Thread: How does it play in court?

How does it play in court?

Anyone have any experience with the topic of crossdressing in a legal setting?

Not me, but for others, it might help if they knew in what context you are referring. There have been a number of posts regarding how spouses used crossdressing against them in divorce court. I can think of a couple of bad ones off the top of my head. You will just need to do some searches in the main forum.

Sandi

Platinum Member
    I wasn?t present but my ex tried to make an issue of my cross dressing during divorce proceedings. The my attorney and magistrate would have none of it.

Are you referring to being a jury member while dressed? Clarification needed as to what it is your question concerns.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I heard it gets u out of jury duty?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This has come up before. A court of law is a place for serious business. Unless you are legally identified as the gender you present there, you run the very real risk of earning that court's wrath.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Crossdressing involves wearing clothes. It is not against the law to wear clothes. At this time at least.

Connecticut bans discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity or expression in public places, public and private employment, governmental services and in receiving goods and services from public places or governmental institutions.[15][16][17] Sexual orientation discrimination has been prohibited in the state since 1991, and gender identity or expression was added to the state's anti-discrimination law in 2011.

I planned to wear proper workplace attire. Fitted white blouse. Knee length skirt and tights over shaved legs. Sensible shoes for an entire day in an air conditioned office building. Beige nail polish.
    More than likely the two parties settled so my attendance wasn't required that day.

Much better attire than the yellow boy's Brooks Brother's shirt and black pants I wore a decade earlier. That shirt was way too big for my size 2 body. The pants weren't much better.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 08-12-2023 at 01:57 PM.

Not sure if it is jury duty, but I served and had no problems! I even used the women's bathroom while a cis female was present and we exchanged small talk while washing our hands! Big bearded men opened doors for me and called me ma'am! Here in good ol NC! Other wise, please clarify! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I had been on call for jury duty and planned to go en femme if called. I first checked with the county clerk's office and they had no problem with it having had trans people serving on juries in the past. But I never got called.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Reality Check
    A judge has a lot of power in the courtroom. A friend of mine was called for jury duty and went dressed in his work clothes. The judge ordered him to wear a suit from then on. He had none and had to buy a suit for jury duty.

I personally think it would be a very bad idea to go to court dressed as a woman unless you were actually a woman or living as a woman in real life (outside the courtroom). Your job on a jury is to pass fair and unbiased judgement on the defendant, not display your hobby.
    Krisi

Not a problem for me as I live 24/7 as a woman. And my vote would be based on careful analysis of the facts of the case.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    A judge has a lot of power in the courtroom. A friend of mine was called for jury duty and went dressed in his work clothes. The judge ordered him to wear a suit from then on. He had none and had to buy a suit for jury duty.
    They don't make men's suits to fit size 2 women with a 25 inch waist. I went to Brooks Brothers just after getting my first full time job and was told that they couldn't sell me a suit. Back then I had a 24 inch waist.

Marion

Might be wise to show up as your legal gender.
    Should you be able to appear in your CDing attire? Sure I think so but not many people would see it that way.
    If its just a thrill or kink for you maybe its not a good idea.

There's legal and then there's proper decorum. The judge whose courtroom you will be in will decide the latter. Yes, you could prevail, ultimately, by standing on your rights "as a crossdresser", but why put yourself through jail time and fines for contempt of court, followed by an expensive legal battle to make your point?
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Banned Read only
    As with Maid Marion Washington State makes it illegal to discriminate based on "presentation." That has been construed to include cross dressing. If you're going to be in the jury pool I think you may be in or out depending on the prosecutor or defense attorney and the facts of a particular case. If you're a defendant, maybe whatever the criminal charge may be, it may or may not be in your best interests to wear female attire.

Quote Originally Posted by crobeson96 View Post
    Don't know if this is what you mean, but my ex brought it up in mediation and the mediator told her to shut up, you've(as in specifically her) got bigger problems than that.
    I laughed.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Maid_Marion View Post
    They don't make men's suits to fit size 2 women with a 25 inch waist. I went to Brooks Brothers just after getting my first full time job and was told that they couldn't sell me a suit. Back then I had a 24 inch waist.

Marion
    They make "boy's suits".
    Krisi

Did jury duty last month over in Stamford Superior........but then I am fulltime so no problem....CT doesn't allow discrimination.......

"boy's suits" in my size fit awkwardly because growing boys have long limbs in relation to their torso.

I am fulltime as well.
    Last edited by Di; 08-15-2023 at 02:52 PM. Reason: No political talk

Stick to the topic if you have personal comments write the person a pm.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by crobeson96 View Post
    In what capacity? As a plaintiff? A defendant? A juror? Something else?

I think we all appreciate the need to keep part of one's life private in a forum like this, but this field is so broad that without some specifics, one risks missing the mark completely in spite of one's good intentions.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

yes I had a long legal over the custody of my son, he was about 8 years old and had been living with me for 2 years
    altho the social system was on my side I thought id have to let him go .my ex would never give up
    in the correspondence before the court case she accused me of being a transvestite and my lawyer asked if it was true
    but said this would have no influence in court and at the end of the court case my ex stoup and said what about his dressing up and the judge told her to sit down and be quiet
    it didn't really make any difference ,but I let my son go