Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long before bras begin to get uncomfortable?

How long before bras begin to get uncomfortable?

I don't wear a bra more than 8 hours a day so naturally there's the comment: I can't wait to take off a bra and you can't wait to put one on.

So for those who wear for longer periods of time, do you ever get to the point, I can't wait to get it off? What is the trigger?

That has never happened to me wearing a bra! Unless it is one of my punishment bras, but that is a discussion for another forum! Lol. I have felt that way in some pair of high heels, some waist clinchers, a couple tight girdles and a new pair of gortex mining boots that hurt my feet so badly after a shift underground. But never a bra.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I take it off when done dressing/presenting. Hours fluctuate.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Not something I have experienced. May be I need to wear a bra more to find out.
    Last edited by Jane G; 09-01-2023 at 02:50 AM.

Aspiring Member
    It depends on the bra, the size, and also your body shape - basically how well they fit.
    In the early days I was buying bras a size too small. When I realised this and shifted up to the next band size, it made a huge difference.
    Underwires can make a difference, but again, it depends on the bra. Some manufacturers get it right, and others seem to design them so the wires dig in.
    My current favourites are non-wired bras by Waschepur (German, I think). They are really comfortable on me, and the fabric feels really nice.

Not totally sure I grasp the question.
    If it is about comfort, I'd say if it is not comfortable then you need to find a better fit.
    When I am wearing a bra, if I don't enjoy the fit, I don't wear it again.
    I wear a bra or bodysuit most every time I get the desire & chance to dress. Well to dress and also look voluptuous.
    The attire stays on as long as I am dressed, but also have slept in them when I feel I want to extend the experience through the night.
    Bra or support garment only enhances the feeling and if I could pull it off maybe would want to wear close to 24x7 of course accompanied by breast forms that make it ever so much more enjoyable.
    For me the bra is needed to make the forms appear normal............. Hold them in place...........

Wearing the right size bra is so important. I can wear it and I forget I've got it on as it feels so natural. It's a different comfort with forms but just as nice . I'm a 42b naturally so some support is welcomed anyway. Hope this helps .

I often forget I am wearing a bra - unless I am hot and sweaty due to the temperature (I agree finding the right band size and style makes all the difference)

Platinum Member
    Agree, I largely am unaware of the bra I am wearing. Correct sizing is the key to comfort.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Maybe for women that wear them most of the time thois will happen.
    It has never happemed to me.

A different story would be my work boots, After a long day at work
    I could not wait to get them off.
    Since being retired I have never put them on since.
    They now sit in the closet.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I don't recall getting uncomfy in a bra so for me, my bras will stay on from when I put it on, usually around 7:30am, until I go to bed at 10pm. Sometimes I will sleep in it too, so it stays on overnight.

Reality Check
    A properly fitted "everyday bra" should not be uncomfortable. My bras never gets to that point.

Now if you are wearing pushup or underwire bras, it might be a different story. Or if your bra is too tight.
    Krisi

I'm not sure what kind of discomfort you are thinking about, but if it ever really got that bad, we'd hear a lot more about it from women.

I love the feeling of taking off my bra at the end of a long day, but it's not unusual for me to put on another bra after taking a shower to wear when I go to bed. And I love sleeping wearing my bra and forms. In the morning, I'll switch into a different bra again, but it's not a matter of comfort, just the natural process of getting dressed during the day. Switching bras also adds to their longevity.

Frankly, Donna, the best way to find out for sure is to try and find out for yourself. I mean, how are others supposed to know exactly how you'll feel after wearing this or that bra?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

In modern times when women's clothing has become very casual and easy-to-wear the bra is probably the only "structured" and perhaps tight garment worn. So it isn't surprising that many women regard the bra as uncomfortable when everything else is very relaxed and easy. In an earlier era, women accepted the constriction of girdles, non-stretch stockings held taut by suspenders and often much more substantial bras as necessary requirements to achieve the expected shape and structure for the more formal fashions of the day. They often complained about discomfort and restriction but still wore those things, often for fulll days, regarding the discomfort as part and parcel of being a woman.

The bra in modern fashion is often the only clothing item you can feel when everything else is so easy-going.

Of the bras I own, only the two with underwires are something I want to get out of after 2-3 hours.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Banned Read only
    The usually happens during the middle of the night when the underwire starts digging into my torso. Sometimes it does force me out of bed, strip off my nightie, remove the bra and put the nightie back on.

I so enjoy wearing a bra, I sometimes wear it 24 hours. My bras are all underwires and fit perfectly. I forgot I?m wearing one and enjoy strap adjustments, scooping, etc. love them.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A bra is just a tool, not a thrill, to me. That ended decades ago!|

They r not comfortable if they fit rite on me. On the rare occasion I wear a bra? Just like girdles, cinchers, 5" heels, wigs, silicone prosthesis, etc.? I'm always thrilled to take them all off after a long nite out dancing and suffering, but looking hot!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wear Bali t-shirt underwire bras every day for about 10 hrs. and they rarely get uncomfortable.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

I get fitted a few times every year just to make sure my size hasn't changed. I only have a couple bras that I hit a point where it has to come off. The rest of them are so comfy I wear them 14 -16 hours a day.

In response to your question...NEVER.
    Love to wear matching bras, panties, and garter belts

I wear underwire push up bra's all day and underwire t-shirt bras at night they used to bother me because they would shift around when I raised my arms or stretched, then I discovered "Jobst" It Stays, I roll a little under and on the side of each breast before I put my bra on and the girls stay in place all day with no discomfort. Just a little Jobst under each boob at night and my bra stays in place all night.
    Please Call Me Mandy

I have never been uncomfortable wearing a bra, no matter how long I've been wearing one, and there have been times it has been close to 24 hours before I take off the bra I am wearing.

I haven't yet experienced the desire to take a bra off and I hope I never do.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Never.

Julie