Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking when dressed up

Smoking when dressed up

Just curious if any of you smoke while dressed. For me I find it attractive when women smoke, especially when they?re wearing lipstick. I suppose you could call it a fetish

Banned Read only
    Personal opinion is it's disgusting, and I actively avoid smokers, which goes to show we're all individuals.

Thank you CharlotteCD. I understand and respect your views on this subject.

i use to smoke wile dressed then a friend asked why I smoke and I said its only when I'm cross dressed her comment well tha'ts stupid Its not sexy That was the end of my smoking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Its funny you talk about smoking, I quit 25 years ago after smoking for 10 yrs, now in this day and age its very rare to see someone actually smoking a real cig. I was walking down the road and a guy passed me smoking, OMG!!! not had that smell in my notrils for over 10 yrs, it was disgusting !!!. So it may look sexy but it aint.

I do not find lung cancer sexy no mater how I am dressed!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

From age 17 when I started smoking until age 54 when I quit (I was at 2 1/2 packs by then), I never gave much thought to how one looked while smoking. If I thought it looked sexy to smoke while en femme, I would never give in to doing so. It doesn't bother me when I'm in the presence of someone smoking; but, I'm smart enough to know if I took one drag on a cigarette, I'd be hooked again. I don't want that to happen again.
    Last edited by Heather76; 08-30-2023 at 03:32 PM.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I smoked off and on from 15 to 35 then quit and never looked back. Never did it dressed
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I can relate to you comments, yes it can have a sexyness about it but it's more of an image of years gone by. I used to like the look. I'm also an ex smoker and no longer see it attractive. But also I don't judge either

Nothing sexy about smoking really.
    My first ex died of lung, throat and stomach cancer in July of this year so I would highly suggest you don't smoke and leave it as a fetish thing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I find some women look sexy smoking.

And, I've shot a few scenes with Sherry smoking. However, they were fake, unlit, cigarettes. I'm no dummy!
    Last edited by Di; 08-30-2023 at 09:31 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I get it that especially in old TV and film , smoking was viewed as a glamorous thing. Like others mention that is not the reality of smoking. Even without the health issues, I have never tolerated smoke very well and was glad that most bars and clubs disallow it now. Of course some still do and I hate coming home smelling like smoke instead of my perfume.

Sandi

I dabble with occasional cigar and whiskey...
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I would not like to get the stink of smoke on my clothes. Never thought it was sexy.
    I don't wish to change my gender I just want to change my clothes.

In the 50's and 60's all the actresses made smokimg look so glamorous, but in todays world it does have the same effect. (Sorry not for me)

The history of smoking is an interesting one. In the distant past only men smoked as it was viewed as very manly. But in the early 20th century when women began to push for equality women began smoking and that gained an aura of independence, equality, and glamour. Then it just became pretty standard in the 30's through the 50's and among college aged women well into the 70's. Then it began to fade with women and a little bit with men. Today it is more like 10% of the population smoke and mostly men and the activity is fading pretty fast. Nobody knows how many former smokers still smoke in secret. There go those secrets again.

Now among women what is attractive and glamorous is good health. I still do it some but much less and yes even when I am dressed, but I am so habituated I can't seem to completely quit. I don't think it is glamorous - just a bad habit. But if I went out dressed in public I would not even think of it. It persists primarily as an addiction. I do find it curious that men and women have bad things to say about tobacco smoking but have no trouble smoking marijuana or other things which, in terms of health effects, is many times worse than tobacco. Those things alter your brain dramatically. Each to his own. It is all a choice until it isn't. Just my opinion.

My beautiful cousin was a model in the early 60's. Like other women of her era, she smoked because she thought it was glamorous.

Sadly, she spent the last ten years of her life with a portable oxygen machine.

I also enjoy a cigar with my whiskey or bourbon. But that only happens maybe twice a year. And not while I'm dressed.

Smoking is not something I enjoy, nor the aroma it leaves on those that do enjoy it.
    But a drink or 3 is something I do enjoy....

I tried smoking almost every 50 years ago. Never again.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    I quit smoking in 1972 after about ten years of smoking.

Later, I dated a woman who was a chain smoker. Kissing her was like kissing an ash tray!

I don't find smoking attractive or sexy.
    Krisi

I understand and to a large degree share the negative reactions. It has always been gross to me to see men smoking. Really, very gross! At this point in my life it's bordering on gross to see a woman smoking. But, it has not always been that way. When I was growing up my mom smoked, as did almost all my female relatives except my sister. My dad did not, nor did any of my male relatives. I saw it as so glamorous, so intrinsically tied to femininity and beauty, and it was as feminine of an act as wearing a dress and heels. I know that's hard to relate to. It was such a bonding thing with the women and I wanted so bad to be a part of that.

I started sneaking around (I thought) when I was very young, eventually got caught, and was allowed to smoke at home whenever I wanted. I avoided smoking around my dad, even though he knew I smoked I did not want to smoke around him. He worked 4-midnight, so during school I didn't see him much anyway. I never smoked around my friends in school or at work. None of them knew I smoked. When I started dating my wife, she started smoking. Her parents never knew. My mother was an advocate of smoking, so she could always smoke around her.

I absolutely loved smoking with my mother and wife. I smoked when I was dressed and any time I could get away with it without my friends or coworkers knowing, much like dressing itself. It was such an image thing, and I loved the bonding aspect of it. I was way more addicted to the image and how that made me feel than I was nicotine. So many little things that I got a rush out of apart from the smoking itself.

i quit many years ago, and I did it by forcing myself to notice and focus on all the ugliness of it. All the things that didn't look like a Virginia Slims ad. Men smoking, the litter, the smell, the people who stand right outside the store doors and smoke just so people will see and smell them, my old neighbor who does nothing but sit on the patio and smoke. There are plenty of things that are offensive and gross, but when I was doing it, those images were not in my head. In my head, I looked like the Virginia Slims ad (for example), even if I wasn't actually dressed at the time. Every time I lit a cigarette I was transported back to sitting at some restaurant or in the living room with my mother or my wife, or joining the women at a family get together. It was very hard to shake that.

Now I'm ashamed that I ever did it. I do not admit it (except here, I guess). It was 1000% tied to my feminine self image. Imprinted, I guess. I'm glad I was able to kick it.

Banned Read only
    I would not have married my wife if she were a smoker. Ugh! Disgusting habit. Why would anyone intentionally start a fire in their home and stink everything up. When my wife, kids and I visited my MIL home with two or more smokers living there, we had do strip and shower when we got home and launder out clothes. We always left our jackets or coats in the car. I'd hate to think how a wig would smell.

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Beech View Post
    I get it that especially in old TV and film , smoking was viewed as a glamorous thing. Like others mention that is not the reality of smoking. Even without the health issues, I have never tolerated smoke very well and was glad that most bars and clubs disallow it now. Of course some still do and I hate coming home smelling like smoke instead of my perfume.
    Smoking seems to be making a comeback in movies and TV.
    My wife and I both notice how it seems more and more characters in shows and movies are smoking, and we both find it disgusting and unnecessary.
    I think it all started again with Mad Men.
    I think there maybe 2 reasons - they are trying to go for authenticity for a certain time period, or they are just lazy actors/directors trying to make the actor look busy.
    We find in most cases it's completly superfluous and adds nothing to the plot or storyline to have the character light up a cigarette and smoke.
    If they didn't do it, it wouldn't be missed at all.
    And if it's a woman smoking, for me, that makes her considerably less attractive, and for either male or female characters, it lowers my overall opionion of them to see them smoking as I think it's a nasty, disgusting habit.

While I do enjoy the occasional cigar in bit mode, I think smoking and vaping are disgusting. I smoked a pack a day for 15 years, but quit 33 years ago.
    I would never smoke while I was dressed pretty.