Thread: Long time no see

Long time no see

There's a CD/TG event I attend about every other month. As part of my preparation, I get my nails done at a salon near the event venue that's open relatively late. Usually I am the last customer of the night and usually the only one wearing a dress at that time. I've been there about six times.

When I went in last week, the manager came by, welcomed me warmly and said "long time no see." It's nice to be recognized as a regular.

Normally the polish is off after the party but I had the day off the next day so I kept it on longer and dressed the next day (capris, sandals and a top -- very casual ). I didn't do anything special other than grab lunch at a Panera, look around at an outlet center and visit a coffee bar. It was the first time I was able to dress for two days in a row in a long time. It was good to have the time.

Platinum Member
    It is nice have places to go where you are recognized and welcomed.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Cheers, the show theme song was the first thing that came to mind.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Melissalynn, It's always nice to be recognized, it does make one more comfortable.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sounds like a wonderful time,