Thread: Stilll a New Girl?

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar

Stilll a New Girl?

A red letter day for me! Today marks one year of being a member of this fabulous forum. I have learned so much from the contributors here, it has been so helpful to me. My confidence has grown enormously, as well as my wardrobe.. lol Such a great year filled with many firsts, all thanks to you, my wonderful group of girl friends! A whole new world has opened up for me, I am no longer alone.

Hopefully, in my small way, I have added to the supportive aspect & fun of the forum. In my travels, I have been so lucky to meet two very nice members here. They are both just great to be with, and hope I can meet more in the future.

To all the moderators.. a big thank you for providing such a great interesting and supportive site. A special thanks from me goes to Di. Her post a while back in the Upcoming Events forum prompted me to check out the venue where the Oklahoma semi annual Heartland Tg festival is held. Although I just missed the fall soiree last year, which I regret, ( i was too scared to attend as my first out of the closet debut) this led me to eventually meet the Heartland & Tulsa group of girls who have a regular get together every month.

It is wonderful to get up every morning, get my coffee going, and see what the beautiful ladies here have been up to. I look forward to it every day!

Even though I have been here for a year, am I still a new girl? I hope so, I like it..

Emily Southern
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Emily in the south; 08-05-2023 at 06:39 AM.

Congrats on one year and many firsts, I'm sure!

I love that picture

Congratulations and it is very good of you to post this. It is a good place for people like us to be and it is great that you have learned so much. Keep the antenna up as there is still much more to learn, especially about the finer points of you. It is not an easy life to lead, but it is not exactly a choice we make either. To a considerable degree it is who we are and that is mostly just the way we are each configured - cisgender, transgender, CD or however else you wish to divide it up.

I like the picture you included - it says a good deal about the fun side of being this way. And if you can't play and have fun I wonder what the point of being alive is all about. Just strict adherence to rigid gender standards is BORING!. And for us if you try to live that way with only our maleness and no femaleness you will quickly find out what dysphoria is all about. It is horrible. Live, tolerate differences, and learn from each other - that is why we have been blessed with big, complex brains.

Emily,

Like you I've benefited so much over the years. The support and help offered here helped me progress to the point were going out holds no fear for me, well perhaps enough to make me know you don't go dressed into a pub full of football supporters who's team has just lost the big match to their closest rivals!

Your story only adds to the sum total of knowledge that hopefully will inspire others to follow.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nice post, Emily!
    I hope u get to a big trans event!

Like u, after a year on CD.com I was not only encouraged to get out of my lonely closet after 10 years, I also wanted to meet the other dressers I chatted with here, in person.

So, I visited the SCC event in Atlanta. Out my first time, in a hotel with 750 dressers, and a got to meet the 30+ CD.com girls there.

Without being overly dramatic I can honestly say that eye opening experience changed my life!
    And, Sherry's become an international force to reckon with ever since!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Emily, Congrats on one year here, time flies but it is always good to see you and what you have to say. You are a very good addition to our morning coffee group in the Lounge.
    Crissy

Emily, Congratulations on your anniversary

keep having fun

Thank you for the very nice comments ladies. My milestone means a lot to me.

Julie : Yes many firsts, hopefully many more to come. Glad you enjoyed my picture.

Gretchen : I could not agree with you more on your take about the cd / tg way of things. I alway get a lot from your insight. Glad you caught on to the pictures theme.

Helen : I am right with you on the impact of the support here. I have picked up many good tips from you various posts.

Doc : Thank you for the compliment on my post. Yes, I'm sure I will show up at one of the big events. I have a special interest in Fantasia Fair.

Crissy : You are such a special friend. I so much enjoy spending time with you and the girls over coffee.

Siva : Thank you & I will definitely keep fun at the top of my list on my outings.

Emily

Congrats Emily. So much fun going out isn't it?
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Emily, congratulations on your one year anniversary. I'm glad that I took a chance on going to the March GNO in OKC and got to meet you. I'mlooking forward to seeing you next weekend in OKC.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Congrats, Emily!!!! You are an inspiration for a newbie like me. I can't wait to see where I am when I have been with you great girls for a year! I'm very excited at the prospects I have now with a support group behind me.

Emily, Congratulations on a year on the forum.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congrats on the one year anniversary. Reading this I was curious how long I have been here and I checked my own profile and I can't believe I have been here for thirteen years. As I think back at the day I told my wife I would only enjoy slips and pantyhose and the odd skirt. Because women are shopaholics she started buying me panties and bras and would hand down her dresses and skirts to me. But when I found this site and lurking for about a year before I joined was the missing piece, the makeup, jewelry and wig and breast forms. This site completed me and gave me confidence to do things I would have never dreamed of. Im hoping on this one year anniversary we could look back at this in the future and see how much more we could advance. Congrats again for the one year and hopefully you will be enjoying many more here.

Hey I'm on my first day on the forum. I have followed for years but just finally joined today. I think this is a step for me. My SO knows and has known for 40 years but it's a DADT so it's a bit frustrating since she is retired now and home all the time. I'm about to talk to hera bout that when the time is right.

Congratulations, it does seem like you have made a lot of progress very quickly and it does take a lot of courage to get out there. Glad you got to experience the fun.

Sandi

Emily, Congratulations and here to many more! Deborah

Platinum Member
    Happy Anniversary Emily

Hello Emily , When you are here , You are Home,

What ever your question, there is a 99.875 % chance that one or more of us will have a Answer for You >Orchid
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

So... less than one year ago you went out for the first time? Holy crap! It's been 50 years for me. Obviously a slow learner.

Congrats on your first year!

Platinum Member
    Emily, I am glad you have had a good year and grown from your experiences.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Fiona, Diane, Jamie, Maria, Sandi, Deborah, Blue, Rhonda, & Kim .. thanks again for all the appreciated comments ladies.

Fiona : You are so right about the fun factor.

Diane : So glad you decided to join the group of Heartland girls. See you this weekend.

JamieJ : I am sure you will have a great year, & yes, this forum and its members is such a great resource for support.

Jamie : Thanks so much. You are always so supportive of the ladies here.

Maria : Thank you. You're right, I agree about this site being a huge factor in completing us.

Sandi : I have surprised myself about my adventurous side.

Blue : Yes, the ladies here are just an amazing wealth of knowledge for me.

Rhonda : I am sure you could catch up very fast & and make up for lost time..

Kim : Thanks, I am alway learning new things, & have lots of room for improvement, lol

Emily
    Last edited by Emily in the south; 08-07-2023 at 07:29 AM. Reason: addition

Congratulations Emily! May you never stop growing Brenda

Congrats on your first year! Here's to many more! Best wishes for getting out more often! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Thank you Brenda & Lana Mae!
    I will try my hardest make both your wishes happen.

Emily