Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Friend Noticed and Questioned My Wife

I can't imagine anyone that I know would actually have the nerve to ask about a (someone's)husband shaving their legs. Who would notice and/or even care?

So, IF someone asked me about one of my hubby's "grooming" habits, I think I would laugh and change the subject, like asking them why their husband doesn't trim his nose hair.

The funny thing is I am an avid cyclist and I do see the benefits of shaving purely from a cyclist point of view.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Robin, it's going to be a bit awkward if she asks. It's great that your wife gave you the heads up, so you can prepare.

Jasmine23 is right; you can't unring this bell. If you tell her you crossdress, you can't un-tell her. You won't have control over who knows. I follow a policy of not telling anyone...at all. There is no need to know. The only person that neeeds to know is my wife, and she's been in the know since two months into dating me. A few past girlfriends know, and one of them may have blabbed but I'll never know. I don't want the stress; does this person who knows the person I told, know? I don't like that.

Hollibelle, I keep my legs from knee to ankles shaved for compression socks. They didn't rip out my hairs, but they did reduce it somewhat. I did find that after I shaved, the compression socks stayed up a lot better than on hairy legs. I don't shave my entire leg(s) for a non-crossdressing related reason. I'd prefer to, but I prefer what I get not shaving them a bit more.

Char brings up a good point. I DO pluck my nose hair, because leaving it long enough to braid is gross. Most guys don't trim or pluck, because they're gross. I also keep my finger and toenails short enough so I can't climb a tree like a sloth. Because I'm not gross.

Leg hair and armpit hair are gross. Period. This has absolutely nothing to do with crossdressing, it has to do with not being gross.

My wife and I have been together for the last 30 years and married most of that time. Early on she mentioned that a few female acquaintances/friends had asked her if I crossdressed. (I assume my ex had spread the word as that being the reason for our divorce.) But, in the 32 years since that divorce, not a single person has asked me.

I've shaved my legs continuously for the last 25 years. If someone asked "do you?" I would say, "yes." (No one has asked.) If they followed up with "why?" I would say, "I prefer it." That's it, I'm not into squishy excuses.

One time a GM friend said that pantyhose matted down his leg hair. I never did find out how he knew or why he was telling anyone about it.

But, you can use the same answer. And if she asks how you know, you can say that you went scuba diving once a long time ago and the easiest way to get a wetsuit on and off is to wear pantyhose underneath the wetsuit. You decided to shave your legs to see if it helped get the pantyhose on and off. You liked your legs shaved so much that you kept shaving them.

She'll be so confused by your slight of hand wording, that she'll never figure out the truth. LOL.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I am getting a little older, but I have noticed that my lower leg hair doesn't seem to grow much from my wearing longer socks (almost over the calf). For me, there's the "it looks weird when I don't" would work -- if I shaved regularly in the summer.

I agree with those who caution against telling the whole story -- once it is out, it can't be withdrawn!
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    snip -I am sure people notice I shave my legs, - - Snip -

Thanks,
    -Robin
    Robin, I have NEVER shaved my arms legs, chest or back. not even the arm pits. I never have hair growing there.
    So you see, there are a few of us that naturally have bare limbs.
    I have been asked if I shaved and said "No, but You want to, you are welcome to feel for stubble any time!, it is never there!"
    Now the face does grow a slow light beard. It took me 4 years to grow my Santa beard, and then it was still on the low density side, even though it was 3+" long.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollibelle View Post
    Sock friction isn?t a thing?

I lost most of the hair on my legs below the knee when I had to wear compression socks. Gave me a reason to trim everything else down to ?get it even?.
    I had similar patches of lost hair on my legs, don't know why, so a no-filter in-law would comment on that once in a while for no good reason, the only real way to get rid of that situation is to lose the hair that still grows.

I'd suggest a further conversation with your wife. How much does she value the friendship with Carrie? Explain that you are concerned that if you tell everything it could affect their relationship. If your wife is ok with that risk, then I'd go ahead and come clean. Otherwise I'd just say "I like it that way".
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Assuming you're not a serious cyclist, runner or swimmer (or male model...) just say "I like the way it looks and feels" and leave it at that.

I shave my legs, I manscape, and I shave my chest. Just this weekend I decided I wanted to partially shave my arms. From my observations, most women have arm hair but it isn't as dark or as long as most men's arm hair. What I did was use my beard trimmer (which I no longer use on a beard since I don't have one) that I hold a little bit up off the skin. I will do this gradually until such time as I have it at a length I won't be questioned about but is short enough to be considered feminine. I also shave the hair off the back of my hands. There wasn't a lot there; but, I got rid of whatever there was.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

If she asked in one conversation why you don't cut your hair, and also why do you shave your legs, then it sounds to me like she _might_ be on to you and trying to figure it out.
    If she says she doesn't like your longer hair, then it sounds to me like she doesn't approve.

The only anecdote that I am aware of: Heidi Phox shared a story where she and her wife opened up about her crossdressing to a couple who were close friends. It did not seem like a problem at first, but (If I understand what she said correctly) their relationship became more distant over time.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

It is your personal taste, nobody have nothing to do about it. But if you want to be more polite, you could do what others girls just said: "because I like it"

If this happened to me, I'll simply give it back with: "why you are asking me? It bothers you?"

With age (now I'm in my 40s) we start to worry less.

With my legs shaved, it's much easier to put my clothes on or off. The times I need to wear over the calls socks, the same is true there. I feel cleaner, too.
    When I started shaving my arm puts, I stopped leaving sweat stains on my shirts. And, I have almost no under arm odor now.

Like several have said, because I like my hair long and shaved legs, I like them this way.

I let my hair grow to my shoulders and shoulder blades. I’min a business that all guys. 99% don’t say anything I get questioned once in a while, I say nothing.
    I’ve been asked about my longs nails from two office girls, I just look at them and don’t say anything, forget them. A factual thing about both, they talk about everyone.

I have one couple that the wife says, I hate your hair that long. I say nothing to her just smile, her hair is so bad she may be jealous.

For some reason it seems to me it’s women not men that question about our longer hair, legs, nails ect.

Check out all the athletes today with long hair.

Lastly, I would simply say, I like myself this way and let it go.
    Last edited by KristyPa; 10-15-2023 at 07:25 PM.

I'd simply turn the question on her if it ever comes up, why does she shave her legs? If she says she doesn't then ask her why she doesn't, since most women do.

Since I started wearing hose I've noticed that I have no hair on my legs, which is strange considering arm and chest hair. About the only thing I can possibly guess as a reason is having been in the Air Force for 20 years and wearing fatgues and then camouflage, or camies as we referred to them, for most of the time I was in.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMe,Rhonda View Post
    I had similar patches of lost hair on my legs, don't know why, so a no-filter in-law would comment on that once in a while for no good reason, the only real way to get rid of that situation is to lose the hair that still grows.
    Or lose the no-filter in-law...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

thought of this afterward and since the thread has been revived i would ask if they shave they're armpits and why....you could add some girls don't and that you do....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Hi Ladies,

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. Since this thread bubbled back to the top again, I thought I'd give you an update.

Since I started this thread, I have not really seen Carrie much and the times I did see her we were not in a private enough setting for her to question me. My wife, on the other hand has spent some time with Carrie and to the best of my knowledge Carrie has not asked my wife anything. If Carrie should one day ask me my answer is simple .... because I like it ... end of story.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Robin, Sounds like a very good answer.
    Crissy

Robin, that sounds like a great answer and she'll have no way to disput it.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    If she asked me I'd own it. I'd start with isn't it great? It's just so much better. Then I'd turn it on her. Why did she shave her legs? (Hopefully not because society forces her) if she doesn't like the hair feel or look just say neither do you.

I used to use this as an excuse: 'It's easier to wear a leotard since I take ballet class, and I need to wear a leotard in my class.'

And if you don't take a ballet class... then you SHOULD. It's great exercise, trains your discipline, and makes you walk and pose elegantly. :-D

Stephania
    Part of the reason I shave my legs is because I have thin hair and my socks, work boots and pants tend to rub certain areas off and leave bald spots. I think my legs look better smooth than with patchy bald spots. I have one of those sil's with no filter, she asked once in front of the family if I shaved my legs, I just said yes nothing more. She commented it gave my legs a "cleaner" look and that was the end of it.