Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Manchester visit ( the report ) lol.

The Manchester visit ( the report ) lol.

Hi girls,
    some of you may remember my post about my plan for the first public outing as Stephanie in Manchester recently. The wife, stepdaughter and myself left home at about 7am with me driving in male mode. Stopped after about 1.5 hrs for breakfast at a service station and changed in the car after ( not the easiest thing to do ) into a skirt and blouse and flat sandals. I was really stressed that someone would see me changing but nobody did. Within 10 minutes I was comfortable driving as Stephanie and started to enjoy the drive. We arrived in Manchester about 2pm and found the city a bit hard to drive around with so many one way systems. But after a few minutes found the hotel "The Velvet" parked in the rear ?21.50 for 24 hours and unloaded the cases. Walked in the rear entrance and I was feeling fairly comfortable dressed. I had decided to just own it and we all talked to the lovely receptionist as we couldn't book into the room until 3pm and left the cases with reception and went for a stroll around the village which was pleasant in the afternoon sun. We had few drinks sat outside the hotel and I was feeling really chilled and enjoying it. My make over was booked for 4pm so we get a taxi to the Arndale Centre, I sat in the front of the car and chatted to the driver ( wife said after that he had been looking at my legs all the time lol ). Got to the No7 counter and introduced myself to Hanna, a lovely lady who asked what I wanted to get from the make over. i explained that I wanted to look natural and age appropriate. And learn how to apply the makeup and the best cosmetics to use. She explained everything, as she was making me up and what she was using, and why. My stepdaughter was taking photos while she did her magic. I was actually very pleasantly surprised how good she made me look when finished. I bought everything she used and with an offer I paid ?42 but actually got ?80 plus worth of products. And the wife got the points on her Boots card. I think I may have to get my own soon LOL. We had a wander around China Town and by now I was just Stephanie and full of confidence with no worries at all. Back to the hotel to change for the evening out and a meal. We had planned to return to China Town but there was what appeared to be a newish Chinese restaurant which looked nice opposite the hotel called Yum Cha. So decided to try it as by now we were quite hungry. I couldn't believe how normal I felt just walking around in a pretty dress not in the least nervous at all. It was just me, Stephanie, being me now. The meal appeared on the table in super quick time and was one of the best Chinese meals I have had, and it was very reasonably priced.
    Time for another stroll around the village which was very quiet but a few interesting people about. Drinks again outside the Velvet by the canal. Whilst in the bar getting drinks there were 3 men talking about their shirt material and one said to them and included me that his shirt was similar to "that ladies dress" lol. And I happily joined in the conversation and jokes about shirts. I don't pass as female I know that especially with my voice but it was amazing to be accepted. I told the wife and daughter and they had a good laugh too. We started to take some photos later and one of the men kindly offered to take some of the 3 of us together. It was all just nice and relaxed. As it got a bit chilly later we moved inside to the bar for more drinks. Needed the toilet after the drinks but found the toilet was gender neutral, or men's so no problem there. Then back to the room tired but very happy, it had been a long day. The rooms in the hotel were amazing very nice with huge beds. The daughters was amazing I have never seen anything like it ( photos to come later ). Goodnight sleep, only continental breakfast at the hotel so decided to return to the centre for breakfast and shopping. Once again I was completely at ease as Stephanie hardly anyone even glanced at me, shop assistants greeted me and asked if they could help, I was just a person, not a crossdresser or some weird bloke. Everyone was nice to me. I didn't try on any clothes but I would have if I had wanted too as I knew there would not be any problems. Needed the toilet so I used the ladies with no problem, bit nervous but it was fine. it was just a dream come true for me I loved every minute of my time in Manchester, and can't wait to do it again. Next time we will come for a Saturday which will be a bit more lively in the evening. But this trip was just to dip my toe in the water to find out if I could swim, next time I'm diving off the board so to speak lol. Sadly then time to drive home but still enjoyable as dressed most of the way back, then struggle to change in the car again. A long journey, 560 mile round trip but what an experience. You may remember a post in which I had confessed to my wife's best friend about me being a crossdresser and how supportive she was. Well she has said she really wants to come with us next time lol. I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. Non-judgemental people who see me as a person, I am so lucky.
    I hope that I haven't rattled on too long with this post and that you haven't fallen asleep part way though it. I have had so much help and advice from the girls on this site, thank you all for helping me on this journey and reaching this milestone in my life.

I am so glad that everything went well Stephanie. And yes, you are lucky to have such supportive friends and family. Their help and support will make your dressing experience so much more pleasant. The fact that your nervousness eased fairly quickly tells me two things: first, that you must present as a nice looking lady who can blend in well while out and second that subconsciously you are realizing that being Stephanie is being who you were meant to be.

Thanks for filling us in on your outing and once again, congrats!
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

Platinum Member
    Thank you for sharing your experience. So glad you were able to enjoy the trip with your wife and step daughter. I am sure you already making plans for the next excursion!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Stephanie,

Isn't it great when a plan comes together? I'm so pleased you had such a great time and isn't it amazing just how quickly those butterflies disappear and you suddenly take on a whole new persona that feels so natural to you?

And yes, dressing in the car is a PITA, a necessary evil but worth the effort.

So this is another example of a genie out of it's bottle and the start of many further adventures I'm sure. Hopefully one day we can meet up and compare notes.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Nice reading about your trip Stephanie! I always like to read about the travails of other girls on here. Great that you got the makeover experience and enjoyed it so much.
    The hotel sounds very nice, looking forward to your pictures..

You are lucky, thanks for sharing.

Emily

congrats and thanks for sharing! Now you are out there is no going back! Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Thank you for sharing your terrific story, Stephanie. It was not boring at all and I was hanging on every word!

So glad you have wonderful women around you who are so supportive. The world would be a much better place if there were more like them.

Really happy for you Stephanie, very interesting read. You have an amazing supportive wife and stepdaughter.

Its great to hear you had a wonderful time Stephanie.

I too was surprised the first time I visited Manchester.

Finding yourself included in unexpected conversations, really tells you how normal things can be.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Thanks for you great post. Glad trip went well and glad you have so many supporters in your corner.

Steph, well done, told you Manchester is awesome, hope to see you out and about in the real world 🌎, if fact contact me, myself and Helen are going out together in November, all welcome

No, you didn't rattle on too long. It was an interesting and wonderful story Steph. Happy you were happy. You broke through the barrier in a beautiful way. Congratulations. It is a big step. Living in a non-judgemental environment where acceptance of who you are is the way it should be for all of us and all of everybody. You are very fortunate and probably have a big smile still.

Aspiring Member
    Great story. Well done and clearly a major step forward.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

What a wonderful time, Stephanie! Car dressing can be difficult--I generally hop in the back where the windows are a bit more tinted and move the driver's seat all the way up for leg room. Makeup is normally done in the front seat but can be hard. Especially if the light is not good.

How supportive your family is!

Stephanie, glad to hear you had a great experience out and about. Also happy to hear you have such supportive family amd friends. You didn't rattle on too long at all. It was great to be able to read about your first trip outside your home. As others have said the genie is now out of the bottle. Congrats!
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

What a wonderful and inspirational story, Helen, thank you. As someone who is yet to venture out as myself, I will remember what your story when I have the courage to do so. Thank you for sharing.

It seems that Manchester UK is more accepting for CD?s than Manchester CT USA.
    No ?. really I think people don?t care anymore what we are but we must still be vigilant.
    The old generation think we are freaks but the younger generation thinks we are cool.

Glad you had a great rip Stephanie and that your wife and step daughter are so supportive. Thanks for sharing your report.

"The Velvet" parked in the rear ?21.50 for 24 hours"

just for future reference if anybody is thinking of going, where you parked is multistory and is split into two half is council half is private, watch the signs in you wonder into the private parking its what you paid, if you had stopped in the council half its ?8.50 for the night. they dont make it clear and theres no visible barriers between the two.

Thanks for the update Stephanie
    Glad you had such a positive experience and that
    wife and step-daughter are so supportive.

I?m sure you?re already planning the next trip :-).

Sophie xx

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing Stephanie,

Sounds like a dream come true. Looking forward to seeing some pictures and hearing about your next trip.

Stephanie, Sounds like such a wonderful outing. I'm glad your wife and step-daughter were there to support you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Always glad to hear of a fun and successful trip beyond the dreaded front door. Long messages are fine with me; I can always stop reading any time :-). Of course I read yours through because it was a great story. Here's to more of us going out more of the time.

I’ve just come across this post and I’m in awe of you.

What a fabulous first trip out and love that you completely owned and embraced it.

Paige
    Paige

Stephanie, a million claps of applause for you! Well done! Congratulations on the wonderful trip!