It has been proven that after 9.5 and 10 hours that drowsiness starts setting in and your mind starts to wander. been there, done that. and in canada commercial is allowed 13 hours. stay safe and take a few hours off.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaMarieDayton View Post
    I'm driving from Ohio to Florida next week. I'm just going to wear a summer dress or Jean shorts and t-shirt. I'm all about being comfy on long drives!
    I did the opposite drive in May. But in guy mode. Looking at your screen name, I suspect I was visiting your home town. Found most of the trip on I-75 boring until I got up into the mountainous area. I did stop and a couple of Bucee's along the way for good prices on gas and interesting food options.

Hope you've planned an overnight stop rather than a straight through drive. And avoid Atlanta, no matter what Waze says.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I'm finally me; I'm free. LisaMarieDayton's Avatar
    Jenn, I'm going to go through Alabama and avoid Georgia lol. Definitely going to stop for the night!

I'm getting so old. I hate the thought of a 12 hour drive, much less 2 on consecutive days. I'd plan bathroom stops ahead of time instead of having to take whatever is available when the need arises. Go before you need to. I've done the dress and heels all-out thing on 5 hour drives, but these days there's no way I'd do that. I'd wear shorts and a loose top (like a peasant top). I don't know what you have to do when you get there, but if you can get away with it, I'd get a mani-pedi before I left and wear sandals or flip flops. I'd dress that up with jewelry.

For me, this requires more planning than doing it in male mode. Plan. Think about what it's going to be like checking into a hotel after 12 hours on the road. Pack some male clothes in case you need them on the way as well as makeup wipes and nail polish remover. Just sayin'. I understand the excitement of going with no male alternative, but you've got to be real. Stuff happens.

Aspiring Member
    24 hours in two days. For me, that would be Seattle to Denver with an overnight in Bozeman. There will be snow somewhere along that route any day of the year. Comfort for the win.

But really, for that distance, going on a business trip alone, that is what airlines are for. Not comfortable from airport to airport and clothing cannot mitigate that but the discomfort will be relatively brief.

What I wore the last time I tried a long trip by car en femme, it was Portland to Spokane on I84 and US395, about eight hours in early winter. I wore a loose tunic with a light jacket, leggings, and riding boots. Comfort for the win. In the seat beside me, I had my big parka, thick hat, heavy scarf, and mittens. I stocked up my full winter car trouble kit because the route is through the desert where even small towns are rare. BTW, I am driving Spokane to the Oregon coast tomorrow. Again, comfort for the win. Wish me luck.

LisaMarieDayton,

Try stopping in Hoover, AL just below B'ham. A castle of a Renassiance Hotel. Real class.
    during my traveling days I spent over a hundred nights there (1st guess to do so). We still
    stay there a couple of times a year. PM me if you want details.

Davina

I thought about doing this on one of my frequent out and back trips in the morning but then my car broke down and I needed to have it towed. That's kinda thrown cold water on the idea.

If you already made your drive, hope it went well and you were able to enjoy some of it en femme. As for the leg hair issue, most GGs I know avoid panty hose in hot weather if they can for a reason! If you can't shave and the hair is extremely obvious go with a nice cool maxi sun dress and sandals. It makes a very comfortable and cute outfit.

That sounds like fun, especially the dress! It will be interesting when you stop for gas and snacks!
    Last edited by char GG; 08-27-2023 at 08:51 PM. Reason: No need to quote the original poster

Personally, I would wear a cute short skirt, v-neck tee and cute pointy toe flats or sandals.