Thread: Charlotte has been recycled, donated to charity and thrown in the bin

Banned Read only

Charlotte has been recycled, donated to charity and thrown in the bin

Yes, a number of Charlotte's possessions have been recycled where appropriate, donated to charity whenever possible, and some items thrown away.

This wasn't a purge because I still have a number of items like shoes (due to availability of replacements) and clothing (that I still like to wear as *Male Name*).

The makeup has gone, as has my now very ratty wig. All of these items were cheap and therefore easily replaceable - as it is, the makeup was past its best anyway and due for replacement.

Reason being?

Charlotte just doesn't exist right now. She's still there whenever I see clothing I like. I don't shop for clothing any more though - window shopping or actual purchasing.

My total focus in life is family, fitness, finance and work - there simply isn't enough time for Charlotte to exist in the way that she could in the past.

I don't miss her either. The added stress and complexity was not good for me in the short or long term. The financial impact was not good for me, my family or my future.

This hasn't just been a Charlotte thing either. In the past 3 months I have sold my games consoles, my spare road bike, my escooter, my camera kit and more. I've gotten rid of clothing that I don't like in male mode as well - basically downsizing and going full minimalist on everything.

My life is SO MUCH BETTER now.

I get up, have some family time, work, go for lunchtime exercise, work, then more family time, exercise, reading and playing musical instruments.

Charlotte will be back one day, and I will be in a far better position to appreciate her.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Goodbye forever, Charlotte!

See u soon!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Glad things are going better for you ..... don't be a stranger, Charlotte will never go away, just on vacation ........................Debra

Best wishes with the new focus and clarity about what you value. I wish you patience and peace on the journey.

Goodluck on the new journey Charlotte

So good to hear of the balance you have found. As Rick Blaine said in Casablanca, "We'll always have Paris." There is so much more in life to enjoy than this 'peculiar pastime,' so best wishes to you.
    www.flickr.com/people/196660660@N08/

Good for you Charlotte!! Enjoy your life how you feel like it!! 💕 Sylvia

God I wish I could throw makeup away !!!!, but just cant bring myself to do it, its must be a disorder, I aways think I will need that one day, knowing dam well I wont !! Doh!!!

Banned Read only
    I believe everyone at times has to reassess their focus in life. I do not mean just cross-dressing, but anything that consumes a lot of time and energy, and, money. Hope it works out for you. Your comment is totally different than some of your previous comments of frustration.