Thread: iPhone face recognition

iPhone face recognition

I was setting up a new iPhone the other day and my wife asked why I did not set up face recognition. I mentioned that I have two different presentations (three if you count that I switch between strawberry blond and brunette wigs) and that I don't know if wig and makeup would make a difference. She said that's not what the software usually looks for but didn't know either.

Has anyone here used face recognition in both boy and girl mode? Were there issues?

No issues at all, it still recognizes the same face shape/dimensions so go ahead and just set it up to your boy mode and anything like makeup and wig will not matter
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

The algorithm uses a three-dimensional scan of your face using an infrared dot projector and camera. It doesn't take hair and makeup in account and eliminates glasses from the scan, otherwise it wouldn't work for half of the GGs anyway. You should be good. Never had an issue while in full nines (wig and makeup added, beard shaved, glasses removed).

Melissalynn, my Android phone recognizes me.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Mine don't. I use my thumb print.

Mine doesn't care if it's me or him.
    It recognizes my face either way. Hair color, glasses or not, makeup or not it sees me. It's based on the facial shape and features not the other things that are used as disguises.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My iPhone is set up for facial recognition. It works for me in either mode without issue.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

My Iphone never had an issue with facial recognition when I present male or female. My dog on the other hand occasionally looks at me with a puzzled face when enfemme.

Just yesterday my daughter in law was telling me how her son can pick up her Iphone and it'll recognize his face as if it were his mom's and will unlock.

just saying...

Wow! I never considered that before so I guess it recognizes me in any mood. Thanks for the observation.

Yep, facial recognition sees through makeup and hair. Brenda can unlock my phone.

Platinum Member
    Hi Melissa Lynn , That is why I love my Flip Phone,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!