Thread: I went out in public en femme.... sort of

I went out in public en femme.... sort of

A couple of months ago I went to a Ren Fair and bought a Scottish dress from that time period. I had so much fun wearing it, the second time I went to the Ren Fair I did not want to take it off after the festival was closed for the day. I only took off the corset so I would be able to drive. But everything else stayed on, including wig and breast forms.
    As I was very close to home, I thought about stopping at the gas station to get a drink, knowing full well that people might see me. I had been wanting to experiment with this, going out in public dressed up like a lady, but had only done it at Ren Fairs. I decided since I was going to be in and out quickly, that I would stop at the gas station. A couple of people did put an eye on me, and it gave me a thrill them seeing me this way. I do not know if they were looking at me because they saw a man dressed up as a woman, or because of the style of clothes I was wearing, but I suspected it was a little of both. I took my time and lived in the moment, basically pretending I didn't know they saw me. Either way, I intend to try something like this again in the future.
    Last edited by RainbowDash; 07-28-2023 at 01:52 PM.

congratz....this counts....seems to be a first step for many....enjoy the progression....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I'd take the win, well done. I only been out twice full femme and that was an early morning drive and walk along the beach. Not brave enough to take a shop or interaction yet. Good on ya!

Congrats RainbowDash! I think that counts as a victory

We have a rather large ren faire in our region that we go to most years. I find it humorous to see sooooo many men dressed in kilts. It's like half the world suddenly became Scottish! I'm quite sure there's quite a lot of crossdressers among them who are taking the opportunity to safely crossdress (sort of) in public. The appeal of that is not lost on me; I just don't have a kilt. I mean, I have skirts...but no kilt.

Sounds like fun outings

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Sounds like fun outings

You have crossed the proverbial rubicon... a victory indeed...congrats!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

There ya go !, first steps, now its time to walk, you have done the hard bit your first time out in public alone !!, very well done girl. It will now buzz round your mind about how you do it again but for longer and what will your wear ??, where will you go, shall I go out to a pub or do I go out shopping in public to a mall maybe, what makeup shall I wear ?, etc, these are at least some of the 1 million thoughts that are now in your head with a massive adrenaline rush going through your body, its amazing isnt it. Once again well done girl.

RainbowDash, You realize there is no turning back now.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Once the genie is out of it's bottle there's no putting it back. Plus this wasn't a "sort of" out enfemme. Out in public is just that, out in public no matter what the duration. You did it.

So what's to follow? I'm sure you're making plans. Browsing the clothing racks perhaps?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Congrats on your first outing! My only two times I've been public has been at the local Pride events and I wore my Victorian dresses. I had a friend drive me back and forth to get to the event and I got lots of praise for how I looked. It was definitely a safe place to dress up at. A Ren Fair would be a little more of a challenge, but it sounds like it was a success for you!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm glad u had a pleasant 1st, vanilla, outing, RD!

In my experience they can be very stressful and not always so enervating!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Congrats on the success of your outing. You?re definitely on a new sojourn. The pink fog will probably help. I?ve done the crawl, walk, run, sprint, but now, I?m ?sort of? en feminine? daily, always with panties, hose, bra and a little makeup. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I have been out in the past, a long time ago. I was chatting to a guy, who suggested we go out, like that day. I was so nervous but excited as well. I took ages getting ready, thinking, what if I get spotted?
    I asked to be picked up round the side of my garage so no one could see me get in the car. I went out the back door and the first thing that hit me was the feel of the air on my skin, on my legs, blowing my hair (wig) I felt so alive!
    He parked as I asked and I sneaked into his car, feeling scared an neighbour may see me, and excited at the same time. He had a soft top car and put the top down. We drove to a local country park and he stopped/ He said I looked beautiful. We got out of the car, and I was very scared as there were other cars in the car park and people about. I took a while to get out of the car!
    We went for a walk, just a short distance, and as I walked with him, I could feel my confidence grow. No one looked at me, I was invisible, all the feelings of anxiety dissipated and I felt comfortable, excited and at home. We walked a while and drove back to my home, same exit of the car and run round the outside to the back and in safe. Phew!
    I took a couple of selfies while I was in the car and I looked happy in them. I felt great and I shall do it again, probably.

Welcome Carina! Sounds like you had a great time Make "a long time ago" a "today" Life is short!

It counts. Congratulations!
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

That's a win for sure. Had not thought of dressing at a Ren Fair. Great idea.

Ren Fairs are famous for plenty of guys dressing up in ladies' outfits. Everyone who is there, customers and employees alike, expect to see at least a few guys dressed up in ladies' clothing, as well as women dressing up like men. For this reason, a Ren Fair is very much considered a safe haven for those male-to-female crossdressers who are still in the closet and who so desperately desire to go out in public dressed like a lady. No fear of people making snide remarks behind your back. Or fear of getting teased or possibly even beaten up by other guys. You can walk around proudly, strut your stuff, and just enjoy yourself like a lady.
    While I'm here, I should point out that there is a McDonald's a mile and a half away from the Ren Fair which lots of people go to eat before and after the fair closes. Many times I have gone into the place, ordered food, and sat down to eat. Hardly anyone batted an eye at me, but I suspect this is because they know I just came from the Ren Fair.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-02-2023 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post just before yours

Well, RainbowDash, you now know the key to going out. "Pretend you don't notice them"
    If they do come up and start talking to you ,your reply will be the same voice as if you we dressed as a man. Do not worry about your voice, many tall woman have deeper voices. what is more important is what and how you say things Keep your elbow near your body, hand facing forward as if you were carrying a purse on your forearm.
    The most important thing is to stay in character.
    "All the world is a stage and we all are performers on that stage".
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

congrats on doing that RaidbowDash. Where does this Ren Fair happen?

North Texas in Waxahachie in April and May. They have them all over the United States during different times of the year. Obviously they do not hold them in the summer because it's too hot. I will be going to another Ren Fair down in South Texas in October and November,

I went to one in April in Atlanta area.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.