Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first public outing is planned.

My first public outing is planned.

My first public outing is now planned. After some recent conversations wife my lovely wife Deanna, she has said if I want to go out dressed I should, but not locally. I live in the UK and have done some research about places that may be more sympathetic to crossdressers. The Village in Manchester seems the best choice for me to try. My stepdaughter is very excited about my plans and supportive of my dressing. On telling her of my plans she wants to come with us. We live some 5 hours drive from Manchester so I plan to leave our home town and change in the car on the way. That way I can't back out on changing after arriving at the hotel. I have booked us some nice rooms in the Velvet Hotel right in the village. My amazing wife without telling me has booked me a makeover on arrival so I can look my best to venture out in the evening for a meal and drinks. I an so nervous as I have never been out of the house. But looking forward to it as well. A few of the lovely girls here on the site have offered to show us around the village which is amazing and so generous to offer their support. But I have declined
    Because as this is such a massive step for my wife and myself, I would mostly for my wife's sake be free to just dip our toe's in the water first and make sure she is comfortable in the bars we visit. I think I will just be enjoying it so much lol. I would love to bump into some of the lovely girls from here though, so will be scanning faces all the time. These girls have given me so much practical help and advice, hotels, shopping, makeovers, parking places to go. It is largely due to them that I feel able to make this huge step. I am sure they will know who they are if they read this. The love and support of my beautiful wife and stepdaughter is impossible to put into words how I feel about it. This trip is not for a few weeks but my wife has had me trying on different dresses to see which I should take. She has short listed 6 dresses and 2 other outfits for the trip which is 1 night and 2 days lol. So I will have to cut that down as I won't be able to get them all in my suitcase. There were things that I didn't have such as a shoulder bag, the wife has lent me a beautiful black leather Biba shoulder bag. If you are old enough to remember Biba lol. Bought a purse, and a jacket as hoping the weather will be nice. So think I am sorted now, just counting the days. Sorry if I have waffled on a bit just excited. Thank you for reading this girls.
    Stephanie.
    Last edited by StephanieCD; 07-31-2023 at 04:11 PM.

I think that is wonderful.

I have a relationship at home I can dress as I want almost anytime. I asked my wife about us stepping out as 2 women but she is reluctant because she is afraid of seeing people that knows us in this town of 400,000 people. We run into people all the time when we are out as a couple. So, I can see her concern.

Maybe we can do a daytrip together away as girls in the future. LV or Palm Springs are Trans friendly places. You seem to be a few steps ahead of me / us.

Stephanie,

You'll all have a lovely time. Remember, you're not the first CD'er to have been to the pubs around Canal St. The bar staff will treat you just like any other customer. I'll give it 5 minutes before all of you wonder what all the fuss and worry was about.

Really interested to find out about your makeover. That's something on my bucket list so you'll have one up on me. Oh and what day of the week is your visit on? Tell you why later!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hi Helen of course you are one of the girls who have helped me take this step. We are booked in to the hotel on the Sunday the 13th Aug. So will be out and about that night. The wife phoned
    the Arndale Centre and booked me in at the No7 counter she told them it was for her husband and they were fine.
    Stephanie.

Platinum Member
    Sounds like an absolutely amazing excursion. Hats off to your wife and step daughter for their encouragement, support and participation in what i predict will become a regular part of your lives. Why not invite a few of the ladies from here that have been helpful and in the vicinity of Manchester?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Steph, you may just bump into me wink wink, lol

Steph, congratulations! This is FANTASTIC news! I am really, really happy for you!

I also agree with your decision to decline meetups. This first trip really is about you and your wife and step daughter. There's always the future.

Stephanie, I hope that you enjoy your first outing and that your wife is comfortable with it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Stephanie,

Sounds like you have everything planned out and you should have a great time.
    I just got done with my first time out earlier this month, and I can understand how you are feeling.
    Just try to relax and I am sure you will have a great time with your wife.
    It is so nice that you have such an excepting wife, I know that can be a boost for your confidence.

Steph

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Steph, I believe u r making a big mistake! If u want to jump off into the deep end with just your SO, that's fine the 1st nite.

But, in my experience, (which was just reinforced by making 3 new T friends Sat. nite), T's r amazing people! Interesting, intelligent, and out to enjoy their girl sides! So, if u and your SO have an OK time Sunday nite, u can have an even better time on Monday nite. Normally, a bad nite to go out. But, if u meet up with a couple of T's from here I'll bet u and your wife will both have a really fab evening!

And, I've met countless T's out with their SO's. Not only did they have as much fun as their T hubbies, but some of the women were even more confy out than their crossdressed partners!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Debs, yes you are another of the girls that have been a massive help in this decision. Yes rest assured I will be looking out.
    Stephanie

I bet you will both love your time in Manchester.

There are plenty of bars/hotels within a couple of streets to choose from. Last time I checked there was around a dozen.

Having ventured further to Piccadilly gardens or the Arndale centre I never had any issues.

Try to relax and enjoy it
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Steph, you are in the safest place in the world for dressing, dont worry, even walk into the city centre , nobody will bat an eyelid,believe me, done it a thousand times, , but just be vigiant as you would normally, if Helen Highwater was with us we would drive to the massive mall called the Trafford centre, god Helen loves shopping !!!

This absolutely awesome, awesome you are doing such a big thing on your first encounter and even more awesome that your wife is on board and actively involved. I agree with your view on going out for a first few times, I too have been asked by Helen to join her on her amazing offer later in the year and I really would like to do it but I'm with you I need the wife on board for such a big outward move. I have been out twice full femme (with the wife) but was a sneak early morning walk at the beach. Both times I left the house dressed an it's about an hour drive. I've been out once as MIAS for breakfast at a pub but did not venture around or interact, wife did all the ordering lol. Good luck and I hope all goes well

Congratulations on planning your first time out Stephanie!
    Wishin' you an extremely enjoyable time.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Sounds like your all set. All you have left is to HAVE A GREAT TIME

This sounds like it's going to be a great experience. I'll be following along....
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Reality Check
    I manage to get out in public on rare occasions, but not with my wife. She fears (reasonably) that someone would recognize her and by association, me.

I would love to figure out a way to convince her to go out with me as two girlfriends in a town a couple hours away, but I don't think it's going to happen.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD View Post
    The wife phoned the Arndale Centre and booked me in at the No7 counter she told them it was for her husband and they were fine.
    Stephanie.
    Make sure your bank balance is healthy! Foundation matching to start then goes on to colour match blusher, lippy, of course you'll need concealer, and highlighter, mascara, eyebrow and lip pencils plus setting spray. Not to mention an array of brushes to put all the products on with. Ok, you're under no obligation to buy but having been shown what works for you it's silly not to have all the essentials in your own makeup bag ready for all the other times you'll be going out.

Look, whatever it costs, it's worth every penny for a gal to look her best.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

StephanieCD,
    Hope you enjoy the moment! And be sure: when you do the first time, you will be so pleased that it won?t take it long to have the second? the third? every time will be easier and better. Just have fun!

Have a wonderful time. It is great that your wife is on board with this and will be with you. How could you ask for anything more?
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Yes Helen you are another of the girls who have helped massively in my first step out into the world. Thank you for all your help and support. It's people like yourself that makes this site such a lovely place for us all.
    Stephanie.

It sounds absolutely delightful. Enjoy!

How so wonderfully exciting. Your gonna have such a great time. Don't be nervous, own it. Enjoy yourself.

For some reason I have this fear about my neighbor finding out. IDK why ? Good luck with girls night out. A large town or city is a good place to start. Rent a hotel room. And do it up. It?s great that you have all that support. Have a great time