Thread: AirBnB curiosity

Banned Read only

AirBnB curiosity

So, I belong to an Airbnb Host Group and we exchange advice, ideas, etc about running our AirBnBs. Just a few days ago, a fellow host posted the following gem. Talk amongst yourselves:

Should I accept?

Just got this message from a woman who is requesting to stay at my place for five nights:

"I am a successful business person during the week and a gorgeous woman on the weekends. I just love being a pretty princess."

She has no reviews. Her message seems a little strange, is it me? I really don't like to accept requests from people who have no reviews but I don?t even know what to say to this woman to decline because I have nothing to go off of.

Update: I asked her what would be bringing her to my town. Her reply:

"I want to meet a woman who is willing to guide me into womanhood. Women are superior to men and I've always wanted to be perfect like them. I love fashion and love dressing up in different looks. I*ve got a passion for beautiful peignoirs that celebrate my feminine persona so if I visit you I will be elegant sophisticated and happy. It's okay if you think I'm weird. I understand."

I have not responded, I just declined the booking and explained to AirBnb that not only does this person have an unusual message and didn't answer my question about why she's visiting the area, but she has no information about herself and I don't feel safe hosting them. It's not all about the money, for some people asking why I care and to just take the money. I don't need this airbnb money. I merely rent out half of my home to throw extra money at my mortgage. Being that I live my house while I have guests, my safety and feeling comfortable in my own home are the top priorities.
    Last edited by MonicaPVD; 07-23-2023 at 05:46 PM.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Sounds like a crossdressing or transitioning person that dips her toes in the kink lifestyle waters and is quite open about it. Perhaps hoping to win the lottery and finding an airbnb host that participates in the kinky lifestyle.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 07-23-2023 at 06:51 PM.

Maybe you should have said, Give me the persons contact information, I have no issue with that at all. Assuming you do not have an issue with it.
    I think it could very well be someone from our community.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    Sounds bogus (at best). Those are not things one would feel necessary to share with an AirBNB host. Definitely one to decline.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

In my view, an AirBnB business owner should be allowed to refuse business from anybody for whatever reason. If they are uncomfortable or just dont feel like renting to that particular person, all up to them.
    But I am curious what it is about this request that makes your fellow host feel unsafe? "Uncomfortable" is subjective, and someone outside the T community might be uncomfortable with any of "us" which is fine IMHO, but unsafe doesnt quite make sense to me.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Just too much shared info by someone with no track record. Not responding was the correct choice, imo.

Banned Read only
    Way too much information. The person requesting the accommodations was clearly enveloped in pink fog. The prospective host is trying to rent a unit, not guide a random guest into womanhood. Way too much information. Also, why did the host say they felt unsafe? Because it's 2023 and the word uncomfortable has been replaced by unsafe in our woke American vocabulary.

Sounds like this one needs a CD BnB if there is such a thing. Yet to not answer questions, no back ground and to sound so deep in the pink fog it's best to pass. Scary thing having strangers stay in your place and this world is getting stranger by the hour. Safety first. Good Call.

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    I agree Monica that is an unusual amount of information. Can't blame the host for declining.

I have stayed at a very nice AirBnB in the Dallas area to meet with the local girls there for some of their monthly get togethers. If I remember, I told him I was visiting with girlfriends and some shopping, which is exactly what I did while there.
    When I am there, it's 24 / 7 girl mode. Have met him 2 or 3 times, in the common kitchen area. Nothing but nice.

Emily

Always follow your gut instinct ALWAYS.

Her second reply is really over the top TMI.
    Last edited by Di; 07-24-2023 at 06:30 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Seems a bit weird to me as well.

Sandi

Banned Read only
    It could be, if this is her first Airbnb rent that she has no clue what to divulge. I would not have rented out a room in my personal residence to her. Yes, TMI, but that may be because she wants her host to know she will be en femme, although way too much info as to personal slant on life. If you're uneasy, then follow your gut instincts.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "I want to meet a woman who is willing to guide me into womanhood."-----------------
    That remark alone from a stranger creeps me out!

Monica, I think u r very brave to allow strangers inside your home. I couldn't do that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sounds like someone who needs a makeover service not a BnB
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I agree with Chery T. Makeover or transformation!

This person was definitely over the top and seemed to have an agenda.

My lady friend's AirBnB is also in her home, (which I think is a risky move). She had a guy who we think was a CDer because she found a dangly earring that wasn't hers and a huge bag of clothing for a four day stay. She left a note asking him if it was his earring. He freaked out and left two days early. However, before he left, he took her bed apart and propped it up against the wall.

If you aren't totally comfortable with the responses you get, deny the booking. You lose some control once they are in your house.
    Last edited by char GG; 07-24-2023 at 01:07 PM.

Wow, talk about TMI!

I understand why the prospective renter felt the need to disclose the CDing, since the property obviously is a room in a shared home and not the entire home. But if I were that CDer, I would have simply limited my explanation to saying that I dress in clothing of the opposite sex. The last thing I would want if I were a CDer sharing an Airbnb home with the host, would be to not say anything and then show up dressed. I would not want to take the chance that the host in the shared home might have an unpleasant reaction. Or, I would simply look for an entire home Airbnb (not also occupied by the host) and not offer any explanation. If asked the purpose of my visit I would say that I’m visiting friends in the area rather than say I’m getting away for a clandestine CDing session with another CDer.

Nevertheless, if I were the host I would decline the request based on the fact that the prospective renter has no reviews and not because they crossdress and feel the need to tell the world all about their personal business, although I do agree that sharing a home with someone who doesn’t seem to have any personal boundaries could be disquieting.
    Reine

A person with that little self awareness is certainly not someone who I would invite into my home. That's what motels are for...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

I was not aware that with some Airbnb’s you just rent a room in someone’s home. That does put a different spin on things.
    Crissy

I've stayed at many an airbnb/vacation rental. I've never had to request permission to stay, merely had to book the stay. There have been a few times that I asked the owner/manager if this place offered privacy (reading between the lines I was asking if the neighbors will see me naked), and always received quick responses regardless of the answer. I don't understand why the need to ask instead of just booking, and I don't understand why the prospective renter would assume that someone would be there to help him become a her.

(edit) I just reread, I see that this would be in your home (I never considered staying at one of those for the above mentioned privacy issue). Is there any chance this person could know that you're CD and assume you'd want to help with his/her transition?
    Last edited by OrdinaryAverageGuy; 07-25-2023 at 04:57 PM.

While I have never stayed at and AirBnb the response just sounds weird. I'm not sure why someone would have to detail that much info to stay a few days. That on top of someone not having any reviews, I'd say you made the right call.

As much as it does sound wierd it also sounds like someone pretty much putting all the cards on the table of what to expect. I believe it's like calling a local bar and seeing if it's a Gender friendly place. Still a lit to much info for someone just looking for a place for a few nights.

When it feels "off", trust that spidey sense.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving