Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaving legs

I used to shave legs but the hair grew back quickly. Wife suggested Brazillian wax and chest wax. I am not overly hairy but Brazillian was worth it and waxed my own legs with supermarket wax strips. Moisturise legs and like others love the feeling of hose on clean legs. Wife wants me IPL?d down under now

If you make up an excuse, then you are perpetuating the idea that it is unacceptable (unless you have a good excuse) for men to shave their legs. This doesn't help your case.

Own it. Just say you like it. It will make you sound confident instead of apologetic. Most people will respect that.

probably easier that telling a lie and keep building lie after lie

I don't shave my legs yet but I think this winter I will. I do a lot of stuff in the outdoors in the winter and started wearing womens leggings as long underwear. Honestly they are cheaper than mens and they come in high waist so they stay up better than mens. Anyway about half way through winter my hair is almost all wore off anyway so I'm just going to go ahead and clean them up.

Right now, they are hairy. So what? Women have hair on their legs. I've got bigger things to worry about. I'll shave them when I'm cancer free.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Some bicyclists and swimmers shave their legs. These days, though, I simply don't care.

Why give an excuse for shaving your legs? Simply say it's a matter of personal preference.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Shaving every third day for years now. My lovely wife is fully accepting of my dressing. I have only had one mention my hairless legs and it was my Mom commenting to my wife that I had no hair on my legs. She said he is just smooth like that. Nothing else said. Wearing shorts all summer long and no one notices.

Like my Mom I am sure your wife will notice. Hope it goes well for you. Like others have said just own it. " I like that way". No excuses needed.

Shaving in general is the way to go for a proper dressing (at least is my opinion). You don't need to worry about what others will say, you can't control it... but a simple reply "because I like this way" will do the job.

So enjoy your smooth legs, you are doing for yourself.

so my wife saw the hairless body
    she didnt complain it about did comment about it
    I had been lazy even to shave the beard, but now I have all time to shave everything.
    I went with the story of how everybody said, own it. I said i like it this way and she hasn't complained about it
    so I guess for now keep up with the regular shaving

Quote Originally Posted by siva View Post
    so I guess for now keep up with the regular shaving

Well done, I tend to do a two day cycle, legs one day, chest next day, then day off. Mainly with shave gel and razor. If I ever get time I use Veet for men and use razor as well but that like once every two months lol. More recently I found out you can use hair conditioner instead of gel so I'm currently giving that a go. Results are good so far. Experiment to figure out what works for you.

I seriously have to wonder how many (non-crossdressing) men shave their legs and their pits. Gillette actually has information on male shaving various body parts on their website. So it's not just us

I typically have shaven legs from the end of October to around the March / April timeframe. When my kids were younger, I would make sure I always wore pants when they were around. Last year / season, I started wearing shorts. After about three weeks, my eldest finally noticed my legs were shaven. I did not make an issue out of it and neither did my wife. I just said I liked how my legs feel without the hair. Within an hour, my kids were onto something else. My father in-law also visited us while I had shaven legs. He never asked and I just went about my routines not making any effort to hide I shave my legs. My viewpoint is similar to many of the ladies who posted here, I don't think people really care what you do. If anyone does make an issue out of it, I would say its personal preference and none of their business.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

Last year, after years of an overabundance of body hair due to testosterone injections, I finally had a moment where my left hand landed on my bare left thigh and the sensation was what I would describe as "petting and Airedale". That one realization led me to finally shave just about everything from the neck down. I love the feel of smooth legs, chest, belly and otherwise.

I told my wife the Airedale experience and began shaving without input from her. My problem is that the smooth feel never lasts more than about 12 hours and was a definite hindrance to any intimacy in my marriage. So I backed off from shaving for a bit.

I've gone back to a moderated shaving routine

One day last year, during the time I stayed smooth-ish. My daughter and her family were at our house and we'd settled in to watch a movie. She looked over at me and stared intently at my bare shins and calves. It was obvious that she was trying to figure out if they were really smooth. She knows my legs are naturally hairy and used to have a lot of fun pulling it as a kid. My daughter is one of the extremely aware people who notice everything and I'm sure she'd noticed that I'm not currently shaving my lower legs. I did tell her once about the Airedale experience and she cracked up. She even mentioned the conversation later, spontaneously laughing at the idea. So, I think she'd just roll with the idea. Not so much about my second wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Why give an excuse for shaving your legs? Simply say it's a matter of personal preference.
    This.

I *love* shaving my legs - I love both the process and the results. Naturally, my legs are quite hairy, and it's such an effort to keep them hair-free that most of the time I don't bother. I have precious little time to dress anyway - a few hours a year unless I go on holiday by myself for a few days, which rarely happens (I did get away for one night last year). I attend a sports club every week, and change in a communal changing room with the other regulars. I've shaved my legs on a few occasions, and no-one has ever said anything, though I did see one guy looking at my legs once with a slightly puzzled expression on his face. My plan, should anyone ask, is to say that I just really like the feeling and to recommend they try it.

The one who really notices of course is my wife. She doesn't mind them smooth but hates them after even just a day if I haven't shaved them, which is why it's such high maintenance.

I shave every day.

If your relationship is DADT then yes she will take note, but the world in general will not care.
    Although if you now look like a cave man, the change might be noted by many who 'know' you.
    That being said, I have been sans hair for years YEARS!!! No one has ever commented.
    I would suggest rather than shave, invest in a epilator. It WILL hurt at first.
    But the longer you use it the less hair you will have. Plus it lasts longer, and the stubble is not all that bad.
    Last edited by ronny0; 08-25-2023 at 02:50 AM.

I have gradually become very uncomfortable with any body hair. I will do what I need to do to keep it off. I've been shaving my legs for years can't stand running my hands over my legs and feeling hair or stubble.