Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoking when dressed up

When I first started dating my now wife, of over31 years now, she was a smoker. As we got more serious, and i wanted to get married to her, one thing I asked her was if she married me she had to quit smoking, or i was gone. She quit, and now when ever we even walk past someone that does smoke, we cannot believe the smell. We are now so glad she quit. I never smoked, but I'm glad she did quit for me.

I eventually quit for good 40 years ago after many long stoppages. It makes your breath, skin, hair and clothes stink. Renders scent wasteful and pointless. Pack it in ASAP.

I smoke almost exclusively when dressed enfeme. Seems like a very feminine thing to me.

Here is a very different take.

Do I smoke when dressed? yes. I decided to smoke after visiting my sister last fall. So I am in my late 60's. If it takes 30 years to get cancer I will be late 90's. I do not think that is an issue.

I smoke about 1 pack a week. I just get very calm sitting on my patio while dressed have a quick smoke. I am starting to consider stopping. I had a touch of med trouble lately and I can't smoke anyway. Maybe I should just stop?

I've never smoked, beyond trying a couple of cigars in college, and it's never been anything I've found attractive. So, no.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Platinum Member
    I quit on Dec/15/1966, when I was 24, The reason that I remember the Date I heard on the truck radio that Walt Disney just died, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    Here is a very different take.

Do I smoke when dressed? yes. I decided to smoke after visiting my sister last fall. So I am in my late 60's. If it takes 30 years to get cancer I will be late 90's. I do not think that is an issue.

I smoke about 1 pack a week. I just get very calm sitting on my patio while dressed have a quick smoke. I am starting to consider stopping. I had a touch of med trouble lately and I can't smoke anyway. Maybe I should just stop?
    I think you should. For me personally, whenever I see an attractive person smoking, my attraction to them is immediately gone.
    I don't find smoking to be sexy or attractive at all.
    Plus, it affects your immediate health as well as your long term health.
    My father took up smoking again after he and my mom got divorced and tended to have a lot more colds/respiratory issues.
    When he finally got smart and quit again, his heath improved immensely.

I've sometimes seen a beautiful woman, can't help but look and admire. Then she lights up, and she's suddenly ugly to me. No, not sexy but hideous.

Can't say I never tried it, wanted to be cool (it's not). Tried to date a couple of smokers (hated kissing them).

What I'm wearing has absolutely no effect on this.

I used to smoke and quit long ago. For a short time I would only smoke while dressed and outside, it was the only thing that would stop the shakes from the inevitable adrenalin rush of dressing and going out to a park or just a walk. And yes once or twice I noticed the lipstick mark on them. I am a little surprised at how vehement some here about smoking.

At times, I smoke when dressed. It must have been all those Virginia Slims ads!

I find the look very sexy and femme...I love the nails, the lipstick on the filter. holding the cigarette in a dainty limp wrist way...But, for me it's the look and feel. I don't smoke in the real world. And, I don't HAVE to smoke when dressed. Also, like Bill Clinton [1] I don't inhale. It's more of a puff and blow thing.

It's just something I play with. I only "smoke" a pack a year. I get why people are so "Anti", but I find it sexy.

Never done it.
    Dated a smoker once. Even though she mostly went outside to indulge, I hated the way my clothes stunk when I got home from her place. Later learned that she'd died from throat cancer.
    Hard nope from me.

I quit smoking 16yrs ago now.....so never really dressed whilst still being a smoker....at that time I was only wearing silky night wear. My wife used to smoke very occasionally....we're talking a packet a month. I would never of asked her to stop.....both the kids started smoking after I quit which was annoying