Thread: Wonderful Wife and Wonderful Life

Wonderful Wife and Wonderful Life

I have the most wonderful wife in the world. She knows about my crossdressing. She does not want to see it, but she does support my need to do this. She has bought me many things for my crossdressing. She has repeatedly offered to do other things so I can have dressing time. However, I refused to use our time together to dress.

Wednesday was a day off from work for me. It is my day to crossdress without her seeing it because she does have to work. I have not been able to dress for quite a while due to family issues that I will not go into here. My wife told me that I needed Wednesday to myself so I could get dressed. I love how caring she is.

I called my wife and told her that I wanted to join her for lunch. I have done this a few times on Wednesdays. She did not want me to interrupt my time to dress to have lunch with her. She wanted me to have the whole day to myself to do what I want. I had to tell her several times that I was fine with changing to meet her. We ended up having lunch together. I had dressing time before and after lunch. I felt wonderful at the end of the day thanks to my wonderful wife.

For those of you still hiding this unique part of you, please come clean with your wife or girlfriend. You never know how well you might be rewarded when you do. I finally did after too many years of hiding and lying. I now feel like I am in Heaven with how my wife has accepted this unique part of me.
    Deborah

My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How nice! But, I wonder how long have u been married, Deborah? I ask because u sound like you're still in the honeymoom stage!

I hope you've been married for many years!

My marriage started that way but only lasted 10 years. I hope u have better luck!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Deborah, congratulations on having such an understanding wife, even if she doesn't want to see you dressed. My wife passed July of last year, all I did for most of the 28 years we were married was under dress, which she didn't know about. I just started fully dressing in Sep. If I do get into another relationship crossdressing will be something delicately discussed. That way I'll have an idea whether or not to continue with the relationship.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Yes you are very lucky. Deborah an understanding and supportive wife is something to be treasured.I am so glad for you both.

Are you sure she doesnt want to see you dressed ?, sounds like she wanted to meet you for lunch whilst dressed ?, or I have mis read the contant repeat request to join her for lunch on your day to dress ?

She is wonderful - so envious you had time for lunch together during a work day (regardless of now you were dressed)
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 08-05-2023 at 09:01 AM.

My wife of 54 years is much the same way. No see because she can't unsee. That's fine. That said, she does allow a little bit of dressing, so it is more the full transformation that she doesn't want to see. We rarely talk about it. I know the boundaries and follow them closely. But the truth is I rarely ever do the full change. My female-like side is always active in me, but there is little need to dress to activate those neural networks - they are already active.

I view her tolerance of my female-like side as being conditionally supportive. It is a good compromise and I have no desire imposing Gretchen's dressing on her. Just enough to satisfy me/us and not violate my wife's wishes. Besides, I view imposing it on her as a distinctly dominant masculine behavior. I don't want to go there as it creates dysphoria.
    Last edited by GretchenM; 08-05-2023 at 07:02 AM.

Learning to adapt! ConflictedWife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    How nice! But, I wonder how long have u been married, Deborah? I ask because u sound like you're still in the honeymoom stage!

I hope you've been married for many years!

My marriage started that way but only lasted 10 years. I hope u have better luck!
    We have been married for 37 years!

I loved your story and glad telling your wife worked out for you. I have always worried about my wife’s reaction if I came out. Lately she has been saying some supportive things about the transgender community as she sees the negativity towards them in certain circles and groups. This is making me wonder if an opportunity may be available to confess my cross dressing to her.

I also love your profile ‘pic.’ ��

Congratulations to you both. You obviously care a lot for each other and try to anticipate each other's needs. That makes a huge difference.

You are very fortunate. Good luck to you both.

Deborah, That is wonderful story of acceptance.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ConflictedWife View Post
    We have been married for 37 years!
    I have to assume you're Deborah's wife. My wife and I have been married fifty plus years. Since the early 1980's it has been "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" but I call it the Ostrich approach; stick head in the sand and it's not there. Anybody who has a truly supportive wife is blessed.

It's great that even though your wife doesn't want to see you dressed she is taking steps to support you. Good for you also, for respecting her and not pushing too far, too fast.

Your wife sounds like a wonderful woman. You are indeed very lucky.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Debs - You misread the statement. I was dressed. I wanted to change back to guy clothes just so I could have lunch with her. I got dressed again when I got back home. She wanted me to have the whole day to myself completely uninterrupted by having lunch with her.

Are you sure she doesnt want to see you dressed ?, sounds like she wanted to meet you for lunch whilst dressed ?, or I have mis read the contant repeat request to join her for lunch on your day to dress

Fireandlace - I am glad I told her too. I just wish I had been honest with her many years ago. I recommend telling her before she discovers something on her own. Women are very perceptive about a lot of things, especially when it comes to their husbands.

I loved your story and glad telling your wife worked out for you. I have always worried about my wife?s reaction if I came out. Lately she has been saying some supportive things about the transgender community as she sees the negativity towards them in certain circles and groups. This is making me wonder if an opportunity may be available to confess my cross dressing to her.

JacylnL61 ? I love her immensely and try my best to show her the respect that she definitely deserves and she deserves it in so many ways.

It's great that even though your wife doesn't want to see you dressed she is taking steps to support you. Good for you also, for respecting her and not pushing too far, too fast.
    Deborah

My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty.

Deborah, how truly fortunate you are. Your wife must understand how important this part of your life is to you, and although she doesn't want to see it, she loves you enough to accept it as being part of you. I hope to reach that point in my marriage one day. Thank you for sharing!

I, too, have a wonderful, supportive wife. I totally agree with your advice to tell her. I took the leap of faith and told her before we wed. I was sure she?d bolt, but she didn?t. Yes, we spent many hours in honest discussions. I dress whenever I want to any extent I want. When dressed, I always ask for her opinion. Life is fantastic.

Deborah2b I am happy for you. My wife has known for 40 years but wants no part of it. I also reminded her in 2020 when she retired because I figured at some point she would catch me. I'm fairly certain that when I get the courage to talk to her she will be more supportive and understanding because we are both very liberal. That being said I'm sure she still won't want to see me but I hope she will understand a bit more.

Bri

fireandlace, I told my wife 40years ago and she said she was fine with it but wanted no part of it. With all the fuss about story time with a drag queen, every time it's on the news she's like why don't they leave them alone they're just regular people. The timing isn't right at this time but the next time she says something like that I'm going to use it as an opening for a lengthy discussion which we have never had. I don't want much, just to be able to order online and I would like to wear lingerie to sleep in. I sleep so good when I wear lingerie to bed on the rare occasion she visits her sister out of town. She goes to bed before me and gets up before me. She has never liked snuggling so she probably wouldn't even see me before or after going to bed or getting up. So yes the next time your wife makes a supportive comment about TG or Drag, if the setting is right I think that's your opening. I'm betting you and I are probably worried needlessly since our wives both sound like they are pretty progressive.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-08-2023 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Please, no political talk or affiliation