Thread: Embarrassing but not a flinch

Embarrassing but not a flinch

This is one for the record books. My back has been feeling a little pitch the last few days but last night I got back from work and showered and the pain was getting worse. My wife scolding me even though I have a fem side I'm 100% male when it comes to going to a doctor and I would rather suffer. I listened to her and took a long shot to get an appointment within the next few days, instead when I called the receptionist told me if I could be there within the hour she could make me the last appointment. This back problem is normal for me and it's usally a prescription of antibiotics and a pain killers.
    I rushed over and when I entered the office there was nobody in the waiting room and the doctor was talking to the receptionist and he greeted me and told me to go into anyone of the examination rooms and he will be there shortly. Usally he doesn't even check me out and just writes the prescription, but this time he tells me that he didn't like the way I was walking and for me to get up and face the wall and to undo my jeans. At that point reality hit me like a ton of brinks, OMG I rushed to go there so fast I forgot I was underdressed and wearing silky red Calvin Klein panties with white little hearts and black pantyhose.
    I'm now freaking out and I close my eyes and unbuckle my belt and jeans and I could feel that they fall down to my knees, I feel that he pulls the pantyhose down below my butt and he's pushing with his hand and asking me where I feel the most pain. He then asks me to bend forward alittle and iam still with my eyes closed and in disbelief and if he would have put the heart pressure band on me I would have blown the gauge off for how fast my heart was racing. He then asked me to lean on the examination table and bend down further, that's when I opened my eyes and when I looked down my jeans were now down to my ankles and all I see is my pantyhosed legs. I then look up further and see the pantyhose down just below my private and the bright red of the panties. He then tells me to straighten up and put my pants back up, again I'm in disbelief that I'm now pulling up my pantyhose in front of him. I can't face him but he tells me my situation as he's writing my prescription and then tells me that I can't be in that much pain because I managed to put on pantyhose. I told him in a joking voice that it wasn't easy, he hands me the prescription and I finally face him and he tells me " well it must be worth it". He gave me a smirk and told me if the pain doesn't go in a week to go back.
    I don't know what he thought but it seems like he didn't flitch at all, almost like he's seen this before and that it didn't feel like there was any unusual about the way he was talking to me.
    I don't know if he had a laugh with the receptionist after I left but I have never felt so embarrassed in my life but I did feel good that he didn't make me feel the embarrassment and acted normal. Well my wife had a laugh and I hope my next appointment things won't me uncomfortable. That had to be one of my most nerve racking experience of my life.

Maria, Yes he has seen it before, most likely numerous times. I can understand how you felt but it really is no big deal. I had a Dr appointment a few years back with the partner of my regular Doc. Well he asked me to take my sneakers and socks off. I think to myself crap but I did and he got to see my bright pink toenails. He did not miss a beat but the female assistant had a big smile. Oh well!
    Crissy

Maria,

I live full time as a woman and have been to various doctors fully dressed. None of them really cared or had a problem with it, they see all kinds of things in their practices.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No comment on your doctor, Maria. But, I may be able to help u and others with your backs?

For 15 years I suffered with terrible back issues. Then, a physical therapist had me start doing 100 easy crunches every morning. That was 25 years ago. I couldn't do 100 to start. But, I recently upped it to 200.

My point being, I'm 80 and can't recall the last time my back went out on me. I do physical things now I couldn't do in my 50's without back problems!

U should try this. It builds up your core strength, where most uninjured back problems start!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Like the doctor, I am more concerned about your back pain than your embarrassment. I hope it gets better, and if not, you can get to the bottom of it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Maria, I had a similar situation when I went to the Emergency Room several years ago. In the end I don't think anyone cared.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My wife and I had a joint dermatologist appt last year and I went wearing a pair of subtle bikini panties that could be mistaken for men's underwear. I also had my toenails done in a pale pink. I'd just done the nails a couple of days earlier and decided to just own it. there is always a full body scan where nothing is hidden except what's under the panties. The PA did the scan with no reaction at all until she got to my feet and was taken off guard by the nails. All she said was "Nice nail polish" and seemed sincere. I just said thank you. There was zero discomfort in the situation except when my wife's face showed her surprise. She assumed I'd forgotten to remove the polish. Nope.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Well, you know what you need to do now: Under-dress *every* time you go see the doctor!

I mean, why not, right...?

I always remember that these folks are professionals, and consequently are very non-judgemental. I wonder, though, if it can be a water cooler story in the future, though. I went to the Sec. of State's office last December to renew the plates on my vehicles dressed and no one flinched or asked anything, even when they needed to see my driver's license.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Maria -- I just hope that you had no runners in your pantyhose.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Banned Read only
    Of course, I understand an emergency trip to the ER. However, a scheduled doctor appointment? I'd think. anybody reading on this site for any length of time comes across incidents of the unexpected strip down at the doctor's office. Subconsciously, does everyone want to secretly get caught?

ellbee, I'm with you. Now that the secret's out of the bag, no reason not to go at least underdressed. Nothing to lose now

Stephanie, some people (like me!) are very security conscious when it comes to crossdressing. My background in the military really pushes this for me. I think ahead to all sorts of situations that might evolve while I am crossdressed. Unfortunately, this also limits me in how much I dress, as I've been very good with security and haven't *@#($* it up yet. Some people aren't as.... cautious. --~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Of course, I understand an emergency trip to the ER. However, a scheduled doctor appointment? I'd think. anybody reading on this site for any length of time comes across incidents of the unexpected strip down at the doctor's office. Subconsciously, does everyone want to secretly get caught?
    If I've just gotten a pedi and a doctor appointment comes up, I have to decide what are the chances that I may need to "take off your shoes and socks". Sometimes, I don't have the time or privacy to take off my nail polish. In case y'all haven't noticed, acetone-based nail polish has a quite distinctive smell and the smell persists for a while. Sometimes it's worth taking a chance on being caught by a doctor, who will probably think little about it, then to be caught by a spouse, who may not be so forgiving.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I remember years ago I had a case of a skin condition ,atopic dermatitis or eczema. it was covering my arms . I went to the doctor and they gave me a steroid cream and a shot. I thought it was going to be in the arm. No it was the butt. I had on a pair of bright red panties. I pulled down my pants and pulled down the panties. The nurse just smiled and gave me the shot. Boy I was embarrassed. This last October I had a hernia and went to the doctor I was wearing control Briefs to keep the hernia under control. I just told the doctor I got them out of my late wife's underwear drawer to help with the hernia. Thing is I got them out of my underwear drawer.

I wear lace panties to every doctor's appointment as that is the only underwear I own. In cooler months when I wear slacks and a light coat, I also wear thigh highs and a lace bralette with A/B inserts. I don't think I've ever had my thigh highs noticed; but, every time someone (generally a doc or NP) puts a stethoscope to my chest or back, they can't help but notice I'm wearing a bralette. I'm not at all embarrassed. It's what I do and I'm old enough to make that choice without explanation.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

One place I wouldn't feel so nervous would be with a doctor. I'm sure they see a lot of crazy stuff.

Aspiring Member
    You are right. Doctors have seen it all already. These days, situations like yours are part of their medical schooling. One of my students who later went to medical school told me that, beginning in the mid 1980s, they teach young doctors how to recognize and treat symptoms unique to LGBT patients.

I second what docrobbysherry wrote. Physical therapists know simple exercises that relieve back pain. In the past ten years, several folks on this forum have said how such exercises help them. They work for me.

For our pink toed sisters, most doctors will allow patients to keep their socks on unless seeing the feet is necessary for proper medical care. Clinic floors are often cold and dirty. So are various items of medical furniture.

As an aside, in the movie Just Like a Woman, there is a scene where crossdresser Adrian Pasdar unintentionally exposes his painted toes. When questioned, he says it is a remedy for athletes foot.

I tossed all of my male underwear years ago. I go everywhere underdressed, including the doctor. I keep a package of inexpensive plain white cotton panties around especially for doctor visits. This is primarily so I always show up in a clean pair. Nothing is ever said about them, although his nurse has occasionally complemented me on my nail polish.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I've heard on here that ER nurses see lots of guys who are underdressed. So, one day I asked the nurse at my doctor's office. I asked, "Have you ever worked in an emergency room?" She said yes.
    I said, "I've heard it said that there is a surprising number of men wearing women's underwear at the ER. Is that true?" Blah blah blah, she eventually said close to 1 in 20, maybe 1 in 15.
    I found that hard to believe. That's up to 7% of the population (of men). I asked another nurse and she said that she sees one per day in the ER, but she didn't give me any other metrics. I asked another nurse and she said that she had never seen it, but she was the nurse who puts a tube down your windpipe. The last one I asked seemed uncomfortable with the topic, but she said she sees it frequently.
    AFAIK, the statistics for transgenderism is ~1% of the population. I guess that could be the numbers for gender dysphoria or something. Maybe crossdressing is more common. I think I will make a new topic for this...
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Given the past few years that medical professionals have endured from the pandemic to threats of violence from covid deniers and anti-vaxxers to the lingering fear that victims from a mass shooting could show up at any time maybe they view the underdressed as an amusing distraction. Of course opinions will vary from place to place and among the medical professionals.

It reminds me of an episode of St. Elsewhere where a 20-something guy is brought in to the ER by a police officer. The guy says he needs to discuss a condition with the ER doc (played by Howie Mandell) and when the cop leaves, the doc asks what the condition is. The guy drops his pants and lifts his shirt to reveal he's wearing a bra and panties. He says he can't go to jail dressed like that and asks for a little help. The doc produces a pair of medical scissors and the guy says he'll cut them off himself to which the doc says you got that right.