Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe I?m not supposed to dress up anymore

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I guess I misjudged u, Shannon? I think telling your SO all was the right thing to do.

Now, I hope for your sake the rite thing turns out to be the best thing, too!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I will say this?at first , my wife asked alll those same questions, and was like ?ok, all is cool? then it wasn?t for a few months. She almost left me. We had many heart to hearts, a lot of tears , and I pumped the brakes , heavily. That was 12 years ago this December. We just celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. Let her process, tell her anything she wants to know. Good luck

~Joss
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Shannon,

Good step telling her about this, that was the right thing to do. A little late, but you know what they say.

If you do things right from now on, you should find out how she feels about this sometime during the next 10 to 15 years.

Be honest, and be careful.

Good luck Shannon . Hope you get the outcome you desire. I regret not telling my wife . She found a stash of clothing which resulted in a negative outcome.

Shannon, it might not feel like congratulations are in order right now, but they are. It took a lot of courage to tell her! You did the right thing. This was a major, major bomb just waiting to go off. If you hadn't told her, it would have likely blown up in your face.

Platinum Member
    Hi Shannon I sure this story has a HAPPY Ending,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

After coming out to my wife yesterday the rest of the day was fairly normal. We talked and went on with our normal routine. We bbq?d last night, had some drinks and watched a little tv. I didn?t let on but I noticed that she was looking at me quite often without saying anything. Later we got ready for bed. Me in my male undies and she wore, for the first time in a while, her red sheer nighty. We kissed and lights out. This morning it?s been normal as usual. I?m giving her time to process it all but I wish she would talk to me about it soon.

She will talk when she's ready. You've had forever to process this. She's had 24 hours. It can be hard, but patience

looks like things are going well, i would suggest you let her go at a pace she is comfortable with....
    she may never say anything as her way of dealing with it....i suggest you dont push it for now....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

My wife was telling me what she had going on at work tomorrow. Because I work from home she asked me what my plans were. I said I wasn?t sure other than my regular work. She gave me a curious look and said don?t get into any mischief with a grin. If I didn?t know any better I think she knows I will probably dress. Not sure if I will though.

Well, sounds promising! But like mykell said, let her go at her own pace.

It is certainly not the same for everybody, but many of us have experienced our wifes/girlfriends start out puzzled but accepting, just to later on shift through tolerant to downright discusted by this.

This is something most women are not prepared for, so when they are suddenly confronted with this in Their Man, the first reaction is not nessecarily well thought out.
    It takes time to think through what this means, and it will be a while before she knows what to do with it.
    Like Mykell said, she may even never tell you how she actually feel about this, but it will most likely change how she feel about you.

The fact that the first question very often is "are you gay", shows that people really dont know much about this topic. It also shows that their impression of who you are, has just been completely uprooted. Everything about you is all of a sudden up in the air and questionable.
    An other typical reaction is, that if you have been "dishonest" about this fundamental part of who you have been pretending to be, can anything else you have ever said actually be trusted?
    Do you actually like coffee? Is your favorite color really yellow? Is the car you drive actually yours, or did you steal it?
    I mean, you clearly can't really be trusted, right!

All of this is going through your wifes mind now. Her comment about your potentiel mischief could be a clue that she is now not sure what you might be doing when she is not around, nomatter what you tell her your plans are, or what you told her you did yesterday.

At the same time, you probably also dont really know what this means for you.
    At some point, she might ask you what you really want, and how far you want to take this. Be very careful with your answers to these questions, because your answers will be remembered forever. If you are not 100% sure, then the best answer is "I dont know". Anything other than that might later be considered a lie.

Of course, your wife might turn out to be one of the "one in a million" ones we all will be envious of later on. Lets hope for that.

- Suzie

Wow lucky you sounds like fun.

My wife opened up to me this morning before going to work. We talked for an hour and a half. She asked what I would usually wear so I showed her where I kept my clothes, makeup and heels. She looked at everything I had and even commented on some things saying they were nice. She asked where the wig was but I told her I would do my own hair since it was long. She said ?you do your own hair??and just giggled a bit. You really like dressing up she asked? I nodded yes. She said ?what am I going to do with you? I said just don?t be disappointed in me and I really do love you. She gave me a kiss and said she had to get going and we?ll talk more tonight.

Shannon, I hope that the "we'll talk more tonight" has a positive outcome. So far it sounds like you might be one of the lucky ones who ends up with an accepting wife. When you do talk please anser her as truthfully as you possibly can.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Diane P. She?ll be home in a few minutes but I totally intend to be 100% honest with her from now on.

Sounds like affirmative, positive progress! Even if it ends up DADT (don't ask, don't tell) this sounds positive.

My wife now knows I crossdress. She?s the most important person in my life. As far as my coworkers go, I don?t care if they all know. I told my wife if she wants to tell hers, it?s fine with me. That?s up to her. Neither one of us have family anywhere close.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I want to apologize to all of you for misleading you by not mentioning that I was married. I also want to thank you all for your advice and support. I truly believe that being on this site saved my marriage. My wife knows my crossdressing hasn?t changed how I feel about her. She is accepting this little by little and I told her how much I appreciate it and I?ll answer any questions she has She told me I?ll always be her husband and she added ?for better or worse ?. I told her that I?ll always be her wife. She said ?very funny ?.

sooo maybe you might start another thread : maybe its ok to keep dressing....a beautiful bouquet of flowers are in order for her....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Shannon, I'm very happy to hear that things seemed to have worked out between you and your wife. It sounds she has a sense of humor with her response to your comment about always being her wife.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

My wife asked me to greet her at the door tomorrow as Shannon. She said she was curious to meet the other woman. I said I would be happy to do this for you. I told her I want to look my best for you so would you set my hair in your curlers before you leave for work. She said I never thought I would be doing this. She added, maybe we can go out and do something.

Dreams do come true Shannon! Congrats!

Hi Shannon - amazing how things have changed for you in less than a week! Enjoy!
    Jesse

My five cents, my wife is still processing my dressing after 15 years of finding out and still at times gets sketched out but tries her best to understand the stress and relief it gives me when I do it.

Thank you ladies for your guidance, wisdom, support and most of all, your tough love.