Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Friend Noticed and Questioned My Wife

A Friend Noticed and Questioned My Wife

I spend much of the late summer and fall peddling my wares at craft festivals up here in Vermont. This past Saturday 2 women came into my booth and bought something from me. They said they are also vendors and like to support other vendors. Awesome, I replied. Where is your booth? They said over there. But we sell dresses ?. Nothing you would be interested in ? If only they knew.

I shared that story with my wife, and she got quite the chuckle from it. She then said her friend Carrie asked her why I won?t cut my hair, yet I shave my legs. My wife just shrugged her shoulders and said she doesn?t know. Carrie doesn?t let anything go. I asked my wife what I should tell Carrie when she presses me about it. Wifey told me I could tell her as much or as little as I like. I am sure people notice I shave my legs, but Carrie is the first person to question it. Wifey said I can tell her as much or as little as I want. While Carrie is fairly open-minded, she can be a bit conservative about things that don?t fit the norm. She would probably be fine with a guy in a dress as long as it?s a guy she doesn?t know. The NIMBY effect.

How would you handle it?

Please don?t turn this into a thread about leg shaving.

NIMBY = Not in my back yard

Thanks,
    -Robin
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

What a nosy person! Coudn't your wife maybe say she prefers your legs shaved when you're together in bed and she didn't say it before because the question was so intimate she felt unconfortable talking about it (which was true anyway)?

Or something similarly awkward that would let this person know they are overstepping the boundaries of other people's intimacy.

The part about the booth with the dresses is funny.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Hi Robin, Since your wife gave you a heads up about Carrie you can possibly expect the question. This gives you time to think what to say rather than be caught flat footed.
    Myself, I think I would simply say I prefer it that way and let it go.
    I think you should give the girls some business, I think they would love that.
    Good luck girl!
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    I would have respond to inquiries from Carrie truthfully and let the chips fall where they may.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hi Patience & Crissy,

Just for the record, Carrie, her husband, wifey and me are all pretty tight. I'm guessing she felt comfortable asking my wife. And for the record Carrie despises my shoulder length hair. She would love for me to go back to the corporate, conservative look.

I certainly intended to buy something from the girls. Their dresses were beautiful, and I am a sucker for vibrant colors. I stopped at their booth several times over the course of the weekend. The first time I told them I wear a size 14 skirt and an 18 dress. They laughed and thought I was joking. While chatting with them yesterday morning, I told them I prefer to shop on the softer side of the store. They thought it was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I never did get back to their booth. Hopefully, I will see them at another show.
    - Robin

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Robin, Hopefully you get to see the girls again.
    As for Carrie, too bad on your hair length but you are not married to her.
    Crissy

Thankfully, I am not. I'm fortunate that my wife doesn't care about the long hair or smooth legs. Although, she believe I look better in short hair.
    - Robin

Why don't you have fun with this and invite Carrie and her husband and anyone else? To a Cross-dressed Dinner party for Halloween. Men come dressed as their wife and wife come dressed as the husband. Invite Some friends and have fun with it, if your wife is up for it.

I hope you get back to your dress making friends' booth some time

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think anyone who is impertinent enuff to ask such a personal question as why u shave your legs deserves a "none of your business" answer.

Something like, "I was camping and roasting marsh mellows when my leg hair caught on fire from the campfire." And, let her fill in the gaps in your story!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Robin, you can just tell her you find leg hair itchy.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Yes as the other's have stated if asked state that's how you roll. Personal preference. Or tell her you suffer from nuya....non ya buzness....lol

ask her why she shaves her legs.....go with her answer....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I got accosted by a nosy lady in the nail salon. She wanted to know why I had my toes painted. I turned the tables and asked her the same question. her response was 'she liked the way it looked.'
    I smiled and shrugged and left her standing there.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I would turn the table and ask her but I don't believe she shaves. She's always in leggings or jeans. Never in shorts or dresses.
    - Robin

You don't have to tell her that you crossdress, remember you can't unring a bell! If you want to keep your crossdressing a secret for you and your wife then don't tell her, because, once you tell her you have no control over who she tells, for a start she'll likely tell her husband, and inevitably more people will find out. If on the other hand you don't care who knows then by all means tell her. As for an alternative excuse, if you're into cycling or swimming a lot of cyclists and swimmers shave their legs.

Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    I would turn the table and ask her but I don't believe she shaves. She's always in leggings or jeans. Never in shorts or dresses.
    "Because I like it." is still a valid answer. Same goes for your hair.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

First of all congratulations to your wife to leave the answer to the friends question up to you. The question about shaving your legs is intrusive and she has no right to ask it in the first place, let alone continuing to press the issue until she gets a response. Also she prefers YOUR hair shorter. I would not say anything to her. You neither have to tell her the truth or manufacture a false response. Your life, your choice.

Banned Read only
    I don't have any hair follicles on my legs or underarms. I'm 76. The only person who ever asked was my daughter when I was in my 60's. I kidded her that this was the first time she noticed. For me it is genetics. My father seemed to lack hair on his body. I did not have any hair on my chest until my 60's. I suppose I evolved faster than others since we do not need fur to keep warm anymore. I see lots of young guys with hairless legs and body. My wife says "It is wasted on a guy!" as she nicks her legs.

Just tell her or anyone else you like the look. My son has so much hair that I don't know where he got it; perhaps my wife's birth father? Not my side of the family.

I'd say nothing unless questioned. Then it would depend on the question.
    Why do I shave my legs? I don't would be my reply (I epilate).
    If I did shave I'd say I like to feel clean, why do you shave yours?
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have exactly one friend who's asked me why I shave my legs. I told him the truth, that my wife likes it better, that glue or paint spilled on legs is easier to remove, it's more comfortable when it's hot, etc.
    Then another day he brought it up again. I told him I don't, shaving is for girls. Men use machinery to violently rip the hair out of our legs.
    Then, he brought it up again. I told him the first time was really out of fun, but it felt so great I kept it up. I reminded him that he first shaved his nether-regions for the Big V, and he's kept it up since then because it's SO much nicer clean. I then told him to try shaving his legs, he'd probably love it and keep at it. That's the last I've heard on the subject.

BTW, this is one of my best friends and none of these conversations were mean or nosy, he was just curious why I did something that most guys don't do, that's all.

How about it?s none of their business. It?s not your priority to cow tail to others? nosiness. Just my opinion.

What does it matter what your personal grooming habits are to her? Does that make hers fair game? Sheesh

Sock friction isn?t a thing?

I lost most of the hair on my legs below the knee when I had to wear compression socks. Gave me a reason to trim everything else down to ?get it even?.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Skyy View Post
    Why don't you have fun with this and invite Carrie and her husband and anyone else? To a Cross-dressed Dinner party for Halloween. Men come dressed as their wife and wife come dressed as the husband. Invite Some friends and have fun with it, if your wife is up for it.
    I like that idea.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I had a friend of my wife ask me also about my grooming habits. I told her that I like it that way. That was the end of it as far as I know.

Hi Robin,
    or do you shave your legs because you are a cyclist?
    luv J