Thread: How about the idea of a "getaway" or a "boot-camp"?

How about the idea of a "getaway" or a "boot-camp"?

Hi everyone,

I posted this question in one of the other portals a couple of years ago or so. Posting it here.

I have been seeing a lot of boot-camps for many things. There is a boot camp for weight loss, boot camp for religious studies, boot camp for changing careers, blah blah blah. That made me wonder, are there any boot camps that can help us with connecting to our inner ?us?? For me, there is always a feeling of missing something may be the way I am walk, the way I talk or the way I feel settled and connect more with the real ?Me?. Perhaps, it?s my problem, perhaps it?s all in my mind alone. But I often wish, there was this boot-camp or a weekend get-away that would walk us through different stages of life such as wearing your first ? prom dress may be, first wedding gown may be. I may be not capturing the idea entirely as such into words here, but if you get what I mean ? a place for us to live and experience the life of a woman through out the clock. Wouldn?t that be amazing? I know there are places and feminization services that does this - but most of the places I have seen, it is only for a few hours until they take pictures and all. I know some people here are very confident in themselves and some are already progressing to the next step. But, for the in between, when things would not workout but if I at least want to live as "the real myself" for a couple of days, I could not stop thinking if there was any place.

So, Are you aware of any such boot camps or getaways? Curious to know

Thanks,
    Shanthi

I'm finally me; I'm free. LisaMarieDayton's Avatar
    There is a conference called Southern Comfort. It could be found on Google if you add transgender to the search. =)
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."-- Anais Nin.

After you have 10 posts, more sections will open up to you: A couple of them are - Places to Go, Places to Meet and Upcoming Events that may be the kind of events that you are looking for.
    Last edited by char GG; 07-25-2023 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks for sharing that LisaMarieDayton

Thanks char GG I knew that I had to wait for ten posts for the forum, but didn't knew we had a section for that. I will explore that soon.

There is one, in Provincetown, in October. It is Called Fantasia Fair. www.transweek.org
    Last edited by April Rose; 07-25-2023 at 02:20 PM.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I like the idea of a Boob Camp!

There's also Keystone in Harrisburg, PA, and many others.

There are also local CD/TG groups. I went out with one of my groups on Saturday. There were about 30 to 40 girls there, plus a few spouses. There was also one member from here there also.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Platinum Member
    I did my eight weeks of basic training. Not in this context, of course. Perhaps that experience sours me on the idea of boot camps for any purpose.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kimdl93, I'm right there with you. Been there, done that, have the abdominal hernia to prove it. The idea of a "boot camp" isn't very appealing

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Shanthi, it depends on where u live. But, there r many multi day trans experience around the country. Vegas may have the 2 biggest? |

Wild Side in May had about 200 girls. Then, Diva Las Vegas in Oct. usually has over 125 girls. Both r week long dressing events! Some of the gatherings r private. Where wedding dresses or neglige r appropriate. There r also some relaxed, group dinners. But, also some wild, public, affairs!

I've attended both many times and they were the most incredible Sherry times of my life! But, the best part is the interesting girls u meet there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Shanthi, there are also services that will do a transformation for you. They will teach you how to apply makeup, for example.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Hello Shanthi,
    A boot camp for crossdressers sounds fabulous - as long as they are boots are thigh-length high-heeled ones!
    luv J

Quote Originally Posted by valerie anne View Post
    I like the idea of a Boob Camp!
    Sign me up for this one. LOL
    Crissy

Banned Read only
    I watched "Casa Suzanna" the other night which describe the venue for cross dressers to check into a hotel like facility for a stay in the Catskill Mountain area of upstate New York. That would be the ideal set up for meeting other cross dressers and their wives. It was an atmosphere of mingling with like minded individuals. There are events that are held every year but I am not aware of any "Casa Suzanna" resorts. There is an annual event in Port Angeles, WA that is a week long event called "Esprit Gala." It has been held at the same hotel for a very long time. The girls will even take the ferry boat to Canada for a day.

My situation is such that I couldn't attend anyway, but I like to think that there could be an "immersion workshop" or whatever you'd like to call it - where the attendees are given personalized (or nearly so) instruction on every aspect of transformation to a more feminine presentation. This would include things like:

wardrobe: what works for your body, what's currently in style, sizing explained, mixing/matching colors, etc.
    makeup: how to do your own, what colors are best, how to apply, etc.
    deportment: how to walk, sit, eat, etc.
    Voice: what can/can't be accomplished - pitch, vocabulary, modulation, etc.
    and who knows what else.

I'm imagining this not so much as a bunch of "workshops" with large groups and discussing one topic at a time. I see it more as some sort of tutorship where the "new girl" gets a few days to try learning what GG's have had years to practice.
    Maybe sort of like the finishing schools that girls used to get sent to? Lapses get called out immediately "Sit up straight. Don't slouch. Your lipstick is smeared. Etc."
    For (however long the sessions last) the new girl is expected to be a properly presentable lady. 24/7
    OH - and ideally, there would be opportunities to try on/buy new things such as outfits, makeup, forms, or wigs. (maybe under guidance again?)

Like I said before, I'm in a situation where even if this existed, I wouldn't be able to attend.
    But - I can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    There is one, in Provincetown, in October. It is Called Fantasia Fair. www.transweek.org
    Thanks for sharing that

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    There's also Keystone in Harrisburg, PA, and many others.

There are also local CD/TG groups. I went out with one of my groups on Saturday. There were about 30 to 40 girls there, plus a few spouses. There was also one member from here there also.
    Thank you for sharing that. This is possibly something I would try to get more information. I live may be three hours or so drive from here. So, possibly that will help me with the baby steps too

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    My situation is such that I couldn't attend anyway, but I like to think that there could be an "immersion workshop" or whatever you'd like to call it - where the attendees are given personalized (or nearly so) instruction on every aspect of transformation to a more feminine presentation. This would include things like:

wardrobe: what works for your body, what's currently in style, sizing explained, mixing/matching colors, etc.
    makeup: how to do your own, what colors are best, how to apply, etc.
    deportment: how to walk, sit, eat, etc.
    Voice: what can/can't be accomplished - pitch, vocabulary, modulation, etc.
    and who knows what else.

I'm imagining this not so much as a bunch of "workshops" with large groups and discussing one topic at a time. I see it more as some sort of tutorship where the "new girl" gets a few days to try learning what GG's have had years to practice.
    Maybe sort of like the finishing schools that girls used to get sent to? Lapses get called out immediately "Sit up straight. Don't slouch. Your lipstick is smeared. Etc."
    For (however long the sessions last) the new girl is expected to be a properly presentable lady. 24/7
    OH - and ideally, there would be opportunities to try on/buy new things such as outfits, makeup, forms, or wigs. (maybe under guidance again?)

Like I said before, I'm in a situation where even if this existed, I wouldn't be able to attend.
    But - I can dream.
    Actually, this is exactly what I was talking about. It might be so hard for people to notice, but the other day, I overheard a mother giving advice to her daughter to adjust her hair so that she can play comfortably. These are very small things that we would think - oh I do not need someone to tell me that, yet, when there is a person to help with noticing those small things, it would suddenly feel - "My god, how did I miss that?"

@AlwaysShave has also suggested about feminine transformation services - Thanks for that. I have been blessed to go to one of these actually. I have been to Elizabeth Taylor in the DC area and that was definitely one of the best things that happened in my life.

I will second Steffi's recommendation of Keystone. It can be a(n almost) full-week immersion experience. There are four full days of programs, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn new things. There is even a program for first-timers to help them get acclimated. I look forward to it every year. The other conferences mentioned will also be similar, but I've never attended them, so can't give a personal recommendation.