Thread: Happy surprise at work

Happy surprise at work

Hello ladies!

Had a surprisingly happy moment at work today.

As for context, at the end of July, I went and had a transformation session at Janet's Closet, in Detroit, Michigan. Got make-up done professionally, got some solid constructive suggestions regarding wardrobe.

Long story short, it was a wonderful time...shared pics of me in two outfits previously.

Okay, well, being a teacher, my school year has just started up. And I know that there are specific peers of mine who are quite supportive of my "dressup skills", so I pulled up the photos and shared them. For the sake of peace in the Universe, I declared that I had attended a Drag workshop. (Simpler and safer answer, given how "white-bread" my school community can be, sometimes.) My work friends genuinely enjoyed seeing my pics...and they all know me to be a Drama-Music-Arts fella, so that kind of workshop made sense to them.

Well, today, I was able to share the pics with my principal and vice-principal. They are even more delighted.
    They even chatted witb me about some schoolwide activities that would be fun...like a Drag Race, where the males, both teachers and students, get dressed up and put on heels, then have an actual foot race....or a no GG beauty contest. However, we also acknowledged that doing so would summon torches and pitchforks from our more narrow-minded families.

This is a marvelous level of acknowledgement to receive, to be sure.
    I do feel that, as a teacher with CD'ing skills, i have something of a responsibility to offer as much support to the students at my school who are establishing their identities...beginning to present as their actual genders and so forth.

For me, ti figure that this counts as progress on my CD journey. ��

TTFN
    Jenny O.
    (borrowed from another, but it resonates with me, too)
    My desire is to create an illusion that is a compliment to all women.
    It is meant to uphold and celebrate their presence and beauty

That is fantastic that they embrace you like that. Have to agree with the decision not to as it just needs 1 person to raise issues.

However the enthusiasm from your colleagues makes me wonder if there is a desire in most males to envision themselves dressed up?

Sounds lik you had agreat time getting a professional makeover. It was probably the safest thing you could do to say you had attended a Drag workshop vs telling them the truth.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Platinum Member
    That is a very interesting story Jenny,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Be aware that there is a difference between having drag pushed on students and a bit of fun. It's not narrow minded of parents to be against drag given how overly sexualised it can be - something that shouldn't be brought into a school.

I taught in public school for 32 years. Your school/district must be far more open minded than mine ever was, to even have such a discussion especially with administration. I feel I must caution, please be careful what you say and who you say it to.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Canadians, eh. Good for you. I don't see that happening in the US with the exception of some bright blue dots on the map.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Jenny, That is wonderful that your job is accepting.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That?s wonderful to hear, Jenny! I hope you don?t mind if I say this m a bit jealous because I would love nothing more than to live as my real self at work every day. I sometimes daydream about waking up earlier than usual to put on my makeup before heading out to the office in one of my skirts and blouses, handbag over my shoulder. Fingers crossed one day.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I really think there is. Since I started dressing, I?ve become convinced that several of my male friends would want to as well if they were encouraged.

Just another 'Gurl'
    Sad, but when I saw the title of your thread I immediately thought this must be outside the USA. Sure enough OP is in Canada. What is happening in the USA is tragic. So heartwarming to see sanity in other parts of the world. I am delighted for your OP.
    Just another man in a dress

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How lovely, Jenny! I hope some of your associates plans come to fruition.

How sad to recall when similar crossdressing were possible in the USA 15 or 20 years ago. Unfortunately we seem to be returning to the Dark Ages now.

Villagers with pitchforks and torches r no longer a joke here!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I hope that I am not out of order, but......I hear warning bells and see flashing lights. I actually think you are living very dangerously with this venture. As a crossdresser I of course believe we should be able to dress as we please, but I feel your secret cross dressing and the school should not mix. You have lied about yourself to the school, should this come to light I feel it will go heavily against you. As crossdressers we are considered perverts by many. Thus if your lies are discovered they will suspect it is because of sexual reasons. This will not put you in a very good light. Plus you plan to make this "drag race" fun ? Whilst I do not personally have a problem with that. Isn't actually making fun at the expense of crossdresser's ? Should we actually be doing that to ourselves ? Is it not enforcing prejudices against a section of society ? I have tried to raise my concerns about the wisdom of this not to upset anyone, but because it genuinely worries me that the poster is getting support for this venture. I feel they do not see the dangers facing them. Or am I mistaken ?

It is great that your fellow teachers and administrators are so supportive and realize that there would be some fun things to do that educate them to a degree about gender differences. I have no idea about how gender variance plays out in Canada but I suspect it is a bit milder than in the US but still a world to exercise caution. And your administrators are probably correct. This may not be the time seeing as how at least a significant part of our part of the planet is in reverse high gear with the pedal to the metal. Two to five years from now it may all be different and once again acceptable. File all the great ideas of your school's personnel under "Really Special Events."

I think Stephanie brings up some good and important points. I don't think it is making fun of anybody IF it is done in an educational environment where the kids are taught that it is OK to be different and have fun with our gender behaviors. I think it brings a message of gender equality to have a "Drag Race" and show that both men and women can have fun being reversed. But it has to be done in the right context otherwise the whole thing could go sideways.

Hi Jenny, thank you for your service! I was an educator for 42 years and have recently retired. Kudos on your approach to dressing and to your devotion as an educator.

Banned Read only
    Nice story, Jenny. I do not know how things are north of the border, but down here suggesting anything related to gender diversity can get the locals out with pitchforks or worse. Just to acknowledge or hint of being a person of diversity can be career ending in some states. I wonder if there will ever be another "Switch Day" at a local high school.

Platinum Member
    I am glad your colleagues are supportive of your CD skills, and implicitly perhaps, equally supportive of your gender expression outside of the school setting. Anything you share with your colleagues is perfectly fine, so long as the boundary between faculty and student remains between distinct. Teachers, like anyone else, are entitled to have personal lives and to share confidences with other faculty. That side should never stray into the student population.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am also really happy for you but have to tell you a story. When my kids were in elementary school (yeah, long time ago and different country). One Halloween, all the kids in school dressed up and so did the teachers. But this year all the teachers dressed alike, Men In Black. All the teachers were women except on man who had only been there a year or so. All the women wore black make suits and had their hair pulled back with the dark sunglasses but the male teacher dressed in a black skirt suit, stockings, high heels, wig, makeup, jewelry... the works. He looked amazing! I could tell that he had done this before, probably numerous times. The other teachers thought he was great as did all the kids but a few of the parents were less than happy with his attire. After the kids Halloween parade, everyone went on with their lives and I kind of forgot about it but later found out that some of the parents had complained to the school board and low and behold, the next school year, they did not renew his contract and he was let go.

So please do be careful, your coworkers may be supportive but watch out for your student's parents!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Having this discussion with your workers like this is so very awesome. I can't wait to get across the state to Janet's Closet for some wig and make up work. Like the others have said just be careful not to upset the muggles. Strategically make well thought out moves and decisions seeking non dresser co-worker advice. So that they can be fully involved and aware. Just want you to be safe.